Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Multi-headed Cow

I'm 4-1 with my loladin at the moment, but then my buddy sidetracked me and I've been playing a few hours with him. THE BEST GAME.

Multi-headed Cow

Welp, arena ended 4-3. Second loss I got roflstomped, but final loss was a heartbreakingly close game against a wizard that topdecked direct damage against me and won. Even more heartbreaking was my arena prize.

0bu7S6w.jpg

:dead:

J1M

Arcane
I was 4-2 and likely about to win against a hunter but then I got disconnected. RAEG

At least I got some p. good cards, including an epic pirate.
That is a nice find. The only way to get the Captain's Parrot card is to collect one of each pirate. (That's the pirate card that will fetch another pirate card from your deck for you for 1 mana) I haven't crafted them yet because the pirate set includes an epic and legendary card.

J1M

Arcane

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Oh, are people shamelessly selling keys in this thread? Got a US one and since Cowbro already has it I have no guilt selling!

Huh, got a key. To sell or not to sell? Is there a chance of getting caught if I sell?

Edit: Tons of people got a key today. Won't bother

Zeriel

Arcane
Wow, this game is so bad compared to Duel of Champions. It really blows my mind, the concentrated awfulness that Blizzard has perfected.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Arena is so unfair it's not even funny. When I play I don't expect a win, it's just more profitable to invest in arena and the rewards it has. If packs cost was say fifty gold, I would never enter arena.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Wow, this game is so bad compared to Duel of Champions. It really blows my mind, the concentrated awfulness that Blizzard has perfected.
You crazy nigga. This is much more fun than DoC.

Arena is so unfair it's not even funny. When I play I don't expect a win, it's just more profitable to invest in arena and the rewards it has. If packs cost was say fifty gold, I would never enter arena.
Or maybe you just suck at deck building. How's it unfair? The cards you get are random like everyone else, half the skill in it is making the best of what you get.

Last edited:

Seeker
In My Safe Space
By not limiting the number of similar cards to two like in normal games, by not limiting the number of legendaries one can get. Just read their Arena subforum, there are lots of people saying the same.
I may not be the best player but it is impossible so many people to be delusional about this. My wins in constructed deck are a proof of this, injustice as I mentioned.

Zeriel

Arcane
You crazy nigga. This is much more fun than DoC.

Or maybe you just suck at deck building. How's it unfair? The cards you get are random like everyone else, half the skill in it is making the best of what you get.

I think DoC is fundamentally a better game barring the existence of stall decks (which admittedly ruin all fun at the competitive level), but the biggest problem with Hearthstone is the monetization. It strangles the rest of the game. Which makes me exaggerate, because it's tragic and sad. Blizzard still knows how to make good games, but their financial people ruin them consistently.

Also, yes, 1451 is right, Arena is drastically different from draft mode in traditional TCGs because it ignores the rules of the game that are setup elsewhere.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
By not limiting the number of similar cards to two like in normal games, by not limiting the number of legendaries one can get. Just read their Arena subforum, there are lots of people saying the same.
I may not be the best player but it is impossible so many people to be delusional about this. My wins in constructed deck are a proof of this, injustice as I mentioned.
Frankly I haven't played many arenas but it never looked like an issue with me. I wouldn't mind better drafting though.

but the biggest problem with Hearthstone is the monetization. It strangles the rest of the game.
How's it any worse than DoC in that respect? I stopped playing precisely because of the monetization.

The arena mode is a bastard child of limited MtG. Combines drafting with sealed deck, with the same no card limitation. There is a reason why the pro players call sealed deck on MtG as "sealed luck". It is totally random and therefore purely a game of chance. Drafting is a different story as you need good knowledge of the card pool and need to read the table. That takes skill. Arena is as luck based as sealed deck, you can end up with 4 arcanite reapers and a gorehowl, or you might end up with nothing. Too bad you cannot have drafting in HS.

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Honestly guys, you should try Faeria, its a MUCH better (and innovative too) TCG.

I have noticed basically everyone ignored my thread about the game, probably because its much less well known.

Oh yes a link: www.faeria.net

The game is OK so far. What puts it far ahead of DoC is that creatures are much more complex - more comes into play abilities, more fancy static abilities, warcries, whatnot.

So far I've had the most success with hunter, but then I have had the game for half a day so :M. I run with the beast-theme of the hunter and win on big dudes, usually ending it with an 8/8 warlord (the thing that gets +1+1 for each friendly creature when he comes into play).

With the current toolset, I pretty much always end up with some version of a weenie deck. I assume this is how it has to be early?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom