Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Hey hey people, it's the SsethTzeentach thread

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
He went full Gamers Rise Up huh

Unwanted

†††

Patron
It's the most entertaining review he's done in a long long time, and I don't give a fuck about games like this.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
didn't expect him to go on an anti-work mantra, or talk about his addiction. oddly real video given the footage is absolutely off the wall, alt. universe nonsense.

Yeah, he's mentioned his Ritalin issues a few times in passing. I think this was the most detail he has provided though.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Could you try to at least not going full retard once in your lifetime
I was being slightly hyperbolic (terribly inappropriate and out of place with Sseth, I know), but beyond that, how exactly would you describe his little declaration?

"after so long I finally realised: I'm not sick, I was never sick, I just live in a sick society, where someone's individual worth is measured only by the raw productive output they can spit out before being chewed up by the gears, irrespective of their own unique neurochemistry and spirit. Fuck being valuable. It's not for me, it's never been for me, it's for sustaining some misery machine. I'm sorry, I never read the fine print of my birth, but I never signed up for this." (14:05-30)​
Sure, you could say he was being facetious, but it's pretty plainly delivered and ties in directly to his immediately previous complaints about ritalin, a cognitive performance enhancing drug, being "a vampire and it's gonna suck your will to live". That whole section starts with a joke, but doesn't really end on one. Maybe just aren't familiar with the phrase? I gave your edgy bile a serious answer, maybe you can do me the same courtesy this once.

Codex Year of the Donut
I regret to inform my adoring fans that I am withdrawing from methamphetamine. Please donate to my Patreon to receive more high quality posts. God bless.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
"after so long I finally realised: I'm not sick, I was never sick, I just live in a sick society, where someone's individual worth is measured only by the raw productive output they can spit out before being chewed up by the gears, irrespective of their own unique neurochemistry and spirit. Fuck being valuable. It's not for me, it's never been for me, it's for sustaining some misery machine. I'm sorry, I never read the fine print of my birth, but I never signed up for this." (14:05-30)
Work will set you free

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
It's the most entertaining review he's done in a long long time

I agree that this was a good review, but the decline-narrative is way overblown. Elden Ring was a fucking amazing review, one of his best (many of his fans just didn't get the joke), and that Company of Heroes 2 review was also pretty good. Honestly most good YouTubers seem like they have 2 or 3 years in them of good reviews maximum, yet Sseth is still going stronk

Ba'al

Scholar
Drugs allowed him to finish his doctorate and garner an audience large enough to be set for life but don't do drugs kids, you'll regret being successful.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Set for life? LOL!

He can't get his vidya monetized and sponsorships are uh... risky, to to say the least. Once his paypigs lose interest, he'll be back to dealing out drug prescriptions to addicts.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Set for life? LOL!

He can't get his vidya monetized and sponsorships are uh... risky, to to say the least. Once his paypigs lose interest, he'll be back to dealing out drug prescriptions to addicts.

He doesn't even get a fixed income from his patreon as all his default options are pay per video.

Edit: He also declares half his videos as being unofficial/freebies and doesn't charge his patreon subscribers when they release.

Sarathiour

Cipher
Could you try to at least not going full retard once in your lifetime
I was being slightly hyperbolic (terribly inappropriate and out of place with Sseth, I know), but beyond that, how exactly would you describe his little declaration?

"after so long I finally realised: I'm not sick, I was never sick, I just live in a sick society, where someone's individual worth is measured only by the raw productive output they can spit out before being chewed up by the gears, irrespective of their own unique neurochemistry and spirit. Fuck being valuable. It's not for me, it's never been for me, it's for sustaining some misery machine. I'm sorry, I never read the fine print of my birth, but I never signed up for this." (14:05-30)​
Sure, you could say he was being facetious, but it's pretty plainly delivered and ties in directly to his immediately previous complaints about ritalin, a cognitive performance enhancing drug, being "a vampire and it's gonna suck your will to live". That whole section starts with a joke, but doesn't really end on one. Maybe just aren't familiar with the phrase? I gave your edgy bile a serious answer, maybe you can do me the same courtesy this once.

Yeah, the anarchist mindset at work. Just because he despises the rat race (which can be understandable given his background) does not mean that he subscribe to your ideological drivel about "abolishing work".

Please spare the "akschually anti-work is more like a term for thoughtful critic about the philosophical and societal implication of me having to cook my dinner by myself instead of resorting to fully automatic luxury gay communism".
Motte & bailey shit won't work here.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Yeah, the anarchist mindset at work. Just because he despises the rat race (which can be understandable given his background) does not mean that he subscribe to your ideological drivel about "abolishing work".
I never said he wanted to abolish a thing, and if anything it's a populist term now -- not an anarchist one, but I'm glad you find arguing with strawmen so fulfilling. Maybe just, you know, don't tag me in it next time?

Unless it's "sex work" :M
You are quite welcome to continue sucking on jackboots without compensation. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom