Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
I still can't get over how fucking completely unplayable Acidmaw is
should cost 5 or maybe even 6. at 7 it is garbage. i suspect they'll fix it eventually

i gave up and created a face hunter
holy shit that deck can steal games like candies

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
they have fixed other cards... I don't know, I think the idea is good and fun, but the implementation is shit

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I think they've buffed like... three cards since open beta started.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
they have fixed other cards... I don't know, I think the idea is good and fun, but the implementation is shit

When was the last time they straight out buffed a card? (not a bug fix like warsong)

Hint:

January 2014, during beta

So no, they aren't going to buff this, lmao

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Anyway, conspiracy theory time:

I tried playing Face Hunter today, and strangely i find myself paired a lot against warrior/priest
If I play "normal" decks I don't face anti-face hunter decks as often

anyone else experimenting the same?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I avoid constructed like the plague. Maybe if TGT helps things. Had the 50g 3-win Hunter quest today -- did it in Brawl.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
range 10/6 roughly

Wut? there's a very noticeable difference between 10 and 6

Anyways, at that range you'll start encountering almost entirely netdeckers of tier 1/2 decks. From my experiences this month, that should mean a shitton of Warriors, AggroPaladin, Face/Midrange Hunter, and Tempo/Mech Mage. Priests are pretty rare tbh.

Last edited:

Grubba

Arcane
Don't forget demon zoo. I've had to face that deck more than any other the past few days. It's also what I've been playing lately, lots of burst potential.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
well, i don't play much, so i climb to rank 6/7, then play while doing other things and lose a lot of games and drop to 9/10
i'm sticking to my mage control now

Andhaira

Arcane
When was the last time they straight out buffed a card? (not a bug fix like warsong)

Hint:

January 2014, during beta

So no, they aren't going to buff this, lmao

The last card they buffed was Bane of Doom. But yes, they hardly ever buff cards, and Hunter cards are the last type that need buffing. Acidmaw works well with unleash the hounds as well as the 3 mana new TGT legendary (they were made to work together for a 10 mana board clear. Not saying it is a good or effective combo, but maybe they want to push control hunter which would need an effective board clear later on)

idonthavetimeforthiscrap is lying. There is no way he ever got up to rank 10, much less rank 6 Thus the retarded reply of range 10/6, whatever that means :lol:

I am trying to figure if I should risk doing an arena run or two for some quick gold before TGT hits, or do it after. I want to do it after because it will be more fun with TGT cards; but I also know I will probably have a higher win rate if I do it before because I know the current cards in arena well. But then again, lots of people will be trying to figure out TGT when it comes out so that might make us all even.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
The last card they buffed was Bane of Doom.

Men, I literally said the last non-bug fix. That was a bug fix! I have to correct you on this very important thing!

(Also I wouldn't be surprised if you were correct about idhtftc lying, he strikes me as the type that would)

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
oh no
random people on the internet don't believe me
how can i ever survive the shame

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
As I said, Andy, Arena will most likely get harder after TGT goes live given the random pack reward. People who average under five wins would at least get a 'new' card pack so the 150 was a slight premium over straight up pack buying. Since most people are going to want TGT packs, they won't be playing Arena. The people who average double-digit wins will obviously keep playing because they make triple the gold. That and the addition of TGT cards makes the average Arena deck worse.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
tbh i am not playing that much HS now in favor of Magic Duels. Anyone else playing it?

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
tbh i am not playing that much HS now in favor of Magic Duels. Anyone else playing it?

Magic Duels is unplayable garbage on every possible level. You should really feel ashamed for continuing to play it.

- Slow as fuck due to every action requiring a timer to count down. A single game versus AI takes like 20-30 minutes.
- Ugly ass interface that's actually less immediately readable than MTGO; which was already considered pretty bad by almost everyone
- Literal stock art and sound assets. Everything that isn't stock looks or sounds bad.
- Frequent crashes and disconnects, which will cost you of up to 15+ minutes of progress
- Actual butchering of the game's rules (most egregious is the rarity limitation for deck building)
- Quests force you to use the awful deck wizard (not that HS's is any better, but HS doesn't force you to use theirs)
- Can't specifically craft/buy/etc certain cards (I know that after 80 packs or whatever you get the whole set, but that doesn't change this)
- Fact remains that you're playing extremely underpowered magic. Basically block constructed, but with a shitty rarity limitation that increases reliance on RNG.

Seriously, what the fuck are you doing? I want the 3 hours of my life I spent giving that game a chance. Just play paper magic if you actually enjoy MTG.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
rarity limitation? i haven't played that much tbh, it's not like a have a lot of time to sit in front of the computer and play anyway, and i haven't even read anything about it, so i wasn't aware of any rarity limitation... yeah the rest is true of course, but i haven't played magic in quite a while, so i'm still enjoying myself for being playing after all this time...

the interface and everything else IS shit, but i'm still enjoying myself for now...

when i'm not playing magic i'm playing witcher, and that's about it these days...

Explorerbc

Arcane
No free TGT packs confirmed on twitter. First the blackrock wing, now this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom