Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Grubba

Arcane
I know Naxx has killer cards, especially Shade and Kel Thuzud, and the slime is pretty cool too.

ya those are the cream of the crop for Naxx :roll:

Anyone think Living Roots will make token druid a viable deck? I know it was popular at one time but that was before I started playing.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Might be good. Mulch will probably be used more, though. Yeah you give your opponent a random card but chances are it's not as good as the minion you're removing.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Mulch is bad tbh. Currently in the game almost every constructed creature has immediate impact, or a powerful death rattle (or it's just some random filler 1/2 drop for aggro). It's a good arena card though.

Andhaira

Arcane
Yeah I don't get the excitement over Mulch; it's a more playable Naturalize but that's about it. It's also an epic. :lol:

Anyhow, 24th is here MEN! Ready to open your packs?

How much gold will you be spending today? I have 1600; will probably open 13 packs, and spend the rest on Arena.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I'll spend 3k in-game gold for 30 TGT packs.
Maybe just ~2.9k to afford an arena run.

Then I'll craft whatever is missing for my Shaman.

Last edited:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
The only legs I consider crafting, granted I don't get them from packs, are Gormok the Impaler and Mistcaller.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
>Gormok

I thought this was confirmed not really that relevant

Reynad thinks it's good. Everyone else that I know of is in agreement that it is by definition a win-more card.

Reynad thinking it's good is relevant because he was one of the few who liked Dr. Boom and Fel Reaver.

That said, as much as I enjoy Reynad, he's become less and less relevant to the game, as he's mostly busy running tempostorm and probably raking in a ton of money from it.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
It's a good card.

You've never actually explained why you think this card is good, despite the overwhelming amount of thought out arguments provided by myself and a couple other of posters. I'm very curious to see the reasoning of someone who genuinely thinks this card is good.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
You've never actually explained why you think this card is good, despite the overwhelming amount of thought out arguments provided by myself and a couple other of posters. I'm very curious to see the reasoning of someone who genuinely thinks this card is good.
Note that I play shaman.

*Any card that that can remove and leave a body on board is great. It's why fire elemental is a staple 6-drop for any mid-range shaman.
*Shaman doesn't really have any great 4 drops. Most are 1-3-cost with overload, or higher than 4. It's a good cost tier, just like dr boom was a welcome addition for 7.
*Shaman needs more target removal but there are already too many spell cards competing for a spot in any shaman deck.
*Shaman can easily fill up a board and at the same turn play a 4-drop. It doesn't even have to be a "win more" situation, altho yeah that's probably gonna be the case many times. Ghost wolves, Naxx spiders, Tuskarr totemic, totems in general. Getting 4 bodies on the board, even weak 1/1s is not a huge problem.
*The 4 dmg can target anything not just minion (so it's like elemental and corruptor). So it can ping face for more than a lightning bolt. Probably not gonna be a common occurrence, but the potential is there.
*4 dmg kills many more minions than the 3-pings of fire elemental and corrupter.

In short, it fills a good slot and role in a bloodlust/mid-range shaman deck.

Must be played to find out if it's good of course, hence why I want to craft it. But there's too much potential to write it off as irrelevant.

As for other classes than shaman... I don't know. Potentially zoolock and ebola, but I don't think either of those are in as much of a demand of a 4-drop as shaman. Shaman plays slightly heavier creatures at the cost of overload, but can still fill the 4 bodies required without too much of a hassle.

Mystary!

Arcane
Cheap removal with a body. Like a medium game hunter. Or something like dark iron dwarf for zoo. Instead of trading a bunch of tiny minions you could potentially replace their 4 hp minion with yours, that would be a huge swing.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I disagree with you, but thank you for taking the time to write out your thoughts Zed

The main reason why I'm disagreeing is actually a large reason why I feel the Totem Deck won't work in practice: you have to keep a certain number of totems up in order for the synergies to work well. In practice, smart opponents will keep your board clear.

Still, I am glad that you have some valid thoughts behind it; though you may regret spending that 1600 dust!

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Cheap removal with a body. Like a medium game hunter. Or something like dark iron dwarf for zoo. Instead of trading a bunch of tiny minions you could potentially replace their 4 hp minion with yours, that would be a huge swing.

So, the issue with this is that if the turn passes and you have 4 minions up, you are already winning the game in the vast majority of cases. If you're comboing gormok in tandem with playing minions, then you're playing him on turn 5+.

He just seems like a much less consistent DID (granted his effect is much stronger), and DID rarely makes it into modern Zoo

Mystary!

Arcane
In practice, smart opponents will keep your board clear.
So, the issue with this is that if the turn passes and you have 4 minions up, you are already winning the game in the vast majority of cases

Easier said than done. You don't always have the means to clear a board, and if its just a bunch of totems or 1/1 it's hardly winning. A druid could innervate out a bigger threat, like a druid of the claw or something, you either use remove spell, trade 3-4 imps, or Gormok. Which comes with a body. It's not that far-fetched.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Here's what I'm thinking in regards to a gormok/totem shaman, http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilde...676:2;7756:2;14440:2;22265:2;22270:2;22323:1;
Very unsure about the Lava Shock over LB/Crackle tho. Should probably replace argent with zombie, and try to get 2 zombies in there. I just don't... like.. zombies, and argents are pretty sticky.
I'm also very interested in Ancestral Knowledge, the new card draw, in conjunction with Lava Shock. I think that would be better for weapon/heal-focused shaman tho.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
never forget

good luck with your purchases today americans

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
here's a TGTebola I'll probaby have as backup if the shaman sucks http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilde...23:2;12228:1;12257:2;22301:2;22330:2;22373:1;

I played a lot of ebolapaladin up to rank 4 in August; take out the warhorse trainers, trust me. You very rarely have silverhand recruits on the board with this deck (usually only after muster) and he is too underwhelming to play without a recruit already out. I'm also unsure if Argent Warhorse is actually good enough, but he might be.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom