Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Heroes of Steel - turn based tactical RPG from Trese Brothers

Falksi

Arcane
Had about 2 hours on this so far, really enjoying it. Simple, but fun.

Not keen on the art style though. Isometric would have been far better.

Falksi

Arcane
It's a decent game this, and will definitely be for some people. I enjoyed it for a while, but the roleplaying elements were a bit too sparse & didn't connect with me either. Was also a bit too dungeon crawlerly for me.

Would recommend playing though, as it will be up a lot of gamer's streets.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/291190/view/3659773691169606843
NEW PLAYABLE CHARACTER & STORY: Syvana the Witch
Syvana the Witch is a hex queen, our 9th hero, in Mystic slot. She hurls a magical spear and slings all new Death Curses
9f541e6ca390758281691a2f0b08ac5ccb101c5e.png

Syvana the Witch has arrived in the dungeons of Red Hill, unlawfully jailed for a kind act turned against her. Luckily, her cell mates seem like good types ...

We are very excited to introduce the 9th hero to Heroes of Steel thanks to the
generous support and patience of our Patreon community.
We worked closely with the patrons who helped us hit the milestone to design the Witch, picking the Mystic slot, voting on her character class and brainstorming her unique and powerful Talents.

6e3fa4d864df22151161e680e54bedf027f63d2e.jpg

Now, thanks to the Patreon support - everyone can enjoy 7 completely new combinations for your team builds. As an enduring Trese Brothers classic, we're so excited to bring new content into this game and to give fans in our community a reason to harken back to the Underdeep.

Syvana shakes up the tactical combat options within the game but also brings a new perspective to the story events that ensnare your heroes, over 1,000 unique lines of dialog and a new Legendary Item.

The fire is burning in the forest, is it you?

68a7797904984b0cdc9b28b66a9fe66d4f77ee9b.jpg

Hexing Skirmisher
Designed as a skirmisher, the Witch has many unique abilities that set her apart from the other heroes. One of her buffs allows her to
throw 1-H melee spears at short range
. This powerful buff lets her hit from many angles, staying just outside of the fray. Unable to carry a shield or wear heavy armor, she must be careful to avoid getting sucked into the heaviest of combat.

On top of her magical spear, Syvana
boasts a wide range of hexes and curses
to debilitate her enemies at range. And finally, Syvana can use
Death Curses
, special curses that have chained effects when the target of the curse dies -- the death of these cursed foes might heal nearby allies or harm nearby enemies.

53c93007303c5c4c94b8050d8b607b82e2daa670.jpg

Let us know if you encounter any errors
We've playtested as best we're able, but adding a new character with new abilities affects so much of the game it's impossible for us to account for all possible interactions. If you encounter any bugs with Syvana, let us know at https://discord.gg/TreseBrothers or through the Steam forums, and we'll roll out a patch.

Next up from Trese Brothers
You may have heard our next game, Cyber Knights: Flashpoint is on its way to Steam in 2023. A turn-based cyberpunk heist RPG, Cyber Knight's features XCOM-like combat & squad building with a unique heist system for missions that ratchet up the tension, intermixing stealth, hacking and combat.
1678312056023.pngON WISHLIST
Cyber Knights: Flashpoint

IsometricCRPGCyberpunkTactical RPGStealth
Q3 2023
Wishlist
Coming Soon

v5.1.1 - 2/8/2023
- All new character, Syvana the Witch
- Swap Syvana into the Mystic Slot, replacing Kyera or Fyona
- Hurl a magical spear at skirmish range for devastating damage
- Rain down curses and debuffs as the queen of hexes, the Witch
- Use death curses to cause powerful follow-up effects when the enemy dies
- Enjoy Heroes of Steel all over again with a new group and new meta

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I recently beat the base version of this game. It is one of the best mobile CRPGs that I've played. And saying that, I felt it dragged as my party tried to escape from the dungeon by traversing a long series of caves until we finally reached the end of both the game and tunnels. I liked the turn-based combat, skill-based options when leveling up, and discovering a few secrets along the way. On the other hand, the combat felt dull and repetitious after awhile. The expansions are really cheap, but I'm not so sure I want to invest further time in the game.

- Did anybody else purchase the follow-on adventures and if so did the game get better once you escaped the first dungeon?
- Did purchasing the extra characters give you stronger starting characters which in turn made the game easier, or did purchasing the extra characters give you characters that felt quite different without being the equivalent of a cheat code?

Modron

Arcane
Better than The Quest and Tales of Illyria series?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom