Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

sser

Arcane
Developer
Mang, patrons are being utterly destroyed in the current World Champ, if anyone's watching. Handlocks and Ramp Druids rule the event.

Those seem to be the three decks most everyone is apparently rolling with.

Patron Warrior, then two strong decks that counter Patron.

Explorerbc

Arcane
One guy had only top tier cards, and instead of killing my 1/1 and 6/4 with his 3/3 worgen, he sent the worgen along with a 1/3 into the 6/4 without using windfury.

Next guy's deck was also great, but he decided to let my 3/1 murloc knight live and go face with his 2/1 instead. I was at 20 health.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Pulled another TGT Legendary...

...best one in the set...

Skycap'n_Kragg%2822260%29.png

Anyway, I guess I've had a higher than average ratio of legendaries from TGT packs. Opened 60-70(?) and pulled 6 so far... granted most of them are terrible:

Kragg
Bolf Ramshield
The Dynamic Duo of Acidmaw and Dreadscale
Gormok (only semi-decent one)
Aviana

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
My day with Tempo Mage.

Went against 3 Hunters in a row, got destroyed -> teched up with 2 Healbots -> went against 6 heavy controls in a row (Dragon Priests, CWs, Handlocks), my 2 Healbots being complete waste of slots -> removed the Healbots, put my Tony and Thaurissan back -> went against a Hunter and two Mech Mages.

:negative:

PS - Still waiting to win a match against a Face Hunter...

Andhaira

Arcane
PS - Still waiting to win a match against a Face Hunter...

Didn't I tell you craft 2 Ice Barriers?

Just trust me on this. Ice B. are superior to Healbots against aggro decks, because you can play them at turn 3 or turn 2 + coin, rather than turn 5. Also try to combo them with Kirin Tor, that way you have a powerful minion on board on turn 3 AND a free ice barrier active.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Didn't I tell you craft 2 Ice Barriers?

Just trust me on this. Ice B. are superior to Healbots against aggro decks, because you can play them at turn 3 or turn 2 + coin, rather than turn 5. Also try to combo them with Kirin Tor, that way you have a powerful minion on board on turn 3 AND a free ice barrier active.

Nobody is using Ice Barrier. I watched and read quite a few guides, not a single one works with that card.

Tbh no Tempo Mage pro-deck has the Healbots either. AND almost no taunts (one Mirror Entity at best). I don't get it. I watched a few videos and it seems those guys just accept they're gonna lose against hunter (and they do). They don't build their decks with aggro in mind as if it just wasn't worthwile, since Face Hunters are too rare in the highest ranks (maybe because they're crushed by Handlocks and Warriors?).

Maybe that's why Hunters are so reviled - because you just have to accept you're gonna lose to them unless you get lucky with a perfect hand.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
The thing is, Tempo Mage is going to be the aggro decks in the vast majority of the match-ups, that's why it doesn't have the weapons to deal with even faster decks like Face Hunter. You're just gonna have to accept those losses as part of the game and move on.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The thing is, Tempo Mage is going to be the aggro decks in the vast majority of the match-ups, that's why it doesn't have the weapons to deal with even faster decks like Face Hunter. You're just gonna have to accept those losses as part of the game and move on.

Problem is this approach can work on Legend but not on low ranks where I roam (20-10). Up top there simply aren't any aggros because they can't deal with pro control decks. But the lower ranks are swarmed with Zoos, Face Hunters and Mech Mages.

I don't see any other way than to dust my golden Brawl, craft a brain dead Hunter deck and just go with that. Damn.

Mystary!

Arcane
That video is like 5 months old? Check out Competitive Heartstone for more up to date material.
Here's a "free to play" mech mage:
https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveHS/comments/3nziba/mech_mage_to_top_50_legend_free_to_play/
Allthou it doesn't seem to faced a lot of hunters.

But part of the "skill" in hearthstone is adapting to the meta, and the rank you're at. Play whatever beats what you're currently facing the most.
That is the only thing you need to worry about, beat that and your winrate will be positive even if you lose to everything else.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Nobody is using Ice Barrier. I watched and read quite a few guides, not a single one works with that card.

Tbh no Tempo Mage pro-deck has the Healbots either. AND almost no taunts (one Mirror Entity at best). I don't get it. I watched a few videos and it seems those guys just accept they're gonna lose against hunter (and they do). They don't build their decks with aggro in mind as if it just wasn't worthwile, since Face Hunters are too rare in the highest ranks (maybe because they're crushed by Handlocks and Warriors?).

Maybe that's why Hunters are so reviled - because you just have to accept you're gonna lose to them unless you get lucky with a perfect hand.
Tempo mages have Flamewakers. That's why most of the decks have trashy spells like Arcane Missiles and Mirror Image -- it procs two random damage which can clear shitty Face Hunter minions some of the time. Unless you went ahead and bought into the fourth or so wing of BRM you can't really make a current Tempo Mage deck.

As far as rank climbing... who cares? Why dust a good card (Brawl) just to climb the ladder? You're a long ways a way from getting most of the solid cards so dusting one (that you'll eventually want) just to get to Rank 5 and pick up the 400 dust you've expended in the first place is pointless.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
That feeling when Arena offers you Warrior - Warlock - Shaman. :negative:
Still, 3-3 with Shaman, not too bad.

Picked Acidic Ooze and Blood Knight to prepare for inevitable Paladins. Faced 3 Paladins, 3 losses. None of them had a single weapon. Only 2 shielded minions across all three of them :D

Bitching time. Paladins are just too good. The way they stand out esp. in Arena is absurd. It's like racing a Ferrari in a Mazda, your only hope is the driver is a retard and crashes into a tree.

Somebody should tell Blizzard and I'm sure they'll do something about it.

:prosper:

Grinolf

Arcane
There always would be someone on the top of the food chain and it's hard to do something about it. Before TGT it were mages with bunch of Flamestrikes and Fireball and everyone complained about them for one and half years. Now it's paladins. Then it would be someone else.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Just pick lock.

A guide told me Shaman and Warlock are about the same. Picked Shaman since I have zero experience with locks.

My thinking was arena is all about minions, plus not too much board clearing and Shamans are all about spewing minions and buffing them. And it kindda worked, it wasn't a bad run. Problem is if you don't get the Flame Totem and few other key buffs it's not so hot. Plus dem Paladin bitches all had Equality/Consecrate.

Meh, next time.

Grinolf

Arcane
A guide told me Shaman and Warlock are about the same. Picked Shaman since I have zero experience with locks.

It's pre TGT, which means outdated to some extent. Shamans are worse now, because Paladins became stronger.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
Warlock's good, definitely better than shaman. Mostly thanks to the hero power, and some top tiers class minions/spells (Imp gang boss, Wrathguard, Flame imp, implosion...etc). It's a class that lends itself well to the tempo/aggro style of the arena. Whenever I play warlock, I always end up drafting zoo decks with lots and lots of early game.

UglyBastard

Arcane
Arena is very different now, because card choices are heavily weighted towards TGT cards, which leaves the classes with the best TGT commons significantly boosted.

On the other hand, Warrior got even worse because they get multiple Bolsters in each run (TGT/class card/common receives an extreme boost in appearances).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom