Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

sser

Arcane
Developer
Opened a Mistcaller. Yay, I guess.

So that's about 1 Legendary in 8 TGT 100g packs. Not bad.

Andhaira

Arcane
Ok got nice pull today. Golden Polymorph and Mysterious Challenger.

This is the second Challenger I have pulled from TGT packs; I am telling you Blizzard is tampering with the random seed. The coincidence is wayyy too high for me, a Paladin player, to draw two Pally epics in 21 packs out of a total of 4 epics drawn from these same packs. I think the cards you pull have a greater chance to be from the class(es) you play most and also sometimes to increase the presence of certain deck types in ranked (secret paladin in this case)

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I am telling you Blizzard is tampering with the random seed. The coincidence is wayyy too high for me, a Paladin player, to draw two Pally epics in 21 packs out of a total of 4 epics drawn from these same packs. I think the cards you pull have a greater chance to be from the class(es) you play most and also sometimes to increase the presence of certain deck types in ranked (secret paladin in this case)

:lol:

Can't tell if high-tier trolling or inability to grasp basic statistics concepts.

Due to this ambiguity, I salute you :salute:

sser

Arcane
Developer
He might be on to something because my friend got like six straight Ball of Spiders when we opened our first packs. I also got a ton of duplicates that day, too. Dunno about now, though.

Mystary!

Arcane
All I ever wanted was a dreadsteed, and now, 15 packs later, I got one. Surely this is no coincidence.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Last two packs I opened had a total of four snobolds in them. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

Andhaira

Arcane
MEN you are still stuck in the physical card game mentality. It would be extremely easy for Blizzard to set the random seeds to whatever they want for whatever they want. You don't actually think they would announce it when they do so do you?? Already Unstable Portal's chance to pull legendaries has gone down, not only that but the frequency with which it pulls cards from your opponents class is way too high to be coincidental.

Anyway, just crafted my Malygos!! Had to dust nearly all my golden cards to do it though, including a very pretty Mech Bear Cat. :( I know it's not a very good card but it looked really sweet in gold. Also dusted my golden Explosive Sheep. :( :(

Anyway it's fun trolling people in casual with Maly Druid & double Moonfire comboz :lol:

Will make a serious Mage deck with it soonish and dominate the meta. Now to save up for Rhonin and Thalnos for the ultimate combo!

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
MEN. MEN!!!

I opened a TGT pack... and all of the cards in it were... FROM TGT!!!!!!!!!!!

COINCIDENCE? I THINK NOT!!!!

Grubba

Arcane
So MEN, any guesses for what's coming in December? Last year we had GvG, but this year they moved the expansions back to earlier...

...Apart from that I don't really see a new adventure, though I could be wrong. What else could they do content wise? Another game mode?

Here's when new content has been released in the past:

3/11/14 - Hearthstone released
7/22/14 - Curse of Naxxramas adventure
12/8/14 - Goblins vs Gnomes expansion
4/2/15 - Blackrock Mountain adventure
8/24/15 - The Grand Tournament expansion

Signs point to a new adventure coming out in December or early January. I'm already starting to save up dat gold.

Andhaira

Arcane
Someone on the HS official forums with too much free time made a Death Knight class concept with a bunch of cards. It's a fan creation, but not too shabby.

http://imgur.com/a/wpnkG

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/18704976581

It does make me kind of wonder if we could see a new class sometime soon and if so, how would they handle it? Would they add it's non soulbound class cards retroactively added to existing packs including Classic, GVG and TGT, or make a new expansion/adventure just for the new class(es)? I don't know much about the gay Warcraft lore, despite having played Warcraft 1 back in the day, but I think the Deathknight Arthas is a fallen Paladin. So they could make it happen via an adventure, which would contain only the cards for the new class(es)

Grubba

Arcane
People have been speculating about Death Knight and Monk for a while now but I think Blizz pretty much shot that down. Saying something like they have "no plans" to add them.

Andhaira

Arcane
Free pack tonight!

Praying for a golden Thalnos.

What are you hoping to pull Metro?

Last edited:

Mystary!

Arcane
Gay brawl. I got the dream, voidcaller double deathrattle into two doomguards, enemy plays Sylvanas and manages to steals both, despite me flooding the board with imps and haunted creepers.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
Opponent drops Stallag, I kill it and drop my Feugen. Opponent insta concede.

That was funny men

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
guys is spending money on this basically needed? I tried to play a little but dont have enpugh gold for arena and cant play the dungeons for new cards. Or should I play ranked untill I have money for dungeons etc?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
put together this ezwin brawler
cvTBTTu.jpg

Explorerbc

Arcane
guys is spending money on this basically needed? I tried to play a little but dont have enpugh gold for arena and cant play the dungeons for new cards. Or should I play ranked untill I have money for dungeons etc?

Well, if you want to play good decks you need cards. There are 3 types of packs and 2 adventures. So yeah if you started now, good luck grinding to get them for free. If you are good and play everyday for a few hours maybe in a year with some luck you will have an ok-ish collection.

Of course you can still play casually at low ranks with your own decks with the few cards you get. Look for beginner's guides about crafting and purchasing stuff.

On other news my trusty Mid-range hunter carried me easily to rank 5 compared to all the other crap I tried. So far the meta is still boring, I think I'll start doing arenas again instead of opening TGT packs, since I can't seem to find a new interesting deck to play :negative:

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Gotta love playing brawl against people who don't use the brawl's mechanic D:

Edit: seriously, 5 wins in a row, saw like 5 enemy deathrattles in total.

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Got my one win against a Priest who:

- Cast Smite on my face.
- Dropped a Worgen and then buffed it's health.
- Cast Mind Blast.

He died before turn 6.

I get that some people might not have Naxx or whatever but... yeah... it's like they don't even read the mechanics.

Andhaira

Arcane
Got my one win against a Priest who:

- Cast Smite on my face.
- Dropped a Worgen and then buffed it's health.
- Cast Mind Blast.

He died before turn 6.

I get that some people might not have Naxx or whatever but... yeah... it's like they don't even read the mechanics.

What did you pull from your pack?

I got shit. 20 dust and a pint sized summoner.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Dust, as always. There are very few Classic cards I'm missing at this point aside from legendaries. Most notably:

- Ancient of Lore
- Force of Nature
- Twilight Drake

Main reason why I can't really play any Druid deck or Handlock.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom