Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Hey hey people, it's the SsethTzeentach thread

funny trivia: rockpapershotgun fretted in having their own review too. then something happened, most probably someone pointed at the fact that the game is not out yet, and that review has been removed in minutes.

The game is also very, very WOKE. So woke that it hurts investigations because apparently most NPCs are genderqueer.

doubly horrific since this has been added later, very much later.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In

Mandy took too many meds after Homeworlds 3 review?

WARNING!: This (((paid advertisement))) does not mention that only NPCs are able to use guns in the game as a design decision. In order to obtain guns in the game you need to find a graffiti picture of a gun with the password to a store below it in town (which didn't even seem to spawn in my case), then you need to find the store and tell them the password. I couldn't find the password, but I was able to find the store and steal guns. Player characters are unable to use guns in a gunny way, the only thing you can do with guns or ammo in this game is beat people in the face with them. Shooting is not an option. This completely killed the game for me. It breaks immersion.

Yes, the game has cool stalky stuff, but I can no longer get into it now.

The game is also very, very WOKE. So woke that it hurts investigations because apparently most NPCs are genderqueer.
Thanks for this. I was considering buying it. Another QUD. RIP.

None

Arbiter
The gender shit is pretty minimal in my experience. Pretty sure it can be modded out very easily as it's just like in DF where you have to change a single variable so only male/female are generated. Same with sexual orientations. No one has done this to my knowledge. Guns have been modded in though.

Good game, nothing else like it and it's got a lot of potential if the devs pick up the pace and keep expanding the already very fleshed out modding capabilities.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I don't like to support woke gender theory with my money, mods or no.

MAYBE if it's on sale for under $5 I'd consider it, but not giving $20 to faggots and helping them spread this to kids.

You do you though.

lightbane

Arcane
Let me get this straight: you play as a private eye in a gritty setting that can't use guns normally because of... What, gun control? Is this Subnautica all over again?

Codex USB, 2014
Let me get this straight: you play as a private eye in a gritty setting that can't use guns normally because of... What, gun control? Is this Subnautica all over again?
No, in Subnautica it made sense. Here NPCs are perfectly able to use guns to kill each other and the player. It's just that the player is unable to use them. The player can obtain guns and beat people with them, but no shooting. I have read that this was a design decision and that they are not planning on fixing this. I'm going to look into mods, but it doesn't have workshop support on Steam yet. They are apparently rushing a physical release now for some reason.

I have to admit that the rest of the game amazed me with its detail though. I guess that is why the lack of usable guns pisses me off so much. I thought I found a great game, but then I found out how they are treating it.

Mauman

Scholar
Being shot bad, being clubbed good.

What?

Frankly I'd rather die due to bleeding out than internal hemorrhaging and shattered bones.

I mean, that kind of idiot tier logic is enough to make me immediately go "nope" on a game no matter how good it is. Though a quick look makes me think this game has other problems as well.

So pass.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik

What?

Frankly I'd rather die due to bleeding out than internal hemorrhaging and shattered bones.

I mean, that kind of idiot tier logic is enough to make me immediately go "nope" on a game no matter how good it is. Though a quick look makes me think this game has other problems as well.

So pass.

lightbane

Arcane
Subnautica it made sense
To some extent. As an engineer, the MC should have been capable of making up a makeshift weapon, even if it's a torpedo for your submarine vehicle, but guns are bad, m'kay? Knives are okay though. Then an alien gun you can obtain somewhere is removed in the expansion for reasons.
At least it had a vague justification for the lore of replicators being modified to prevent uprisings.
Meanwhile, Isaac in Dead Space weaponizes cutting lasers since minute 0.

Here NPCs are perfectly able to use guns to kill each other and the play
This makes it worse as it's an artificial handicap for no reason. Can you wield knives and throw them at least?
Protagonist doesn't know how to take the guns off of their safety.
World's greatest detective.

Caim

Arcane

What?

So pass.

From the comments said:
I couldn't even imagine being beaten to death by a trio of Jay Leno's.

Codex USB, 2014
MAYBE if it's on sale for under $5 I'd consider it, but not giving $20 to faggots and helping them spread this to kids.
But you will give them $5 to do it?

I've been getting tired of subversive Jews lately, nice to see classical cheap Jews are still around.
I got more than €5 enjoyment out of the game for more than 10 hours before running into these bugs features fugtus. The devs made something awesome, but then started shitting all over it and that pissed me off and made me sad.

None

Arbiter
The devs made something awesome, but then started shitting all over it and that pissed me off and made me sad.
Gender stuff is the only one that bothers me, way too frequent. Guns makes sense (we're Columbo, not a bounty hunter). Other than that, what has been shit upon?

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
But you will give them $5 to do it?
Probably not, but I'm counting the possibility of me being bored and making a bad purchase late at night.

And I consider the amount of harm $5 can do to be less than $20. 4 times less. Math.

But yeah, I probably won't buy it regardless. Still don't have QUD. Still never bought Dwarf Fortress because the author wants to do the same thing.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Yeah - he needs to review more old games so they can suddenly pop in the Steam Bestseller list out of the blue like it happened with Wizardy 8

Caim

Arcane
From the Patreon:

Filler video shitpost, proper vid scheduled for 21st September
Really sorry about delays, just had issues come up simultaneously

Additionally I don't know if Patreon sent out notices but they're planning to phase out 'per creation' subscriptions. If we have to bill people monthly, I'll try upload more frequently with a credit roll each time.

new stuff soon,
sincerely,
Sseth

Actual video this Saturday.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom