Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Helldivers 2

Gerrard

Arcane
Normal troon behavior, enter a space, break the rules, cry about oppression.

aodA1iq.png
UbC8fIi.png
Del0XLs.png

"Nice game you have there, if only you could remove the chuds from the community that would be great"

You can take the Swede out of Sweden...

>some furfag mod
:timetoburn:

Last edited:

Bulo

Scholar
a homophobic furry? this must be how the nazis viewed the imperial japanese

rumSaint

Novice
Normal troon behavior, enter a space, break the rules, cry about oppression.

aodA1iq.png
UbC8fIi.png
Del0XLs.png

"Nice game you have there, if only you could remove the chuds from the community that would be great"

You can take the Swede out of Sweden...

>some furfag mod
:timetoburn:

Did this person joined Discord to talk about game? No. Just to either spin some drama, or talk about pride events in game. Why we need pride capes in game, LMAO. It's good mods are cutting this shit short.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
They had such a good thing going and they had to fuck it up between this shit and Sony shenanigans. Amazing dumpster fire.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
If they added a faggot pride cape, everyone would just kill that person immediately upon landing since the game has friendly fire.

lightbane

Arcane
Were these blatant troon attacks before or after Discord started attacking those who didn't approve of that furry fanart thing?

rumSaint

Novice
Were these blatant troon attacks before or after Discord started attacking those who didn't approve of that furry fanart thing?

They saw furries are being oppressed and that cannot pass. Trans wants to be the ones who are the most oppressed to have reason to cry on Twatter.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
They had such a good thing going and they had to fuck it up between this shit and Sony shenanigans. Amazing dumpster fire.
Der ewige Schwede.

"People" have been trying to get the devs to do pride shit since day 1, only about half of them as a joke.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

Game's repetitive as shit, balance is horrible, and has so many bugs it's almost a self-referencing joke.

It never really had legs tbh.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Game's repetitive as shit,

Tbf that's true of every online game.

Even online PvE games rely heavily on player interactions to keep the game alive and fun. But in Helldivers, you spend 30 minutes of a 40 minute mission split up and essentially soloing a quarter of the map (which was the meta on Difficulty 9 when I played). At most you break off into teams of two.

So most of the game ends up grinding procgen objectives alone. How is this fun? Maybe I should've played a lower difficulty.

Compare this to the actual Starship Troopers game which IMO is way more fun and criminally underrated. Mass infantry charge, flatten the area, hoorah, do you want to live forever apes. Good fun.

Helldivers is a fucking meme game.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Game's repetitive as shit, balance is horrible, and has so many bugs it's almost a self-referencing joke.

It never really had legs tbh.

Well, it seemed pretty successful to me. Which doesn't mean it's a quality game, but i wasn't talking about that anyway. The game had a positive following and decent sales, and they went out of their way to just fuck that up completely. Kinda of amazing to be honest.

The Decline

Arcane
Even online PvE games rely heavily on player interactions to keep the game alive and fun. But in Helldivers, you spend 30 minutes of a 40 minute mission split up and essentially soloing a quarter of the map (which was the meta on Difficulty 9 when I played). At most you break off into teams of two.

So most of the game ends up grinding procgen objectives alone. How is this fun? Maybe I should've played a lower difficulty.

Yeah, that does sound pretty bad. I didn't experience that though, but then again I did play on the lower levels, mostly 7.

Gerrard

Arcane
Game's repetitive as shit,

Tbf that's true of every online game.

Compare this to the actual Starship Troopers game which IMO is way more fun and criminally underrated. Mass infantry charge, flatten the area, hoorah, do you want to live forever apes. Good fun.

Helldivers is a fucking meme game.
You complain about bugs and balance and then bring up the fucking Starship Troopers game which is a dumpster fire (and the fire itself looks like it came straight from Duke Nukem 3D). And it somehow isn't repetitive?
Your opinions on games are a meme.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
You complain about bugs and balance and then bring up the fucking Starship Troopers game which is a dumpster fire (and the fire itself looks like it came straight from Duke Nukem 3D). And it somehow isn't repetitive?
Your opinions on games are a meme.
I said it was more fun, which is a very subjective quantity, as opposed to quantifiably better.

Imo, Helldivers 2 is way buggier than Starship Troopers Extermination, especially seeing how I played the latter at launch, and I played Helldivers at two-three months in or something. And the bugs in Helldiver are game-breaking. I've never been kicked back to matchmaking or had a game been unwinnable because the fucking host left in Extermination.

As for balance, especially the weapons and gear... bro, one is a 4-man lobby and the other one is a 16-man lobby. Balance matters more in one than the other. I get you like the game, but come on.

Also the SONY thing and its discord jannies made me hate this game a lot more when I used to sort of like it.

Caim

Arcane
Hey, did you know it's possible to blow up bot factories without it counting as a destroyed outpost?

Because I sure do now.

:baka:
Did that cause the mission objective to not be completable?
No, it was a side objective. The outposts remained visible on the map as red stars and I didn't get the outpost destroyed message, while bases that did get destroyed properly were removed as usual.

The only thing I can think of I did differently was trying to throw those thermite grenades into the exhausts to blow them up, but instead they stuck to the outside and went off without destroying the building. I also tried shooting the vents with a mix of the explosive rifle and the autocannon (which is free access today) which in one instance ended up destroying the building.

The Decline

Arcane
Yeah the autocannon can destroy the factories in one hit if you get the angle just right. Usually you need to be on a small elevation facing the vent head on. Being too far to the side or not high enough will cause it to ricochet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom