Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Also, just to throw out muh Murloc Knight deck (too lazy to do a screenshot and upload) so here.

Missing Tuskarr Jousters but I'd sub them in for the Healbot and probably the Silver Hand Regent. Probably Tirion for Sylvanas if I had it. Never been a huge fan of Sylvanas as most people are going to hit it with silence and it's somewhat slow for this deck. Maybe I'd stick Black Knight in there to deal with taunts or maybe Avenging Wrath. Loatheb and Kel are there to prevent AoE wipes/mass trades. Sea Giants struck me as better than traditional stuff like Boom because chances are high you can get them out earlier. I should probably have more 3 drops but there aren't really any 4 drops I'd want to take out.

Mystary!

Arcane
So, Piloted Shredder got an indirect nerf because of Darnassus Aspirant, sets you back one mana since it doesn't trigger the battlecry, only the deathrattle.

hivemind

Yeah but you can also get like the new shaman totem thingy without the overload.

We'd have to do like a full on all 2 drops analysis to see if shredder is stronger or weaker

UglyBastard

Arcane
It's certainly slightly weaker, the amount of catastrophic outcomes grew +50% (Mana Wraith, Doomsayer and now Aspirant) while the amount of great outcomes grew significantly less, as well as the number of possibilities overall.

It's still a marginal effect and doesn't impact Shredders viability in any way.

That said, I just got fucked because I got Aspirant from Shredder. :negative:

Andhaira

Arcane
Also, just to throw out muh Murloc Knight deck (too lazy to do a screenshot and upload) so here.

Missing Tuskarr Jousters but I'd sub them in for the Healbot and probably the Silver Hand Regent. Probably Tirion for Sylvanas if I had it. Never been a huge fan of Sylvanas as most people are going to hit it with silence and it's somewhat slow for this deck. Maybe I'd stick Black Knight in there to deal with taunts or maybe Avenging Wrath. Loatheb and Kel are there to prevent AoE wipes/mass trades. Sea Giants struck me as better than traditional stuff like Boom because chances are high you can get them out earlier. I should probably have more 3 drops but there aren't really any 4 drops I'd want to take out.

But Metro dear, you said multiple times in this thread that Murloc Knight was bad?

Could it be that you were....wrong?!?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
well, I never wanted to, but I just crafted dr boom. kind of because I had to in order to get this midrange shaman working properly. it also opens up for other types of decks with other classes.

Last edited:

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I used Thaurissan because the deck is so top heavy, just to get some discounts and not die with 10 cards in hand. Control Warrior uses it for the same reason. It was actually OK, saving my ass a few times because of Tirion or LoH discount. Might be replaced with something else, but I don't want to bring the curve down and make the Tuskarrs worse.

Refreshment Vendor is awesome against aggro, it trades 2 for 1 and heals you. Really good card for grindy decks. It's kinda shitty against Control but still way better than Healbot there and it doesn't really matter because the deck WILL outgrind you in Control Mirror. Shredder stickiness doesn't really bother me, Vendor trades 2 for 1 against the aggressive decks and heals me as well. I'd rather try the unstoppable MURLOC KNIGHT!!1

also lol @ the jelly haters whining bout muh belchers

:butthurt:
The Boom and Sylvanas in that deck are also crafted. WHERE IS UR GOD NOW?

Actual good control warrior lists usually don't run Emp T though for the reasons I mentioned.

And yeah, I can see Refreshment Vendor being good against Face / Eboladin specifically; I just can't see it being better than Shredder. Then again, maybe I just love muh shredder too much.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
The meta did a 180° over night.

Were you playing during GVG's release? The same thing happened. Everyone tries out new decks, then a couple new actual archetypes stick around, then everyone else reverts back to old favorites with a couple of tweaks. Just wait for the pros to pick up Patron/Hunter/Demonlock/etc for the legend grind again once the ladder resets.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Just read that if you play Astral Communion at 10 mana, it discards your entire hand before giving you the excess mana card :lol:

Explorerbc

Arcane
I can definitely see a turn towards control, so far most new decks seem to get rekt by old ones except maybe some shaman/pallies that look pretty strong against aggro with all the heal.

Anyway, I seem to be more excited about the rank 5 chest. 3 more months and I'll have an extra legendary :negative:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Well GUIZ, I told you I'd use Justicar Trueheart in CW in place of one Shieldmaiden and now a lot of people are raving about undying warriors with massive amounts of armor. I'm still not 100% sold but, imo, it's still better than a second Shieldmaiden. We'll see where it is in a month but I could see them nerfing it from 4 to 3 armor. Probably not, though. Right now you have a bunch of derpies using it with Garrison Commander to turtle up and that doesn't strike me as a viable strategy once the meta settles.

Also I'm butthurt I didn't get one in a pack.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I can definitely see a turn towards control

Why do you feel that way? I can kinda maybe see some of the new cards like Refreshment Vendor bullying Face Hunter away, but I don't think that will really do much versus double fel reaver mech mage, lol

Andhaira

Arcane
Once the meta settles the result will be what any sane person expects: People will use a combination of cards from Classic, GVG, TGT, Naxx and BRM in their decks. Few decks will use solely the cards from a specific set only, aside from newbies who have just joined the game.

The armor issue with Justicar and Garrison commander for Warrior does seem to be a bit problematic; but if the game swings more towards control as it does seem to be doing slowly yet steadily, then the excess armor will be balanced against the fatter minions being played. Patron Warrior will still be a problem if nothing is done.

Honestly I hope they wait a good long while before doing any nerfs or buffs, though not as long as they waited for Undertaker. Meanwhile they need to fix Patron as well as Dr. Balanced; the boom bots are way overpowered. At the very least they could improve other 7 mana legends to compete, like Rend (which should be a 6-6 instead of a 8-4)

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Leave Rend as shit and dragons can't become I thing so I can keep avoiding to waste gold on BRM.

Mystary!

Arcane
Were you playing during GVG's release? The same thing happened. Everyone tries out new decks, then a couple new actual archetypes stick around, then everyone else reverts back to old favorites with a couple of tweaks. Just wait for the pros to pick up Patron/Hunter/Demonlock/etc for the legend grind again once the ladder resets.
Nah, just started playing again after a years hiatus. But of course it's understandable that people want to experiment, just seemed a little extreme in this case, like it flip-flopped completely, the least played classes became the most played and vice versa.

Grubba

Arcane
the least played classes became the most played and vice versa.

Not really. Rogue was probably the least played class pre-TGT and that still appears to be the case. It really seems to be the weakest class right now, not a whole lot going for it. I really don't think the most popular classes have become the least played, either.

Dragon priest and midrange totem shaman seem to be the two big decks to emerge since the launch.

I'm fucking terrible at this game, spinning my wheels at rank 12. MEH :negative:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Problem is they didn't give Rogues anything worthwhile. Same with Warlocks but at least they were strong pre-TGT.

Mystary!

Arcane
Not really. Rogue was probably the least played class pre-TGT and that still appears to be the case. It really seems to be the weakest class right now, not a whole lot going for it. I really don't think the most popular classes have become the least played, either.

Dragon priest and midrange totem shaman seem to be the two big decks to emerge since the launch.
Really? I used to see more rogues than I did priests and shamans put together.
The previously most popular, face hunter and patron warrior, Ive only faced maybe once or twice since TGT.
Now it's predominantly shamans, priests and paladins. Paladins are about as popular as before tho, just slightly modified and appearently stronger. Mainly due to murloc knight and justicar trueheart which lets them flood the board.
But maybe it's just subjective, or on a certain rank/server or whatever.

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Nah those are probably the three most prevalent classes you'll see now. Murloc Knight made mid-range paladin that much stronger. Dragon Priest is actually a thing and Shaman aren't garbage anymore.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom