Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Helldivers 2

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Just use a SPEAR on it.

rumSaint

Educated
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Yeah the autocannon can destroy the factories in one hit if you get the angle just right. Usually you need to be on a small elevation facing the vent head on. Being too far to the side or not high enough will cause it to ricochet.
You can wait for the doors to open and toss the nade in then, robot might spawn and cockblock it. Some explosive weapons may work this way also

The autocannon is too good for robot missions, it's not even funny:
- you can kill Terminators shooting in the eye
- you can destroy fabricators with one shot
- you can destroy walking factories from below (good luck)
Not to mention all other weakpoint enemies with glowing weakpoint on the back (tanks, terminators, cannons, mortars etc).

It's answer to almost everything. I wonder if you can shoot dropships down with it.

The Decline

Arcane
It's answer to almost everything. I wonder if you can shoot dropships down with it.

You can't, but it is fun to shoot the bots it's carrying.

- you can destroy walking factories from below (good luck)

It's not that bad, you just need to destroy the laser cannons on the underside first, they take about three shots each from the autocannon.

Caim

Arcane
The new swamp maps have these gas spewing outcrops that are harmless if you just walk up to them but if shot explode and create a fire that burns everything that gets within range, very useful against the smaller enemies. When I found a flamethrower near one of these things I had the dumb idea to see if I could set the thing on fire that way.

One full tank of flamethrower fluid later I found out that you could not.

Caim

Arcane
The current major order also has nothing to do with the encroachment upon Super Earth: the lone red chunk on the left is now captured and the rest is all about fighting off several invasions by... the bugs.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
This game is perhaps the fastest and hardest fall from grace I've seen in a MP game
Recently lost 90% of the playerbase, because the devs seem to hate fun
Whole sets of weapons nerfed in an attempt to curb the "meta", not realising the entire reason a "meta" even exists is because only a select few weapons don't suck
A shame, was curious to try out HD2 sometime this year...

Last edited:

ultimanecat

Arcane
I’m still not sure what the role of balance should really be in a game like this, but I can say certainly say that Arrowhead don’t have a clue either. The cycle:

1. Introduce buggy and/or overtuned enemy that dominates gameplay.
2. Players work with limited tools available to figure out how to keep the threat of that enemy at reasonable levels.
3. The most effective tool thus becomes necessary in player loadouts and is over represented.
4. After weeks of this, AHS notices that everybody is using the same shit. They ask the weirdos on the trooncord and nobody else what the deal is.
5. They nerf the tool. Everybody complains for obvious reasons because the gameplay is degenerating even more.
6. They finally fix the enemy. They leave the tool in a state of dysfunction. Useful tools begin to dwindle as 1 or 2 other options are given sidegrades that maybe make them more situational. And then…
7. Return to 1.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
As a PVE game there's no reason to be austistic about balance
Make every weapon powerful enough to be viable, but obviously with distinct quirks and contexts where one outperforms another

Caim

Arcane
With the previous major order the players were given an objective where they had to hand in an X amount of samples to complete the objective.

So there were a bunch of players who hacked the game so they could hand in a fuckload of samples in one go.

n4b23s3e78jd1.png

ultimanecat

Arcane
I’m not an expert and I agree with you. Basically my thoughts:

-Every tool should first and foremost be fun to use. It should have a clear role where it is better than other similar tools in performing that role.
-Some players have fun with tools that require skill and technique. Any tool that requires more skill or technique than another tool with a similar role should be appropriately stronger when used well to make up for that.
-Nerfing should be the last resort only used when gameplay has become degenerate or unfun due to a tool outclassing other tools across multiple roles.

I think AHS’s problems are that multiple tools address similar roles poorly and aren’t very well distinguished (or worse, just plain don’t work), and that deep down they seem to want the game to not be consistently winnable above a certain difficulty. Since they don’t want a winnable game, nerfing stuff is how they choose to address when a weapon becomes over represented.

this game could had been the greatest hit of the decade. retards *willingly* killed it in 3 months. please dear asteroid, come and cleanse this planet.

Caim

Arcane
It's the combo of the sudden PSN account requirement, the 170+ country wide ban (which overlaps with countries you can't create PSN accounts), and the devs' reaction to them shitting the bed is to take extra strength horse laxatives.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
How many ppl did they fire because they relentlessly mocked the playerbase? I remember one PR dude got fired because "leave bad reviews if you're mad lol" and possibly another one that trolled the subreddit "lol balance is fine, nerds."

How hard is it to hire no-retarded PR people. Just imagine the actual devs.

Gerrard

Arcane
The retards crying about nerfs in this game would not survive a single update in Path of Exile, which is also "just a PvE game".

Gerrard

Arcane
Flamethrower was mostly shit, now it's useless.
It could kill chargers in 2-3 seconds due to shitty hitboxes. And then you had retards on reddit coming up with the most inane excuses that it should do that because the flamethrower was used as an anti-tank weapon during WW2.

I don't understand the people who though the flamethrower was well made, because to me it always looked like the typical video game flamethrower with all its issues: an oversized lighter with no range.

Caim

Arcane
New warbond this Thursday.

a8b2f88faced6a8e3ad84bf5df6fc23709683db1.jpg

Sterilizer looks like a green flamethrower, pistol can shoot stims to heal your allies. Note the "pull my finger" emote.

Caim

Arcane
Do gas weapons even work against the robots?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom