Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Allah Awkbar!

(Don't know what to say about Hearthstone anymore, so let's go total djinn-like. By the way Andhaira, Salman Rushdie's last book is all about djinns, take a look at it).

Even if I'm no muslim and that I don't care about the Qurran, even childish card games do permit us to talk to each other, across the civilisations.
Long live the video games!
(I'm drunk but that's all right). Peace and love, bros.

Dark underlord is absolutely right, even if the police comes to his house, harassing him for giving a voice to the crazies.
Trannies, sociopaths, autists, all united around their will for a role that would rule all the other roles that society forces down our throats.
We can roll the stats by ourselves, we are free to be dumb, we are the RPG Codex.

And I'm a fucking rockstar, for real, I dine with prime ministers and ukrainian presidents and philosophers, really.
Even if you don't believe in that, it's alright, I don't give a damn.
But know that some of the greatest conversations that I ever had, some of the most clever and intelligent (as in effectively understanding the world) were on this website.

Don't worry, men.

BCP is just having a:

Soon he will awaken, and it will be as though he ne'er dreamt it, and all will be back to the shit it should be (especially Hearthstone).

Last edited:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
They then stressed that, while they were looking at it closely, they have raw data proving that there are actually very effective counter decks that are currently undervalued and underplayed, and it’s up to the player base to discover them.

lol yeah, I bet there are dozens of those decks for each class.

Blizzard logic: To counter one retarded card, everybody should play some dumb deck that loses against everything else.

:hearnoevil:

Zeriel

Arcane
lol yeah, I bet there are dozens of those decks for each class.

Blizzard logic: To counter one retarded card, everybody should play some dumb deck that loses against everything else.

:hearnoevil:

It's almost like game designers suck at playing their own games.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
They then stressed that, while they were looking at it closely, they have raw data proving that there are actually very effective counter decks that are currently undervalued and underplayed, and it’s up to the player base to discover them.

Fucking breathtaking.

Grubba

Arcane

I'm not gonna watch that but can someone please explain this guy's popularity? Did he have an audience from before HS that followed him over? I can't figure out why this guy is regarded as one of the big "celebs" of the HS scene when he barely does anything other than make youtube videos. He's not a well known ladder player, he doesn't play in tournaments, he barely streams and when he does it's arena. I've seen him working tournaments as a color commentator alongside more experienced players and he regularly exposes himself as being a bit out of his depth. So why is he popular? Is it because he's a "nice guy" and everyone is giving him an A-for-effort? He's basically the lovable retard of the HS community?

Zeriel

Arcane
I'm not gonna watch that but can someone please explain this guy's popularity? Did he have an audience from before HS that followed him over? I can't figure out why this guy is regarded as one of the big "celebs" of the HS scene when he barely does anything other than make youtube videos. He's not a well known ladder player, he doesn't play in tournaments, he barely streams and when he does it's arena. I've seen him working tournaments as a color commentator alongside more experienced players and he regularly exposes himself as being a bit out of his depth. So why is he popular? Is it because he's a "nice guy" and everyone is giving him an A-for-effort because of all his youtube videos?

:^)

UglyBastard

Arcane
I'm not gonna watch that but can someone please explain this guy's popularity? Did he have an audience from before HS that followed him over? I can't figure out why this guy is regarded as one of the big "celebs" of the HS scene when he barely does anything other than make youtube videos. He's not a well known ladder player, he doesn't play in tournaments, he barely streams and when he does it's arena. I've seen him working tournaments as a color commentator alongside more experienced players and he regularly exposes himself as being a bit out of his depth. So why is he popular? Is it because he's a "nice guy" and everyone is giving him an A-for-effort? He's basically the lovable retard of the HS community?

Kripp was popular before Hearthstone, he started out in WoW, being a member of some top guild and achieving some WoW stuff (dunno about that). He then switched to Diablo 3 and was the first and only player (together with his mate) who managed to defeat Diablo on Hardcore Inferno before a huge patch that made the game significantly easier hit the servers, it was quite the achievement. After that he played Path of Exile and was one of the top guys there.
He then switched to Hearthstone in early beta and nolifed Arena 24/7 and was one of the better players in that mode, aquiring most of his audience through this. He stopped the nolife 24/7 gaming recently after he got into casting stuff and hosting his own tournament (Challengestone). So he actually has quite the history.

To be honest, I enjoy his casting much more than some other random assholes (e.g. Whirtun and almost every commentator that is not a pro player) and he is quite OK at the game, so I have no idea why you would call him retarded. He is actually one of the few guys that regularly calls out Blizzard on their bullshit.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I don't watch him (or any Hearthstone 'guru') a ton. Used to watch Trump for basics/strategy but he's gotten far too popular for his own good and now puts out shit like this:

sser

Arcane
Developer
Kripp's used to be a no lifer. He earned his stripes, IMO.

I don't watch him (or any Hearthstone 'guru') a ton. Used to watch Trump for basics/strategy but he's gotten far too popular for his own good and now puts out shit like this:

What an ugly dumbfuck. Those autist beta guys accessing to some kind of power are the worst douches you'll ever witness (cf the guy from Mojang).
Hopefully he'll stop behaving like scum when he'll have stabilized his self-image. For the time being, I can't imagine something more vulgar than this stupid moron; even russian new rich oligarchs fucks, who treat people like shit while shoving money down their mouths, have more class.

Andhaira

Arcane
I wonder why this adventure only has 4 wings instead of 5. I think the release faster schedule made it so they couldn't develop more cards fast enough or whatever.

This also probab. means animations won't be complete for some of these cards, if any do have unique animations that is. We do get 2 new boards for free though.

The 'Discover' mechanic is adding more RNG to the game though, and when you add a discover card to your set you are kind of adding 2 cards instead of 1.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
What an ugly dumbfuck. Those autist beta guys accessing to some kind of power are the worst douches you'll ever witness (cf the guy from Mojang).
Hopefully he'll stop behaving like scum when he'll have stabilized his self-image. For the time being, I can't imagine something more vulgar than this stupid moron; even russian new rich oligarchs fucks, who treat people like shit while shoving money down their mouths, have more class.

It's an (incredibly cringey) persona he uses at the behest of his followers. Every time he plays that character, he instantly gets a shitton of paid subscribers and donations. Regular Trump is a much nicer and humbler guy than 99% of streamers. I pretty much always avoid anything involving the 'prison' character though.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Just watch Kolento if you want to l2p, Codex-approved levels of autism and practically no subscriber/donation/streamer bullshit.

hivemind

I had more fun watching forsen than actually playing this sad RNG riddled excuse for a video game.

janior

Arcane
Patron
Watching streamers can be entertaining
but playing is another story.
This game is just 5% skill 95% rng.
>hearthstone
>balanced
better go play real games like chess

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom