Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Darkest Dungeon-Like Hellslave - Demonic Dungeon Crawling RPG

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1608450/old_view/3225149691054011941
Crafting system preview
To save humanity you'll have to adapt your equipment to each situation. To do this you have 3 choices to get better gear: loot new equipment on the corpses of your foes, buy items from merchants or craft it with legendary crafting recipes you picked up!

2aa907e8fb295bb10be618596493b7b7d11be299.png

Crafting recipe will allow you to craft one of the best gear available at your level but will need crafting materials to do so.

2f67e47ee1231db6dfc69bacba764f7589fb5357.gif

Check out one crafting possibility down below

76a42b0ae9b925a6c637cbc82ed1c6a49b22e9aa.gif

Want to get the latest news from Hellslave? Be sure to follow and wishlist the game!

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1608450/old_view/3225150323255221253
Humanity in Hellslave
During your journey through the apocalyptic landscape of Hellslave you'll have to make do with what you find. Humanity has survived in few numbers and regrouped in small hamlets and towns, that's where you'll get your precious help.

477bb188d4911f6b954e3be0a62e31f43cb19625.gif

From merchant to innkeeper, druid, smith and much more you'll find everything you need in these safe heaven.

And as someone said...

7df2a2e694bb69d38d6e9d2d514350e93f398e89.png

We'll have some important news to share with you in the next few weeks so be sure to follow and wishlist the game!

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I thought we were to destroy hell ... by becoming ... a demon??? Oh that makes no sense.

Hi Satan, I became a demon to destroy you and all of hell?

Oh what a comedian. Joke of the day eh minion? <POOF>

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Seems interesting. Din't watched the entire video above, but I will probably buy and make a Leviathan disciple demonologist.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Okay graphics, generic combat, stupid name and even more stupid premise:

"The world is coming to an end and humanity is on the brink of extinction. Save it from a demon invasion by making a pact with the Devil and praise one of 6 demons to avoid humanity’s demise into darkness. Use your newly acquired demonic power against the invaders but it may have a bigger impact on you than you thought."
I'd rather a game have no description than something this moronic.

Harthwain

Magister
I'd rather a game have no description than something this moronic.
Indeed. With little to no explanation it'd be more interesting to allow the player make his own conclussions regarding whatever happens in the game. And I say this as someone who generally likes a clear introduction in games.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I played this for about one hour and the combat is quite good.
I'd have preferred a third person dungeon exploration and the armor design is quite lame but the active/passive skills makes for interesting builds, some relics and rare items give you some interesting effects (like inflicting great amount of poison to enemies when they hit you or throwing javelins and inflicting bleed when the battle starts)

Interesting rage management, counter, sweep strikes, dodge, free attacks, bleed, poison, leech HP, interesting mechanism done right.

There's also some crafting, not too complex which is perfect for me.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Darth Canoli, how is spellcasting in this game? Lots of boring gear dependency and cooldowns? I only know more about being a leviathan disciple caster before deciding in purchasing or not.

notpl

Arbiter
Darth Canoli, how is spellcasting in this game? Lots of boring gear dependency and cooldowns? I only know more about being a leviathan disciple caster before deciding in purchasing or not.
No cooldowns whatsoever, but the game is quite boring. It could've been a decent framework for a roguelite but it's going for more of a straight rpg with a plot and after reaching the second map I have 0 impetus to continue.

In their defense, $15 is a very reasonable price for it. The art is good.

Last edited:

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1608450/old_view/3337743487129078526

A word from the one-man studio, Ars Goetia
Thanks everyone for playing HellSlave. It's been a week already, and there is a huge amount of feedbacks. Balance, content, powers, don't worry, I heard you very well.

What's the plan so?

Patch 1.1 is around the corner, which means 120+ news items (only blue, yellow and red objects, no crap items!) to balance and offer new build and game style options. I heard you: you're lacking the loot frienzy in HellSlave!
After that I'll continue balancing powers to allow to have a fair and interesting game. Because of some bad design decisions, you were frustrated or didn't felt challenged. It won't be the case anymore. A lot of things will change in a few days, so stay tuned. I'll also add slowly new momentums, I'll also rebalance the older blue, yellow and craft items that were sometimes not interesting enough, to give it a second life.
On the long term, I'll of course add monsters and bosses, and even new game mode. HellSlave has still a long way to go.

Thank you for your support and your patience, dear sinners,

-Ars Goetia

notpl

Arbiter
So in other words: "Thanks for paying for the beta, maybe in six months to a year I'll have the game finished." Glad I pirated as always.

Vilkata

Barely Literate
It's...not great. Love the art, but it's just not very fun to play. It's like mobile game simplistic. Level 3 I already got a spell that can just wipe out most groups of enemies in one click. Maybe it's different with melee classes, but wizard is so OP the game might as well be playing itself.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
It's...not great. Love the art, but it's just not very fun to play. It's like mobile game simplistic. Level 3 I already got a spell that can just wipe out most groups of enemies in one click. Maybe it's different with melee classes, but wizard is so OP the game might as well be playing itself.
How about playing more than the tutorial.

Vilkata

Barely Literate
The tutorial is over after about 5 minutes. This is multiple dungeons in and a few hours beyond that, so how about you not be a snippy little bitch about a game you apparently haven't even actually played?

Late Bloomer

Scholar
The difficulty spikes are all over the place. Grinding isn't really an option. Other than that, it's been a lot of fun. Great artstyle. The music is fantastic as are the sound effects. The builds have been decent enough. Had some interesting fights. I am neutral on the mmo item colors for rarity/quality , but it is worth noting that in this game, it is important to read the item desciptions of your loot (unless obvious trash) before just assuming your equipped gear is better because of the color of text. The english translation is sketchy. Anyone else notice the difficulty spikes?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom