Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Heroes of Might & Magic 7

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Skeletons in this game look about as powerful as tier7 units when you should be able to tell the difference in power from looking at them, like in the earlier homm games.
If they're keeping the three tiers system then skeletons will probably be stronger than tier"7" (in fact 3) unit so it makes perfect sense:happytrollboy:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Bros, its okay to hate art direction but like other parts of the game.

deml2.jpg

Y5dNfA.jpeg

mhm32167

Educated
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlqegNcn6Jg Gameplay vid showing stronghold campaign. Don't think theres anything new in terms of gameplay but you can see the town screen at 1:30. Interface is pretty much homm5

Skeletons in this game look about as powerful as tier7 units when you should be able to tell the difference in power from looking at them, like in the earlier homm games.
If they're keeping the three tiers system then skeletons will probably be stronger than tier"7" (in fact 3) unit so it makes perfect sense:happytrollboy:
They're keeping the tiers system but you can tell the differences between individual units should be closer to the earlier games from looking at one of the vids I posted earlier
Looking through the gamescom gameplay video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh0fIsbEg3A), there are two separate instances of damage to crossbowmen that indicate they have substantially less hp than the 20hp they have in heroes 6; in the second battle, 16 crossbowmen die from 135 prime damage, and in the third battle, one colossus dies from 255 light damage and 14 crossbowmen die from 152 fire damage. I'm guessing crossbowmen have 8 hp in homm7. If this is true then this is less than half of the lowest hp homm6 core creature.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlqegNcn6Jg Gameplay vid showing stronghold campaign. Don't think theres anything new in terms of gameplay but you can see the town screen at 1:30. Interface is pretty much homm5

So the visuals of this game are really all over the place. The art direction is retarded but the overland map is great. The stronghold city also looks fantastic (although the individual buildings blend too much into the scenery) but then they use an ordinary ugly-ass Times New Roman font in the conversation windows. I mean what the fuck?

But all this won't matter anyway because Ubisoft will undoubtedly ruin everything with another retarded Conflux-like online DRM and nobody will buy it.

Dukatenscheisser

Educated
Gotta say the art direction seems pretty lamey so far but overland maps design is miles from anything we have seen in the HOMAM franchise or any Homam-like. I like it a lot.

This map design would be more suitable for a modern first person shooter. Heroes are dead for me after the third one anyways.

M7B3ith.png

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Gotta say the art direction seems pretty lamey so far but overland maps design is miles from anything we have seen in the HOMAM franchise or any Homam-like. I like it a lot.

This map design would be more suitable for a modern first person shooter. Heroes are dead for me after the third one anyways.

M7B3ith.png

Oh great another "H3 was the graetest gaime evah adn I will nevr plai another gaime in my lief" grognard nostalgiafaggot. If I could roll my eyes up into my fucking prefrontal lobe I would.

H3 was undoubtedly the best game of the series but I've still enjoyed the 4 and 6. Even the 5 is probably a solid game, I just couldn't get over the vomit inducing Blizzard art style and the writing which was even more idiotic and juvenile than the M&M standard.

There haven't been that many gaming franchises with such a rate of success. Far as I'm concerned M&M has only two shamefur disprays - M&M 9 obviously and Homam 5 (for the retarded art direction, mechanic-wise it was good). Unless I've missed some obscure shovelware shit everything else was solid to fantastic. Even Dark Messiah if that's your thing.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I think his preference for VI is simply due to him trying really hard to be a unique snowflake contrarian (while accusing everyone else of doing so) and/or judging the games on his perception of stuff like graphics and story in the campaigns. Or he's simply not quite right in the head (nothing new on these boards after all). I think so because he did write he deems II and III best in the series and V is definitely the most "actual HoMM"-like game post III so his claims about V and VI don't make any sense.

...or he's simply a newfag with shit taste and didn't even play II and III much :itisamystery:

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I think his preference for VI is simply due to him trying really hard to be a unique snowflake contrarian

And you're an autistic retard without trying hard. And newfag? Fuck off 2012 fool.

Well, he did register earlier than you did. But whatever. Newfag or not, you're a retarded dumbfuck for liking VI more than V.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I think his preference for VI is simply due to him trying really hard to be a unique snowflake contrarian

And you're an autistic retard without trying hard. And newfag? Fuck off 2012 fool.

Well, he did register earlier than you did.

He shits on people's shoes, shouldn't be surprised when they kicked him in the ass.

But whatever. Newfag or not, you're a retarded dumbfuck for liking VI more than V.

Grow up. Fucking child.

Quatlo

Arcane

And thats different from most of the Homm campaign maps... how?

Watser

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
There haven't been that many gaming franchises with such a rate of success. Far as I'm concerned M&M has only two shamefur disprays - M&M 9 obviously and Homam 5 (for the retarded art direction, mechanic-wise it was good). Unless I've missed some obscure shovelware shit everything else was solid to fantastic. Even Dark Messiah if that's your thing.
Have you tried Clash of Heroes?
It looks like irredeemeable :desu:shit but I haven't personally tried it nor am I aware of anyone who actually has.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/61700/

Last edited:

whatevername

Arcane

2837286-mmh7_adventuremap3_1426532680.jpg
That would be suitable for a combat map, where you'd rush to hold that bridge with 3 units waiting to slaughter 1 unit thet steps onto the bridge (3 hexes vs 1). Or destroy the bridge and if both sides don't have magic, teleport, archers and flying units the battle ends in a draw.

Also it's totally inappropriate as a global map unless you have 500 movement points, the map is ridiculously huge like 2000x2000 tiles or that bridge is 800 feet wide.

Last edited:

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
The small ass maps were also one of the worst things about V and VI. And unsurprisingly looks like it will stay the same in VII.

mhm32167

Educated
Oh great another "H3 was the graetest gaime evah adn I will nevr plai another gaime in my lief" grognard nostalgiafaggot. If I could roll my eyes up into my fucking prefrontal lobe I would.

H3 was undoubtedly the best game of the series but I've still enjoyed the 4 and 6. Even the 5 is probably a solid game, I just couldn't get over the vomit inducing Blizzard art style and the writing which was even more idiotic and juvenile than the M&M standard.

Just out of interest what did you like about h6? I couldn't get into it because of a lot of the gameplay changes (simplified resource system, areas of control, the way the unit tier system was implemented, and partly the skill system and town conversion). But the h7 creative director (erwan le breton) seems quite keen on keeping some of the h6 changes.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Just out of interest what did you like about h6? I couldn't get into it because of a lot of the gameplay changes (simplified resource system, areas of control, the way the unit tier system was implemented, and partly the skill system and town conversion). But the h7 creative director (erwan le breton) seems quite keen on keeping some of the h6 changes.

I didn't mind most of the changes, except the simplified resources, that was bad. Fucking Conflux pissed me off too, frst it didn't work, then I lost several hours of gameplay to its retarded cloud save system. But generally I had fun.

But I don't obsess over the Homam series too much, I prefer Disciples 2, King's Bounty and Eador to any of the Homam games. It's just I can't stand those H3 wahhabists fucking jumping up and down and allahu akbaring everytime someone suggests they dared to enjoyed other games of the series or the genre too.

Archibald

Arcane
It looks like irredeemeable :desu:shit but I haven't personally tried it nor am I aware of anyone who actually has.

Its ok game, basically a HOMM spin on match-3 puzzlers. Pretty fogetable experience, but I don't remember anything fundamentaly terrible about it... asides of it not being llike homm3? But then it has obviously different name implaying that its not proper HoMM game.

Watser

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign

Its ok game, basically a HOMM spin on match-3 puzzlers. Pretty fogetable experience, but I don't remember anything fundamentaly terrible about it... asides of it not being llike homm3? But then it has obviously different name implaying that its not proper HoMM game.
It was not its relation to the HoMM series but more to the entire M&M franchise which cvv was talking about.
Fuck it looks shitty tho

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom