Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
so is aggro viable again?
druid aggro more specifically

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
What am I missing, aggro has been dominant for well over a year now. And, yes, people are playing more and more druid aggro.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
so is aggro viable again?
druid aggro more specifically
What am I missing, aggro has been dominant for well over a year now. And, yes, people are playing more and more druid aggro.

Both of these posts are pretty 'wut' honestly.

Aggro hasn't really been DOMINANT considering Patron Warrior was top dog since a couple weeks after BRM. Currently, Secret Paladin is top dog, and that deck's best incarnation has always been (and still is) the midrange version. You just frequently see aggro on the ladder because it's typically cheap to craft, and the games are short.

That said, aggro has ALWAYS been viable, at least for literally the past 1.5 years of this game. Only time aggro wasn't viable was... uh, closed beta, lol. (and it probably was still viable then)

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I don't expect a pleb like you who doesn't own the first wing of this great expansion to understand.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
my bad for being unclear

i don't play that much. I generally play aggro, because i can tell in a few minutes if i'm going to win or lose (generally)
with patron around i basically stopped playing since there was no easy way for me to beat it consistently

my question was? does it make sense to try and grind with an aggro deck, now that patron is dead?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
You mean... faggro. Anyway, what are you 'grinding?' Win your 2-5 games for daily quests then stop. No need to contribute to the decline. I don't care ifyoudonhavetimeforthatcrap the world needs less aggro fags.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
why are you mad, aggro is a thing, and it helps me close the games quickly, either winning fast or conceding fast. it works for me. and the decline is inevitable part of everything in reality, stop trying to fight it

JOIN US

JOIN US

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
would you respect me more if i said that i completed magic: origins collection?
that's what i'm actually playing
level 26 now

i mean that must mean something

Andhaira

Arcane
I gots to admit the new cards are fun. Having a blast with a Reno Jackson Warlock; no one expects the Reno. Discover cards are good and a bit OP as they always give me what I need in that exact turn.

edit: Summoning Stone has a lot of potentia. I've tried adding it to my mage, but only played a few games with it. The high hp does help it survive a turn or two.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Summoning Stone is crap, bro. Five mana to play. So on turn six you can play it and a 1 mana spell, get your shitty minion, and hope your opponent can't kill a 0/6.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
For the past 2 months I've been buying (with gp) 3-4 packs a week, plus brawls, plus beginner booster packs. All in all I must've gotten maybe 50 packs - and only 2 oranges. One of them The Beast. Is this just RNG fucking me in the sphincter or what? Because it's getting a bit tiresome.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
The ratio is supposedly 1 legendary in 20 packs so if you got 50 packs then it seems right.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Slightly lower than average. Eventually you'll hit a lucky streak and get a few in quick succession. As I said before the game is terribly designed for new players unless they're willing to shell out a couple hundred dollars in packs and adventures. They've admitted it isn't sustainable but I doubt they do anything about it for another couple of years. They're still making huge money selling packs and adventures to the casuals who don't think twice about buying $100 worth of packs when an expansion launches.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The ratio is supposedly 1 legendary in 20 packs so if you got 50 packs then it seems right.

1 in 20? Aw shit.

Getting very few epics too though, only 2 in the last 2 weeks, a Mountain Giant and a Patient Assassin. At least the giant is good. Really looking fwd to playing Handlock, if I don't die from old age before I get all the cards.

UglyBastard

Arcane
Not much to look forward to until the meta changes. Handlock is pretty atrocious against all the popular shit right now.

UglyBastard

Arcane
Went into a pack buying frenzy with my pooled gold after the game pissed me off extremely hard with its shittyness.

9x 40 dust.

Seriously, fuck off.

Andhaira

Arcane
Otsaka's winning decks; not a single TGT card in the deck :lol: Only BRM card is Patron x2

QGT0X4QMNCOV1447286458176.png

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It's a big amount of cards... but most are crap. That whole Heartharena shit boils down to this: employee/consultant wanted ownership of something he didn't technically start. Got butthurt he couldn't get it and left. No question ADACTWA added value/fame to Heartharena but... it wasn't his site. It would be like a star NFL player asking for a percentage of team ownership. He should have stuck it out and negotiated some kind of future compensation. Legally he's owed nothing.

Grubba

Arcane
I watched ADWCTAWAwhatever's twitch stream for five minutes one time and he gave off strong douchebag vibes, so I guess him having an entitled baby tantrum on reddit doesn't really surprise me. LOL children's cardgame celebrity. He was talking about HearthArena as if it was his baby and how he has plans for this big gaming advice network...that pretty much all went down the shitter with his attemtped witch hunt. What a dumbfuck.

I never got douchebag vibes off ADWCTA, I think that's something people see in hindsight.

That said, he and MERPS are being retarded. They feel unappreciated and have their feelings hurt which is why they are emotionally lashing out. If they wanted a different deal they should've gotten it in writing.

Amusingly ADWCTA started talking about Marxist exploitation, while working in finance.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
What? You really have a weird way of assessing people. First Kripparian now this.
Yes, him and Merps were actually the important part of Heartharena so it makes sense that they're upset about it.

And I think they're quite fun to watch. Well, ADWCTA, at least, Merps is kinda boring.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom