Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Well mid-range paladin was mostly dead after Patron warrior since Patron warrior has like a 90% winrate against it when played correctly. The deck can only function in metagames where Patron isn't around. Right now it seems people aren't playing it since they want to try out the new cards; but it's just a matter of time until it returns since I'm not seeing any new cards that do much against it other than Chillmaw.

Actual good control warrior lists usually don't run Emp T though for the reasons I mentioned.

lel when he was released you said he was super OP, gonna be run in every deck, wtf blizzard what were you thinking etc.

Now he's not supposed to be used even in a deck that gets some good hits off with him?

Remind me never to trust midget HS commenters again.

Someone pls copy this so Phage can see it.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
flamestrike

Of course Patron will just wait until they discount Frothing, and do a 30 damage combo out of no board :lol:

Even if Chillmaw / Dragon Decks become a big thing, Patron could just start running a silence or two. The deck is remarkably flexible in its tech choices.

hivemind

What about Freeze mage with iceblock ?

What about other combo decks like malygos shaman ?

hivemind

Malygos shaman also looks like it's pretty skill based from what little I have seen on stream.

Explorerbc

Arcane
Why do you feel that way? I can kinda maybe see some of the new cards like Refreshment Vendor bullying Face Hunter away, but I don't think that will really do much versus double fel reaver mech mage, lol

I dunno, cards like Tuskar Jouster, Healing Wave, taunt dragons look like they shorten the time window you have as aggro to push for lethal. We'll see.

Btw, I used the Collection Tracker plugin for HDT to well ... track my collection

8xvpzt.jpg

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
What about Freeze mage with iceblock ?

What about other combo decks like malygos shaman ?

Both Patron Warrior and Control Warrior are immensely favored against Freeze Mage when played correctly. Basically, it comes down to the decks gaining too much armor for FM to burst through. (this is easier to achieve in CW usually, but Patron can still wrack up a shitton with Armorsmith shenanigans)

Don't know the PW vs Malygos matchup. Elemental Destruction certainly helps beat out the patrons themselves, but can't really stop the Frothing combo (which is really the most degenerate part of the deck)

hivemind

Doesn't the frothing combo require a board tho?

You basically make it a lot less effective if you don't have minions of your own that he can activate off.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Doesn't the frothing combo require a board tho?

You basically make it a lot less effective if you don't have minions of your own that he can activate off.

lolno

this is why when that euro earlier in this thread (sorry I forget specifically who) went on about "I don't think patron is that strong, idiots just play too many minions" I laughed in his face. sure - this setup requires a ton of cards and emperor, but in extremely long drawn out matches versus control decks, you can get a 30+ damage setup from no board with startling consistency.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I don't think patron is that favored vs freeze tbh.

Well, it is according to pretty much every guide and matchup chart out there - granted armorsmith is an extremely important factor, and the patron player has to utilize their resources correctly.

hivemind

noxious :3

yeah I didn't realize that it's so bad

Still the other combo decks at least have a fighting chance because they can also OTK ? but then we come back to the armor gain the Warrior has

lmao what a cancer deck

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
It was me. Versus control decks that exert no pressure and just let patron do whatever they want.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
This is what it looks like when highly competent players use the deck over a large sample of games: http://hearthstoneplayers.com/what-...games-from-zalae-strifecro-sjow-dog-and-more/

Note - they do have "59%" against other patron players, since these are pros. Still, even if you were to knock off 9% for the other matchups, that would mean only... Oil Rogue and Control Warrior are favored against it. And yeah - this list is missing freeze mage, since in reality FM makes up an extremely tiny portion of the metagame. Mostly just trying to illustrate how broken the deck is. It's virtually Miracle Rogue 2.0 - obscenely strong, but requires a brain to play, which is the only reason it's not instantly nerfed.

hivemind

just go the 100g 'have all the basic cards' acievement after like several months of playing the game :lol:

guess picking hunter in arena was worth it

hivemind

also sealed out the game with a King Crush that I got from a ball of spiders webspinner

UglyBastard

Arcane
just go the 100g 'have all the basic cards' acievement after like several months of playing the game :lol:

Wow, even I don't have that and I'm playing since beta and have 1000+ arena wins and quite a bit of $$ dropped.
How much did you spend on the game? o_O

Andhaira

Arcane
Patron Warrior can be seeing coming a mile away. Yes it's a cheapo deck of cheese, but you can easily take care of it as a Paladin. He needs a lot of cards to do his setup properly, and for that he needs card draw. Don't let him do that. Keep equality + consecration in hand, and keep smashing his face with a weapon or big minion. I have an excellent win rate against it.

Ofcourse you cannot win every game and if you aren't careful or get bad draws yourself you do stand a good chance of loosing.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Wow, even I don't have that and I'm playing since beta and have 1000+ arena wins and quite a bit of $$ dropped.
How much did you spend on the game? o_O

I think hivemind is referring to the achievement for leveling all of the classes to 10, thus unlocking the actual basic cards.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Patron Warrior can be seeing coming a mile away. Yes it's a cheapo deck of cheese, but you can easily take care of it as a Paladin. He needs a lot of cards to do his setup properly, and for that he needs card draw. Don't let him do that. Keep equality + consecration in hand, and keep smashing his face with a weapon or big minion. I have an excellent win rate against it.

Ofcourse you cannot win every game and if you aren't careful or get bad draws yourself you do stand a good chance of loosing.

You do know that even at Rank 1/Legend most people cannot play Patron Warrior fully correctly all the time, right?

You do know that when played correctly, Patron warrior should beat Aggro Paladin like literally 90% of the time, right?

Your experiences do not deal with what optimal patron warrior play is.

Andhaira

Arcane
You do know that even at Rank 1/Legend most people cannot play Patron Warrior fully correctly all the time, right?

You do know that when played correctly, Patron warrior should beat Aggro Paladin like literally 90% of the time, right?

Your experiences do not deal with what optimal patron warrior play is.

I am not talking about aggro pally (though yes, that too can beat PW) but control pally as well as dragon pally.

But that is besides the point, I already said the deck is cheeze and should be nerfed, along with Dr. Boom.

UglyBastard Yeah hivemind didn't get the collect all expert cards, only the basic card achievement. The expert card one requires you to have all cards in the classic set, including legends, and gives only 100g as a reward. :lol:

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Look men, I'm trying to circle-rage-jerk about Patron Warrior! I NEED EVERYONE TO GET MAD!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom