Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Amusingly ADWCTA started talking about Marxist exploitation, while working in finance.
:russia:

I've only seen about 10 minutes of aFASFASADTW stream/youtube/whatever. I can see why people might think he's douchey because he's somewhat short/abrupt and not as long-winded as Trump. Kripp CAN be douchey/arrogant at times but most of the time he's fine.

Grubba

Arcane
What? You really have a weird way of assessing people. First Kripparian now this.

I didn't know Kripparian's backstory and I was confused about his status within the HS community, so I asked someone to explain. I don't give a fuck about WoW or other Blizzard games so I had no idea. Someone did explain and now I know.

How else am I supposed to assess ADWCTA other than what I've seen from him? The time I watched his stream he came across as very arrogant and full of himself, like he was some kind of guru on the mountaintop and his twitch audience were his adoring disciples who came to learn at his feet. I've never gotten those vibes from other streamers, even those with MUCH MUCH bigger fanbases than his. I guess the HearthArena success had already gone to his head. And now he has a baby crisis on reddit that massively backfired on him. So taking these things into account, it's "weird" that I think he's a douchebag? Hmm..ok then

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
^ Brofisted.... but you're still a fag-mo for wanting more adventures.

Grubba

Arcane
^ Brofisted.... but you're still a fag-mo for wanting more adventures.

Hah, you're still thinking that I intend to use real $$$. Nope, it's gold from LoE on out. I feel like an idiot for buying the Grand Tournament pre-order so I have no real strong desire to spend cash on this game right now (although the side benefit of that purchase is I now have a shit ton of dust, so I have that going for me, which is nice). They really do need to tinker with the established release schedule though. It's resulted in a game that's gotten stale and monotonous. Smaller but more frequent content releases could spice things up.

I've become more of an observer of this game lately rather than a player, honestly. BRM and TGT sucked and statements from the design team don't give me a lot of confidence that this project is being piloted by the best people. I'm willing to watch and wait, though. I played Magic back in the day when Fallen Empires and Homelands came out and those sets were pretty terrible but Magic moved on to bigger and better things afterwards, so hopefully that's the same case here as well.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Still wasting like 2800 gold if you buy the whole thing. That's basically ~$20 of packs/arena.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I don't mind so much since I suck at Arena and have around 90% of the current cards with tons of dust. My hope is that even Blizzard isn't greedy enough to push another full expansion until Feb/March. New players, though, are utterly fucked unless they start forking over the cash.

Andhaira

Arcane
I seriously doubt there will be another expansion or adventure until next year. What they might do by this years end is release remaining skins, and maybe deckslots. Deck slots are sorely needed by now.

We also got some new quotes for heroes and main title screen. And two gameboards. For free.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
DEY GOT DE INNKEEPER TO REKORDZ A WHOLE NEW LINE OF DIALOGUE FOR FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

FeelTheRads

Arcane
So taking these things into account, it's "weird" that I think he's a douchebag? Hmm..ok then

OK, dunno, to me that's part of why I find it fun to watch him. I mean he's not serious about that and they always makes self-deprecating jokes about how they play.
Whatever, one of us must be an aspie who doesn't understand people. Or both of us, it's the codex after all.

It's me, I haven't played the game in like two weeks but still post retarded shit about it

Last edited:

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Meanwhile, Reno Jackson is so strong that it wins at absolute highest legend :smug:

http://imgur.com/a/cGFbD#jaZIjDC (deck peaked at Legend 25)

Tons of people trying to brew other Reno Jackson control decks.

How will the cult of UglyBastard recover from this blow?

RISE OF VICTOR VON PHAGENSTEIN IS EMINENT!

FeelTheRads

Arcane
By the way, as I understand it it's not necessary to have just 1 of each card from the start of the game, it only matters what cards you have left in the deck at the moment you play Reno.
So in theory you could have a couple of 2-ofs and as long as you play at least 1 of each before Reno, it will work.

Last edited:

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
By the way, as I understand it it's not necessary to have just 1 of each card from the start of the game, it only matters what cards you have left in the deck at the moment you play Reno.
So in theory you could have a couple of 2-ofs and as long as you play at least 1 of each before Reno it will work.

Yup. That's a big thing people are experimenting with: is there a way to consistently thin your deck out for the long, grindy matches where a 20 point heal automatically wins.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Scarlet Purifier? What?

Sure, why not? The deck is restricting itself to singleton. A 4/3 for 3 is fine stats wise, and there are lots of early game deathrattle minions run. Dropping that down and blowing up a leper gnome, clockwork gnome, mad scientist, webspinner, loot hoarder, or creeper is great. There are also plenty of times you can finish off a chow, void caller, shredder, belcher, aspirant, highmane, mech yeti, etc. etc.

It's a much more solid card than plebs can imagine; its biggest problem is Aldor Peacekeeper, Muster and Coghammer exist, but in a singleton deck, you can only run 1 of each.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I suppose, although I'd probably just throw in another shielded minibot or peacekeeper. Odds are you'll get at least one of those in your opening hand/early draws before Reno.

hivemind

Sure, why not? The deck is restricting itself to singleton. A 4/3 for 3 is fine stats wise, and there are lots of early game deathrattle minions run. Dropping that down and blowing up a leper gnome, clockwork gnome, mad scientist, webspinner, loot hoarder, or creeper is great. There are also plenty of times you can finish off a chow, void caller, shredder, belcher, aspirant, highmane, mech yeti, etc. etc.

It's a much more solid card than plebs can imagine; its biggest problem is Aldor Peacekeeper, Muster and Coghammer exist, but in a singleton deck, you can only run 1 of each.
It gets punished hard by Anub'Arak tho

UglyBastard

Arcane
Meanwhile, Reno Jackson is so strong that it wins at absolute highest legend :smug:

http://imgur.com/a/cGFbD#jaZIjDC (deck peaked at Legend 25)

Tons of people trying to brew other Reno Jackson control decks.

How will the cult of UglyBastard recover from this blow?

RISE OF VICTOR VON PHAGENSTEIN IS EMINENT!

I have to admit that I underestimated highlander decks. Reno is definitely not shit.
A deck with Reno Jackson getting a decent rank is not proof that he is here to stay though and you know that.

I will concede the point to you once a Reno Jackson deck makes top 4 in a tournament with a sizeable prize pool. His viability will be proven when actual money is on the line.

hivemind

Reno killed aggro.

Especially in arena where it's really easy to not get more than 1 copy of each card.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom