Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

UglyBastard

Arcane
A new iteration of my Pally deck from the last page:

11V54sj.jpg

+ Tirion and Ysera

I thought about Phage's commentary on Thaurissan and decided to remove him, it's right that Thaurissan is not really important for the deck.
Enter the Coliseum didn't make the cut either, my initial impression was pretty good but against the control heavy meta it's not that great and the deck has enough clear already. I had it sit in my hand with no good opportunity to play it most of the time.
I also removed one Refreshment Vendor, they are great against Hunter and other face aggro decks but it turned out that there were better alternatives.

I added two Murloc Knights and a Guardian of Kings for extra durability.

The token generation is insanely strong. It's so powerful against Control Warrior and Priest, I consider Justicar a keep in the opening hand vs. those decks. It really proved to be excellent, just not in the decks I thought it would be most valuable. And Murloc Knight! That card is ridiculous, it steals games left and right. A 4 mana win condition, especially with the upgraded hero power.

I decisively won all my games against CW and Priest and sweeped the Pala mirror because I had all the same good stuff but more boardclear and power plays. Against aggro it's more tricky, you really need a decent counterdraw but there is a lot of longevity in the deck. I also played against a surprising amount of Freeze mages but those games went very bad. I'm basically a sitting duck because I can't apply enough pressure to bring them down before they draw their deck.
I won my Patron games but mostly because my opponents misplayed because they underestimated the amount of heal I have and went for chip damage with Patrons instead of saving everything for OTK.

I think this kind of deck is the strongest counter to control decks in the game atm but it's a bit inconsistent against aggro and very vulnerable to powerful combo decks because it usually doesn't kill fast enough to disrupt their game. It's also lots of fun to play.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It's not the concept of this Tavern Brawl that's horrible it's the mana curve of the decks. I started a game as druid... got Aviana and Kel'Thuzad in my opening hand. Mulligan and end up with Ysera and Malygos? Four fucking cards over 9 mana... the other was that 6 mana joust card. There has to be some kind of randomization seed that takes the curve into account.

hivemind

t has been reported multiple times that the Euro server is, apparently, the easiest.
sorry men but this just can't be true
else my losses are legitimate and could have been avoided by better play

It is obvious that all you yanks and asians just can't even begin to comprehend the complexities of the Euro server.

UglyBastard

Arcane
Wow, how unfun can this game be?

I have literally the most cancerous quests of all, "Win 5 Tavern Brawls". Unfortunately, it is 60 gold so no real tryhard can bring himself roll it away.

And so I sit here with my hand, that consists of Mogor's Champion, Alarm-O-Bot, Bestial Wrath and Deathwing.
Fuck this retarded piece of shit game that forces me to endure this kind of bullshit.
Behead all developers in favor of the 5 Brawl quest!

:negative:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Oh man, I dusted a golden Buccaneer and now it's going to get nerfed. That 400 dust value!

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Was winning against a paladin untill he played a murloc knight on turn 6 and got 2 of them. This is beyond cancer.

edit: in arena

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Yeah he got Old murk eye the next turn, fun times.

edit: Lmao murloc knight is a common.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Tragedy is I think I had a golden one and DE'd thinking it would never get nerfed... MUH 400 dust!

hivemind

Rate these paladin arena 4 drops from best to worst.

Murlock Knight, Truesilver, Kings, Consecrate

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Just got Justicar Trueheart in arena as paladin with murloc knights ROFL. I basically hero power'd opponent to death.

Andhaira

Arcane
I really don't understand why every hand has so many high powered cards in this brawl. Were they brain dead when they made this?

Still I got the chance to try out Varian. Sweet card, drew 1 undertaker, 1 inner rage and 1 leeeeeroy jenkins.

Opponent lost. :smug:

Last edited:

Mystary!

Arcane
I really don't understand why every hand has so many high powered cards in this brawl. Were they brain dead when they made this?

Still I got the chance to try out Varian. Sweet card, drew 1 undertaker, 1 inner rage and 1 leeeeeroy jenkins.

Opponent lost. :smug

Perhaps thats exactly why, they only wanted to give people a chance to try out the new cards, like Varian and stuff? (so they would buy moar packs!)

Andhaira

Arcane
3 moar days until we open our ranked chests and get our golden goodies.

Anyhow, I don't see much of a difference in Shaman's now, and I have faced Shamans who use Mistcaller up in rank 7. Yes the totem golems are strong, as is the minion that summons a random totem. But usually you can stabilize and pound their minions and then beat them. You don't want Shaman to get a large board, which with the new minions they have a better chance of doing, so they can bloodlust you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom