Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Heroes of Might & Magic 7

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
It's ugly as fuck. Art-wise the whole Homam series went from funny/cutesy (1,2) to vanilla taste (3), ugly (4), vomit inducing (5) and finally to straight up ridiculous (6,7).

They should've employed whoever was responsible for Disciples 3. They're all unemployed now but it's clear you can overdesign something and still make it look semi-tasteful.

vrchny_vampir.jpg

vampir.jpg

12267371.jpg

nosferatu.jpg

x_36b2a9b4.jpg

Last edited:

DeepOcean

Arcane
Lord Edgy makes me think their art team used google search for "cool fantasy looking undead dude." and chosen the first screen that showed up for inspiration.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Lord Edgy makes me think their art team used google search for "cool fantasy looking undead dude." and chosen the first screen that showed up for inspiration.

I went ahead and searched for that and I get this result first. I think it would've been better if they had done that Google search.

just_a_random_slightly_undead_dude_by_nebezial-d5coa71.jpg

Archibald

Arcane
Their story will focus on Imani, a female Orc Chieftain who inevitably leads her people to their promised land

:negative:

I wonder how big of a deal that flanking thing will be, some previews seam to imply that it really matters.

Archibald

Arcane
I might be mixing things up but Nival, developer of H5, developed Etherlords so it wasn't surprising that there were some similarities. At this point its probably considered "classic HoMM interface" since most of the "journalists" and developers haven't played earlier HoMM games and sure as fuck haven't played Etherlords.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Gotta say the art direction seems pretty lamey so far but overland maps design is miles from anything we have seen in the HOMAM franchise or any Homam-like. I like it a lot.

2837286-mmh7_adventuremap3_1426532680.jpg

Quatlo

Arcane
I have to admit, this is really pretty.

Did they say anything about that Paul's concert in potatoland? I hope I didn't miss it

Cadmus

Arcane
this is so disgusting

Not sure if edgy, nostalgiafag or just going for some KKK.
I don't like it. I refuse to cave in and start liking this horrible fucking art design and shit, overblown, out of proportion, covered on all sides with a visible grey and disgusting mist maps that look like Warcraft 3 on steroids and heroin. Fuck this when we finally got a game like Pillars of Eternity. It's not edgy to expect games to look prettier than 10 years ago. I'm not even asking for more polygons on the models or for higher resolutions, it can't be that hard.

mhm32167

Educated
The adventure map looks alright but the art design (heroes, creatures) does suck, overdesigned, etc. Skeletons in this game look about as powerful as tier7 units when you should be able to tell the difference in power from looking at them, like in the earlier homm games. Don't really care about the interface that much, looks exactly like homm5, not as nice as earlier games but I didn't expect this to change really. Lore sucks but can't change that about ashan I guess. My main concerns at this point include area of control and possible absence of random map generator. Disappointed that the previews didn't seem to address the first point at all.

Archibald

Arcane
Bros, its okay to hate art direction but like other parts of the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom