Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

hivemind

Do arena warrior lives actually matter now because of the monkey and bolster not showing up in every draft a million times ?

Andhaira

Arcane
So this whore does Jaina's voice. Apparently she also did Jaina's voice in WoW where Jaina is supposedly an important npc.

_lymLV4E.jpg

She was chubbier in older pictures, guess she worked out and lost the weight.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Adventure comes out, out of my 50+ Bnet friends across both accounts, literally
LITERALLY
only ONE
PERSON
is on hearthstone ONE

(And it's Andhaira )

GAME IS FUCKED

Andhaira

Arcane
Finished 1st wing + class challenges (warrior + warlock) Last boss was actually really fun (aka not as ghey as the others), not exactly a boss but an escape run over 10 turns with choices every turn.

Gonna do Heroic mode tomorrow. :smug:

First battle after went up against Face Huntard; I had included Reno in my Warlock deck to try it out. Never got to play it, Face Huntard won. Though the discover mechanic cards are quite stronk; the Warlock only (Dark Watcher or something) is ok, but the other, Jewled Scarab is a neutral and it is quite strong. I think it will see play in the meta.

Also, the seed is rigged. Most of my discover choices in casual were related to the class I was playing (warlock).

Phage :lol: I got the wing with gold breh.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
Trump, Amaz...etc playing Hearthstone to save the world, I'd fucking watch that anime let me tell you.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
So should I buy this shit or not? Some of the stuff in the second wing might be good. Still don't have 4/5ths of BRM but so far I've been able to live without those cards. It'll also see a cash sale sooner than this one.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Meh, bought it. Normal mode so far is hilariously easy. Playing a standard mid-range paladin. 'Discovered' Lorewalker Cho on the first boss and milled him. Not that you could lose, anyway, since the worst thing he can do is cause you to burn cards. His hero power is to give you free discover cards. Second boss I beat in six turns. Last 'boss' is temple escape. Neat idea, but not particularly hard. I guess the heroic modes will be OPOPOP

Last edited:

Explorerbc

Arcane
So should I buy this shit or not? Some of the stuff in the second wing might be good. Still don't have 4/5ths of BRM but so far I've been able to live without those cards. It'll also see a cash sale sooner than this one.

You know it's too early to judge that.

People have already started experimenting with a few decks, most notably ones with djinn Andhaira in them. And trump made a deck with Reno and only 1 of each card.

The future will tell. I get all adventures anyway to have them in my collection, it's not like I need to open any packs until the next expansion.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
WHAT HAVE I DONE I'VE MADE A HUGE MISTAKE MUH GOLD MUH GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD. I'll probably wait and see for the rest... well... probably buy the second. The 3/4 rogue card with 'take a friendly deathrattle' is very solid but requires a slower paced rogue deck to be viable.

If they release a fucking expansion with 130+ new cards at Christmas I know I'm done with this game.

Edit: One shot the class challenges. They are extremely lazy and don't have a trick/gimmick like previous class challenges. The warrior one crams taunt minions and bolster down your throat. The warlock one self-damaging stuff that you're presumably immune if you have the idol.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
If they release a fucking expansion with 130+ new cards at Christmas I know I'm done with this game.

As was said by many they have to make some significant changes to the ladder since dat current 700-piece card pool is just an insane obstacle for new players. I've estimated you'd have to vomit like 500 dorra into the game to get all commons and rares, most epics and all playable oranges. And it's gonna get worse and worse.

So unless they wanna just keep milking the old fanbase, WoW style, they have to give the ladder a complete makeover and come up with some modes like in MGT. I don't expect another huge expansion before that's done.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Used priests for the first two heroic versions of the bosses. Temple Escape Heroic seems pretty r-tarded. Probably go warrior and hope to draw early brawls.

Grubba

Arcane

Hah, that's another possible explanation for why LoE came out so fast: more is coming for Xmas/New Years. I wouldn't put it past em but it would be a surprise if it's a big 130 card set. Maybe another adventure, which might not be a bad idea. They really should experiment with more frequent expansions, break up those bigger sets into smaller chunks and release them every two months. It would keep ranked mode more interesting, that's for sure. I'm not so sure that would be newb friendly though and that seems to be an overriding concern of theirs.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
which might not be a bad idea.
It would be a shit idea. Dunno why you're so keen on shelling out hundreds of dollars on awful cards.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom