Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Ash_Firelord

Educated
Thanks for the links, didn't know half those sites. My usual HS resources are Metabomb and Icy Veins.

I'd say I do pretty well considering the money and time I've spent, but I never made legend. Really want to, guess it's something to work towards this summer. :)

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Patron nerf is relatively simple, just make Warsong commander work as it should have from the very beginning - "your minions with 3 or less power have charge". There, no more Frothing OTK. Alas, that's probably not what Blizzard will do, as they simply hate combo decks in general - as evidenced by the Auctioneer nerf at a time when Miracle wasn't even particularly good. So they'll probably completely gut Patron somehow.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Will you finally quit the thread too, then?

lmao, you're still fucking anally devastated, only appearing every few pages to lash out at the great phage who still dominates your mind. I love it. Kid, if I actually left this thread, you would have nothing to do here except randomly link an article about how "hearthstone is casual!!" or whatever. You desperately need me.:mrpresident:

Last I recall I said 'go for it.'

Your insecurity is endearing as always.

And you still can't take a joke. That's unfortunate, back to pretending you don't exist I guess. Poor guy :hmmm:

lol fel reaver sounds terrible in a combo deck

I mean this earnestly and without trying to sound mean: that's because you aren't thinking about the deck properly. Fast Druid wants to consistently apply pressure so you can finish the game on turn 9; preferably sooner if possible. This isn't Taunt druid - if you go to fatigue, Fast Druid will have already lost vs something like CW/Freeze/Mill/etc. Fel Reaver is almost always a 2 or 3 for 1 that your opponent will scramble to kill - the downside is you lose 6-9 cards from your deck - this doesn't matter because your gameplan is to finish the match fairly quickly. The only card that is very good against Fel Reaver is BGH, and nobody runs that anymore except for other Druids, and a tech choice for CW/Handlock.

When you throw down a Fel Reaver versus Patron Warrior for example, they are completely boned unless they have the execute ready. In the event they do have an execute, they're still throwing something at your FR (either a guy, or an inner rage) then executing: still netting you a 2 for 1. This also means they're down an execute for Brother Bear, Dr. Boom and Ragnaros.

Ragnaros in particular pairs very well with Fel Reaver. Both are large threats that apply a lot of pressure. Both are immediate "must remove" targets that your opponent will throw everything at. It was not uncommon for my opponent to blow his load killing Fel Reaver, then when Ragnaros came down, he had nothing to deal with it.

As for the milling aspect: you have to be emotionally in control when you play Fel Reaver. This is a huge thing in any card game with milling - the mental minigame of understanding that the cards you lost from milling don't matter (unless you have graveyard interactions). Just pretend they were from the bottom of the deck. The only time it matters is if you go to actual fatigue, which you won't if you were going to win the game anyways.

All of these reasons are why cards such as Zombie Chow, Cenarius, Sylvanas, Belcher, Sunwalker, and Drake are all bad in Fast Druid. Every card in the Fast Druid list there will either apply pressure, cause a large tempo swing, or deal a lot of damage. (Wrath and wild growth being the exceptions: they're just too good) Conversely, those cards I said were bad in Fast Druid are all fantastic in Taunt Druid, which is a very different deck. Taunt Druid is usually winning the game at like turn 14 or so, and it does so by slowly grinding out the opponent.

sser

Arcane
Developer
And you still can't take a joke. That's unfortunate, back to pretending you don't exist I guess. Poor guy :hmmm:

Damn right you best pretend that before I get you sailing 1,000 words into another response I won't be reading.

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I see your point, but druid has so many high value cards, throwing them away seems like a bad idea. Fel reaver works in shaman and mage because they have the burst and don't need board to kill an opponent. On the other hand ramp+innervates into fel reaver could snowball the game out of control. Maybe it works but I wouldn't play it in druid.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I see your point, but druid has so many high value cards, throwing them away seems like a bad idea. Fel reaver works in shaman and mage because they have the burst and don't need board to kill an opponent. On the other hand ramp+innervates into fel reaver could snowball the game out of control. Maybe it works but I wouldn't play it in druid.

That's the big thing to remember with milling in card games: If you lose 6 cards, but are not going to hit fatigue anyways, just pretend those cards were from the bottom of the deck. Even if you lose both of your combos, it's entirely RNG. You had an equal chance of simply not drawing them at all (as long as you weren't going to cycle through the whole deck: which this version won't be doing in almost every match)

It's also worth mentioning that Fast Druid is a burst deck - Force + Roar is 14 on an empty board (plus 2 more for every other minion on it + the minion's attack) - Druid of the Claw comes down fairly frequently as a charger to get in another 4 damage as well (this is obviously highly matchup dependent) Like I said, you really are aiming to end the game as quickly as possible

There will certainly be a couple of games where Fel Reaver just doesn't work at all (maybe the opponent had 4 spare parts, or a rogue went apeshit), but with the proper mindset, he's hugely powerful.

I honestly might try throwing him into other bursty midrange decks next month when I'm messing around on the ladder. For instance, I feel like the card would actually be really strong in midrange hunter.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Congrats Phage

Only 2 days left men, until we can TGT and face hunter scum get what's coming to them

Thanks men. At least someone congratulated me in this thread!

(I dont think that TGT is going to weaken aggro, but good luck. PS don't blow your dust on chillmaw for a couple of weeks, trust me on this one)

lmao, you're still fucking anally devastated, only appearing every few pages to lash out at the great phage who still dominates your mind. I love it. Kid, if I actually left this thread, you would have nothing to do here except randomly link an article about how "hearthstone is casual!!" or whatever. You desperately need me.

But you didn't answer the question phage, pls do

tbh as long as me posting here continues to make you so obscenely butthurt without me even needing to do anything else, I'm going to keep doing so.
It's all because of me? You're gonna continue to dedicate time to posting about a game you supposedly dislike, *only* to spite me?

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
It's all because of me? You're gonna continue to dedicate time to posting about a game you supposedly dislike, *only* to spite me?

No, you're flattering yourself again - one of your many poor habits. I never mentioned I was going to quit the thread; however, knowing that you specifically are overtriggered gives me even more reason to stick around. You poor, poor thing.

No, you're flattering yourself again - one of your many poor habits.

But you said so twice, that you were here just because of me:

"tbh as long as me posting here continues to make you so obscenely butthurt without me even needing to do anything else, I'm going to keep doing so."

"Kid, if I actually left this thread, you would have nothing to do here except randomly link an article about how "hearthstone is casual!!" or whatever. You desperately need me."

I never mentioned I was going to quit the thread;

You didn't. That's why, I'm asking you.

Since "at last, i can finally quit this god forsaken game", does that mean you will finally quit the thread? It's a y/n question, very simple, doesn't even carry any moral condemnation. Pls reply

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
But you said so twice, that you were here just because of me:

"tbh as long as me posting here continues to make you so obscenely butthurt without me even needing to do anything else, I'm going to keep doing so."

"Kid, if I actually left this thread, you would have nothing to do here except randomly link an article about how "hearthstone is casual!!" or whatever. You desperately need me."

You didn't. That's why, I'm asking you.

Since "at last, i can finally quit this god forsaken game", does that mean you will finally quit the thread? It's a y/n question, very simple, doesn't even carry any moral condemnation. Pls reply

Alright. So for the longest time I told myself I wouldn't use the ignore function. But frankly I've realized that I'm starting to actually accrue brain damage from being exposed to people like you. Goodbye, old soul.

Alright. So for the longest time I told myself I wouldn't use the ignore function. But frankly I've realized that I'm starting to actually accrue brain damage from being exposed to people like you. Goodbye, old soul.
:butthurt::hero:

Victory:mrpresident:Victory

Still, no one answered my question. Is Phage gonna stop playing and leave the thread now?

Andhaira

Arcane
Thanks men. At least someone congratulated me in this thread!

(I dont think that TGT is going to weaken aggro, but good luck. PS don't blow your dust on chillmaw for a couple of weeks, trust me on this one)

I never intend to craft Chillmaw, I think the card has cool art and it's the first dragon legend with Taunt, but that's about it. I just like tweaking Metro. I would love to open it in a pack though.

I have about 3 legendaries on my list to craft, all from the classic set before I can start thinking about crafting from other packs.

Zeriel

Arcane
Objective opinion: this thread is proof that Hearthstone causes autism.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom