Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Phage, grats on your skilled Druid play. Although Cenarius is still better than Rag in aggro Druid.

Andhaira

Arcane
Ranked rewards have had a negative effect in that this ranked season has the been the hardest to climb ever since the rewards were announced! I've hit the wall since rank 11 and can't move past.

UglyBastard Phage Any tips? All I am facing are face hunters, mech mages, handlocks, zoolocks, aggro paladin's (eboladins) and the occasional patron warrior.

I've used aggro pally, and my own versions of mage (not mech) and dragon pally to break through but no luck. I win some with all and lose some with all, the main difference being games with the later two of my decks take longer. I've found handlocks are the easiest to face, while mech mage is by and far the hardest.

Should I swallow the bitter pill and try to break through with Patron Warrior? I am not a fan of the deck at all because aside from being cheap you basically prepare the entire game just for one combo.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I don't know how you want to play patron without Naxx. I would assume Death's Bite is essential.

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I found climbing on EU with eboladin easy, got to rank 5 in two days. Mulliganing correctly and knowing the match ups is important, maybe you're doing it wrong.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
I'm also struggling with Eboladin to be honest. Could you show your decklist ?

Also, I need to spectate somebody for the daily quest. So add me plz : WhiteGuts #2891 (EU).

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I'm also struggling with Eboladin to be honest. Could you show your decklist ?

Also, I need to spectate somebody for the daily quest. So add me plz : WhiteGuts #2891 (EU).
ill add you but i also need to spectate somebody r00fles

btw ebola, like warlock, is very much about the mulligan

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Lix9P0b.jpg
Still need to craft King Mukla. When TGT is out replace Wolfriders with Argent Horseriders and maybe add a Seal of Champions.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
It's slow but the main problem is that it requires at least a couple of silver hands recruits on the board or otherwise it's a dead card in your hand. I tried it actually, and when it hits the board after a Muster, it's pretty much an insta win. But most of the time, it sits awkwardly in your hand.

UglyBastard

Arcane
Andhaira

Just pick a netdeck list that isn't ultra slow control and go for it.
Almost all decks that are decent can reach rank 5 in some time.

And get Nax if you want to tryhard.

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Full totem deck is bad, and you got no win condition.

Death's bite is essential lmao

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Full totem deck is bad, and you got no win condition.
bloodlust and thunder bluff valiant.

I haven't added either to my deck yet because I'm not sure how viable TBV is, and I'm not sure what to remove.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Lix9P0b.jpg
Still need to craft King Mukla. When TGT is out replace Wolfriders with Argent Horseriders and maybe add a Seal of Champions.

I played eboladin to rank 4 - you don't need mukla tbh. He's not even used in most good lists. Remove the coldlight though. Leeroy is a good pickup if you're dedicated to giving people ebola.

Ranked rewards have had a negative effect in that this ranked season has the been the hardest to climb ever since the rewards were announced! I've hit the wall since rank 11 and can't move past.

UglyBastard Phage Any tips? All I am facing are face hunters, mech mages, handlocks, zoolocks, aggro paladin's (eboladins) and the occasional patron warrior.

I've used aggro pally, and my own versions of mage (not mech) and dragon pally to break through but no luck. I win some with all and lose some with all, the main difference being games with the later two of my decks take longer. I've found handlocks are the easiest to face, while mech mage is by and far the hardest.

Should I swallow the bitter pill and try to break through with Patron Warrior? I am not a fan of the deck at all because aside from being cheap you basically prepare the entire game just for one combo.

You should swallow the bitter pill and watch some Trump Teachings, maybe a couple of streams by a pro, and actually listen to Phage Von Phagerstein!

Also, sorry, but they're right: You don't run revenge in Patron. Revenge is okay in wallet warrior though.

Last edited:

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Why play leeroy when mana golem is just plain better. I haven't tried it yet so I don't know, but coldlight+mukla seems like a sick combo with divine favor.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Why play leeroy when mana golem is just plain better. I haven't tried it yet so I don't know, but coldlight+mukla seems like a sick combo with divine favor.

Because Leeroy does 2 more damage ya doofus. Every point of damage is vital for the high stakes world of EBOLA! It's not a must craft - I'm sure the deck can hit legend without him, but if you own the card, he is a small upgrade most of the time.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
If you're stuck at rank 11, it's usually not the decklist that's the problem.

Thanks. You're wrong tho, Cenarius = Taunt; Rag = Combo/Fast, gotta get with the times old man!!

Rag is a long-term value card, he's bad in any aggressive deck. Like, what's the point of it in combo druid? Do you enjoy seeing it shoot some crappy minion while you're holding combo and 3-5 damage off lethal? It makes your deck unnecessarily vulnerable to BGH. Cenarius is better because it's more versatile, but it's probably better to play neither and have more midrange minions instead. Even Sylvanas would be superior.

Where did you get the idea that it's good in the first place?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom