Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Hey hey people, it's the SsethTzeentach thread

Puukko

Arcane
I knew there were some very special retards in there, but what the fuck.

Discord in general is retard and degenerate central - the larger the server, the higher the chances it has some vile people in it. Combine that with the high number of kids and that's how you get grooming servers.

Curratum

Every discord I've been on, I've either left or been banned due to a prevalence of trans people who can't shut up about it and just people expecting a safe space where you can't speak your mind and have to nod along to the general torrent of retarded memes, anime and other assorted nauseating shit.

Then discord also magically decided I'm a bot after I've had the account for a year and locked me out of it, asking for a phone number. Fat chance. Can't even close or delete the account now, it's stuck in limbo, but it's likely for the best.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Discord is only useful for specific purpose, like a server dedicated to specific game. You enter the server ask questions/tips about the game, try to find a solution and then leave, until you need it again. I don't understand why would people use these servers for community, when you have forums, which are much better structured to suit a discussion, and store the data.

Puukko

Arcane
Discord is only useful for specific purpose, like a server dedicated to specific game. You enter the server ask questions/tips about the game, try to find a solution and then leave, until you need it again. I don't understand why would people use these servers for community, when you have forums, which are much better structured to suit a discussion, and store the data.
I personally prefer the IM format over forums, and small tightly knit communities.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I personally prefer the IM format over forums, and small tightly knit communities.

The biggest issue with discord and similar apps is they are awful for organising and collating historical/archived discussions.

That's the nature of a chatroom vs a forum though.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron

Nostaljaded

Savant
Why are you downloading my videos from youtube? What's wrong with you?
The videos are not downloaded; but streamed through mpv, instead of normally streamed through a web browser.
Among the many benefits are no disruptive advertisement inserts for longer videos.

'Picture-in-picture (PiP)', my default screen layout when browsing internet with video stream overlayed 'on top' at bottom right screen.

LeGcgy9.jpg

Currently, streaming random live news; almost always mute stream when checking out game trailers.
...By the way, mpv adepts ITT, could you please tell me the advantages of it? UI is absurdly minimalistic, for one. Or is that can be expanded somehow?
mpv minimalist UI (still has the most-common controls when mouseover at bottom of video, check above screenshot) is for those who prefer keyboard shortcuts once they are committed to muscle memory.

Liken to the ubiquitous Ctrl+C & Ctrl+V for copy and paste, whereas the equivalent mouse-driven actions are so cumbersome.
For mpv newbies, just need to remember Q & Shift+Q will be sufficient. Maybe F too for convenience. :M

Derringer

Prophet
He actually looks VERY russian.
100% yes but he had LARPed as a jew and some retarts could've been confused.

By the way, mpv adepts ITT, could you please tell me the advantages of it? UI is absurdly minimalistic, for one. Or is that can be expanded somehow?

mpv's got a nice interpolation setting that smooths out a lot of judder with mpv.conf in the root directory of the program
--vo=opengl=gpu-hq:dwmflush=auto
video-sync=display-resample
interpolation
tscale=oversample

Sseth was a med student? Doesn't surprise me too much with the serotonin-grasshopper joke, probably saw the studies himself and thought it was funny.

He actually looks VERY russian.
100% yes but he had LARPed as a jew and some retarts could've been confused.

By the way, mpv adepts ITT, could you please tell me the advantages of it? UI is absurdly minimalistic, for one. Or is that can be expanded somehow?

He is Jewish, and his family is from Russia; this came up in the streams.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom