Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I can't watch Twitch, I'm over 30.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Found a deck list. Unfortunately I didn't get any Tuskarr Jousters. Not going to start crafting shit for a while. Justicar Trueheart in there seems kind of meh over something like Emperor.

UglyBastard

Arcane
I was streaking all the way through rank 5 with this deck, was pretty fun but the games took forever.

ETNCunZ.jpg

+Tirion and Ysera

Enter the Coliseum is stronk as well.

Andhaira

Arcane
For Metro

RQhkFve.jpg

:smug:

UglyBastard That's great; good to see controllish pally coming back. I know games with heavy minions take long but they are IMO more fun, than brainless face bashing.

Can you tell me what is your success rate with Tuskar's healing, with the joust? And aren't 2 Vendor's a bit much, what would you say to subbing that with a Seal of Light? You can combine it with Truesilver for 6 healing and 6 damage to the face, and also not heal your opponent. You don't get a body on the board true, but it's cheaper (if played by itself)

UglyBastard

Arcane
Andhaira
I think Seal of Light is a pretty crappy card overall. I would also need a second Pyromancer to go with it, that means I have to make room for 3 slots. It just doesn't do enough on its own.
The two Refreshment Vendors are great, they can be dropped on curve, eat a lot of damage and heal. Way more value and that fits the ultra greedy style of the deck.

Jousting with the Tuskarrs went well, but the deck is extremely top heavy to make them work. Thats why I don't play Zombie Chows and stuff. Ysera is probably too much, maybe I replace her.
Justicar is insane in control mirrors, the dude flood destroys Control Warrior. You can outgrind almost any deck with the improved hero power if you can slow the game down enough.

btw. Trump just wrecked some poor fool with Murloc Knight on stream, that thing takes the game away if you don't deal with it asap.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
MURLOC KNIGHT POWAH. I still don't get Trueheart. Eventually you're going to crowd your board with 1/1's and the Murloc that spawns from the Knight does so AFTER the 1/1's have come out. So if you hit 7 minions it won't spawn. Also, needs Gormok!

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Okay, Murloc Knight is pretty good. But Andhaira still sucks. He'd suck even if he made Legend. Anyway, it's especially funny when the murloc it spawns is another knight. I still don't get Justicar in that decks, your board is going to hit capacity unless your opponent has a ton of AoE or can make a ton of trades every turn.

Then you have a bunch of people on the official forums jizzing their pants saying Justicar is awesome in CW because of the 4 armor. I thought it would be solid but these guys are like OMG I had over 9,0000000000000 armor kappa kapapappakapkapkapkpakpa smorc.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I was streaking all the way through rank 5 with this deck, was pretty fun but the games took forever.

ETNCunZ.jpg

+Tirion and Ysera

Enter the Coliseum is stronk as well.

That seems decent, but I'm surprised you're bothering with Emp T. The deck has no combos, and doesn't have much card draw so you're not going to get any discounts that are tremendously meaningful (other than playing Tirion/Ysera a turn early I guess). Is refreshment vendor actually gud? He certainly hoses Face Hunter, but against everyone else it's kind of just a 3/5 for 4. Also no Piloted Shredders! For shame!

hivemind

gr8, i got an acid maw. GR8. THANKS BLIZZ.
imo you should try buying a few packs or spending some dust to get unleash(getting two would be better tho) and playing control hunter with that SICK combo

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Just noticed his golden sludge belchers. What a try hard. You actually have to craft those.

hivemind

Belcher is actually a good card to have golden because you get two animations for the price of one.

hivemind

I literally lost 3 arena matches because I battle hit the wrong create BECAUSE MY MOUSE IS SHTTING ITSELF

I just made a north sea kraken do 4 damage TO MY FACE

FUCK

hivemind

Well 4 with this one

this is against a person that attacked with his direwolf first and thus didn't perfectly kill my creature when he could

I'm so fucking mad

hivemind

I'm literally moving around the entire board with my target effects to make sure that I'm hovering over no card unless the one I want to in case my mouse button auto clicks again.

Next level mechanics required to play hearthstone

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Today I must have somehow offended the RPGods for my luck in arena is fucking abysmal, HOLY SHIT

edit: OK IM NOT PLAYING ARENA TODAY WHAT THE FUCK

UglyBastard

Arcane
That seems decent, but I'm surprised you're bothering with Emp T. The deck has no combos, and doesn't have much card draw so you're not going to get any discounts that are tremendously meaningful (other than playing Tirion/Ysera a turn early I guess). Is refreshment vendor actually gud? He certainly hoses Face Hunter, but against everyone else it's kind of just a 3/5 for 4. Also no Piloted Shredders! For shame!

I used Thaurissan because the deck is so top heavy, just to get some discounts and not die with 10 cards in hand. Control Warrior uses it for the same reason. It was actually OK, saving my ass a few times because of Tirion or LoH discount. Might be replaced with something else, but I don't want to bring the curve down and make the Tuskarrs worse.

Refreshment Vendor is awesome against aggro, it trades 2 for 1 and heals you. Really good card for grindy decks. It's kinda shitty against Control but still way better than Healbot there and it doesn't really matter because the deck WILL outgrind you in Control Mirror. Shredder stickiness doesn't really bother me, Vendor trades 2 for 1 against the aggressive decks and heals me as well. I'd rather try the unstoppable MURLOC KNIGHT!!1

also lol @ the jelly haters whining bout muh belchers

:butthurt:
The Boom and Sylvanas in that deck are also crafted. WHERE IS UR GOD NOW?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom