Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hiring a writer - Vote on the writer you prefer!

Who should I hire for my upcoming game StarLife?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tiagocc0

Arcane
Thanks, it might take a while, but one feature at a time I will get there!

tiagocc0

Arcane
Yep, the AI will difficult to develop, but it's the area that I most like.
I might also hire another developer in the future (when most of the mechanics are in place) to help with the AI.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
How do you envision the mechanics of multiple aligned nations working? Would it be like Rome Total War with the senate?

If someone brings an ally, and you win the battle everyone involved will be at peace, so no more bring an ally, end the battle and let your ally alone in the war.

Could there be a possibility for "partial involvement"? Like an ally asks for help and you tell them, I'll send one of my fleets and it will be available for x number of turns, but that's all I'm doing.

tiagocc0

Arcane
I haven't played Total War, but you will be able to issue orders that they may or may not follow.
If they disobey you too much you will be able to go to war against them and give their colonies to other nations. They may however ask for help from other nations or aliens.

Yes, you will be able to give or lend your ships.

tiagocc0

Arcane
Okay guys, I read it so many times that my eyes got blurry. It's time to announce the winner.
I want to thank all of you for taking your time to write such great texts.
The second text of everyone was really interesting.

If for some reason the person I choose becomes unable to continue working due to personal reasons or chooses to quit (and I end up without a writer), I will choose another writer from this competition (assuming that the chosen writer still wants to participate).

I choose hoverdog.
:excellent:

So the competition comes to an end. Thank you very much.
:bravo:

I will edit the first post later to put all the entries in it.
This thread will be really useful for other developers looking for writers.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Well, I'm disappointed, but what're you gonna do? :hero:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
EsKB0.png

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I do have to say, your choice is suspect. He can't even spell hopw roewur ne, for God's sake!

:butthurt:

"hopw roewur ne" or "hope never dies" was the inspiring message sent across the stars from the sages of the planet Prosperion in the twilight years of their great empire. It was meant to remind us that no matter how bleak things would get, our children or our children's children would live to see the days of incline. "Hopw raewur ne" or "Home is not remembered" is the bastardized version adopted by the Clevenians as they finished the scouring of Prosperion.

This is the key to understanding antigravity canines.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom