Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Zeriel

Arcane
If anything, hype tends to make a game less satsifying, and hence result in consumer backlash beyond the initial buy. As was demonstrated ably with Diablo 3, an alright game with way too much hype and expectations attached to it.

I had a similar experience with Arcanum, way back in the day. Good game, but following it for years had expectations far higher than warranted.

Multi-headed Cow

'cept since this is free to play there won't be an initial buy. Unless someone does something stupid and buys a beta key. So the hype theoretically doesn't benefit Blizzard, or at least not nearly as much as it would with a retail game.

Whatever the case GOD DAMN IT BLIZZARD SEND ME A KEY.

J1M

Arcane
They really should adjust the pricing model somewhat. With the way it is now, even if you were willing to pay to play the game, you wouldn't. $2 per arena is so costly that few would be willing to do that on a regular basis.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Personally, after playing it for some time, I came to the conclusion that it's totally overhyped. Don't get me wrong - it's a damn fine card game. Just...I don't know how people can pay a lot of money for a stupid beta key. This game is going to be free2play anyway...What for? Just to get a headstart? Sigh. If it only was something you gotta play "right now"...

Too bad people ain't selling Bnet accounts. I would probably do that with mine. :keepmyjewgold:

Fart Master

Savant
So how many 'waves' of beta keys have they sent out in the past month? I have 3 battle.net accounts all opted in and I still haven't got a key. Not that I even give a shit about this game anymore.

Multi-headed Cow

Not that I even give a shit about this game anymore.
then key u gief

(after they patched the game and entered "Phase 2" it sounds like they've been sending out new batches of keys every day. supposedly. i never get them and no one i know gets them, but apparently someone does)

J1M

Arcane
Rumor is that they are holding back beta waves at the moment to announce the game going into open beta at Blizzcon.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Rumor is that they are holding back beta waves at the moment to announce the game going into open beta at Blizzcon.
do you know if it is possible to play EU-US?
I want to challenge a codexer with my warlock dick I mean deck

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I added you as well, but I don't see anything... try adding me as well: Felipepepe#1123
done. if you are on US and you don't have me in your list now, I guess you can't play EU-US.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Weird thing is that I'm in the South America servers... guess they bundled all the Americas together, but you can't do shit with EU bros.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
you guys are lucky you can't fight me anyway I would have made you cry tears of blood with my warlock deck

by the way I got a legendary from a 0 wins arena run (attempted a high mana cost deck with shaman :D), but from my 7 wins runs I get jack shit. the legendary was good too: king krush.
194.png

so now I have a legendary in my hunter deck I never play.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom