Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Thats kind of annoying, since it makes it much harder to go infinite on arenas. Actually, given how random the drafts are, it's nearly impossible now. I had a mage draft with no fireballs, polymorphs, flamestrikes or blizzards. How the fuck do you win 9 games with that? Especially since everyone but me seems to get fucking legendaries in every draft.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Drop me an invite guys!
SmartCheetah#2987

Just realized how to actually add friends in this game, lmao.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
So many swords, it's like having Master Yi from LoL. Cairne is one of my favourite legendaries, I think he summons another cairne if he dies? Gold Reward is pretty sweet, can theoretically renew the arena entrance fee for ever.

Fart Master

Savant
Nope. IDK whose dick you have to suck to get one. All my friends have one and they only have one account opted in while I have 3.

J1M

Arcane
So many swords, it's like having Master Yi from LoL. Cairne is one of my favourite legendaries, I think he summons another cairne if he dies? Gold Reward is pretty sweet, can theoretically renew the arena entrance fee for ever.
He is a 4/5 that summons a 4/5 when he dies. Cairne/Baine bloodhoof.

Got my beta key a few days ago and been playing somewhat. I think I've gone 8-3 in arena so far. Not really enjoying it that much. I just find the Hearthstone mechanics too simple and too much reliant on RNG and luck compared to MtG. There is usually very, very little to think, which in emphasized by the aggressive 1 minute (even less?) turn timer.

It could be made a lot better with some changes, but at the same time it would lose what it aims to be. A simple time killer riding on the charm that all the sound effects, graphics, card abilities, etc. are from WoW. EverQuest has Legends of Norrath, World of Warcraft has Hearthstone.

Basically it is a typical Blizzard game. Copy something you like (MtG) and perform brian surgery to it. If your grandmother and your 6 year old can play it, release it to the masses.

TL;DR

It is good for what it is.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
which in emphasized by the aggressive 1 minute (even less?) turn timer.
It's 90 seconds, and it's long enough. People that take so long to take their turn that the countdown starts make me rage.

It is good for what it is.
It is alright, some classes have way too much removal though. Really frustrating to play against mages.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Nozdormu card is pretty nice, cutting the turn time to 15 seconds :D Have fun making a serious choice in late game with that "much" time.

Fart Master

Savant
MTG is a much more complex game.
Hearthstone is the retarded baby brother of MTG that had the umbilical cord wrapped around its neck for a minute too long, and that was dropped on its head immediately after birth four times. I think that much is obvious to anyone who spends 5 minutes watching someone play.

Multi-headed Cow

:kwanzania:

Got a key from a nice dude, gonna play, gonna be great

Multi-headed Cow

Impressions after a few hours, which included unlocking all classes, getting two of them to level 10, and playing various ranked constructed:
south-park-season-12-6-over-logging-randy-finds-the-internet-gross.jpg

Multi-headed Cow

I can't add you unless you give me your numbers. THE NUMBERS, MASON

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Sad thing that all that joy fades away in less than a week, when you realize how vital buying money is, unless you want to endlessly play against the same few decks with the same few cards for hours and hours...

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
add me: Excidium #1664

Sad thing that all that joy fades away in less than a week, when you realize how vital buying money is, unless you want to endlessly play against the same few decks with the same few cards for hours and hours...
I don't know, just vary your classes. I can usually get enough gold to go arena before I get bored with normal queue.

The main problem I see with not having many cards is that with basic cards Mages and Priests counter everyone else, if you're not playing one you're better off just clicking concede.

Multi-headed Cow

Arena. I'm 2-1 with a paladin deck and my dick is hard as hell. Warrior thought he had me with a frothing berserker but I aldor peacekeepered him and had my rough way with him with a questing adventurer gone amok.

Numbers for Daka and Excidiumr
Adding.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I was 4-2 and likely about to win against a hunter but then I got disconnected. RAEG

At least I got some p. good cards, including an epic pirate.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom