Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I usually don't bother with ranked this early in the month but was bored and did brainless face hunter. Have gotten to rank 12 in two days with zero effort.

Mystary!

Arcane
^Played against that twice. It seems a little counter productive because what ends up happening is the ambushes get discarded due to all the overdraw.

Andhaira

Arcane
So just pulled my first TGT legendary; Confessor Paletress. And I never play priest, except right before buying the pack I did my daily quest with Priest. (it was priest or warlock)

I am telling you the seed is rigged.

Anyhow, I am fooling around with her, she can be fun. But I don't play priest, should I keep for using in daily quests or should I get my 400 dust?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Wouldn't dust it. It's not a bad card just not one worth crafting. Since he pulled it you might as well have fun with it. 400 dust isn't that much at all. Of course, I don't bother crafting anything other then legendaries.

Grubba

Arcane
Anyone else losing interest in this game? I've played for about a year now and you'd think a brand new expansion would have me pumped...but no. I'm pretty bored with this. Even with all the new cards...it's still basically the same game. They really REALLY need to add a tournament mode.

Explorerbc

Arcane
Well yeah, the meta is almost the same nowdays as it was before TGT.

The problem is that unless each expansion introduces some new form of powercreep, it's gonna be more and more difficult to change the meta the more cards that are available.

TGT didn't add many OP cards, so the decks remain largely unchanged. Inspire and Jousting are not used in competitive decks and aggro is still dominant despite TGT being focused more on control. Overall so far it feels like a dissapointment.

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I have really enjoyed playing this Mill Rogue deck:

Hearthstone%20Screenshot%2009-15-15%2018.07.22_zps28qzbfqn.png

Playing a Mill deck requires quite a lot of thinking - often you have only bad to mediocre solutions for the problems you face and picking the option that is going to help you most in the long run is crucial. Beneath the Grounds is amazing if you play it late in the game, especially when the enemy is out of cards, since he will draw all three Nerubians in one turn and still also takes fatigue damage.

One thing I've learned is that you can't rely only on Coldlight Oracles and Azure Drakes for card draw - I lost many games due to not having any card draw early game and being stuck with a bunch of utility cards. Loot Hoarder seems like a perfect match for the deck - it serves as an early game drop and also gives you that important early game card draw.

Recently I added 1 Tinker's Sharpsword Oil for more burst potential, now I actually win some games even without drawing Coldlight Oracles. I wish I had Bloodmage Thalnos since it would make the deck much better.

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Since I only play a few hours a week I don't get bored. Not surprising the decks are still the same with one or two new additions (mostly for the worst). As most predicted only about 20-30% of the new cards see consistent play. Trueheart is the only legendary you'll see more often than not. Rhonin probably comes in second with the Valkyre twins third/fourth. I've only seen Chillmaw twice and Dragon Priest is the only deck worth putting it in... and it's not a particularly good deck. Only win condition is to outlast your opponent.

'Useful' TGT cards I still need:

- Mulch x 1 (yes, at least one, Phage )
- Ram Wrangler x 1 (for laughs)
- Enter the Colosseum x 1(although I don't see it being used at all)
- Second Tuskarr Jouster

And... wow... that's it. Will still keep getting TGT packs as the odds of me opening the few Classic/GvG cards I need are very slim.

Last edited:

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Rhonin is trash lol. 8 mana war golem whose upside requires him to die.

Literally old mech mage with no additions is the strongest mage deck right now. Patron warrior is still the strongest deck. THE TGT EXPERIMENT WAS A FAILURE. PROPHET PHAGE ALWAYS WINS.

The cards that ended up being good were revealed randomly at the end and I didnt even get to comment on them really (mysterious challenger and murloc knight)

I've barely played at all the past couple of weeks, operation UncleSam is stalling pretty hard too since I have no motivation to waste time building up a new account.

Bleh.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
He's not amazing but he's still better than most other TGT legendaries. I was commenting on the ones I've seen the most either on my own or in the videos I watch.

hivemind

operation UncleSam is stalling pretty hard too since I have no motivation to waste time building up a new account.
no point in even trying anymore
I was watching some Kripp stuff and he downright said that he thinks EU is easier from his experience
:negative:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Of course EU is easier. All of the top players play on NA. Even the European and Asian ones.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Also sitting on almost 6k dust. Going to break down soon and start crafting some missing key Classic legendaries like Tirion and Antonidas since TGT was a bust.

Andhaira

Arcane
Also sitting on almost 6k dust. Going to break down soon and start crafting some missing key Classic legendaries like Tirion and Antonidas since TGT was a bust.

I think you mentioned you play Control Warrior; did you craft Varian yet? It's really good, the only reason it is not seen as much on ladder yet is because it's not needed for Patron Warrior.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I think you mentioned you play Control Warrior; did you craft Varian yet? It's really good, the only reason it is not seen as much on ladder yet is because it's not needed for Patron Warrior.

It's not used in the ladder because it's an extreme lategame card in a game that has never, ever been lategame centric.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It's shit, you noob. It's not seen on ladder because CW doesn't run it.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom