Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hogwarts Legacy - Harry Potter open world action RPG prequel set in the late 1800s

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
12 million copies in two weeks. It's almost like the activist gaming press isn't convincing people not to buy it at all.

https://www.neowin.net/news/hogwarts-legacy-sells-over-12-million-copies-in-just-two-weeks/
I hope this sets a precedent for how companies react to SJW outrage.
What outrage?

Aside from which dormitory you sleep in, it absolutely does not matter whether you choose to be a witch or a wizard in the Hogwarts Legacy character creator. Before that step, you can modify your magic user however you please. You can make a more masculine-presenting character or a more feminine-presenting one, it doesn’t matter. Again, the dorm is the only real difference. Well, that and the fact that the clothing you find in the chests in the open world do tend to skew towards skirts if you choose a witch instead of a wizard. It becomes unnecessarily difficult to obtain pants, for example. Gameplay-wise, though, there are no differences as far as we could tell.
Well. I'm not sure if I can understand the outrage, because it looks like you can put skirt on a male, and have problems with obtaining pants because everyone thinks using skirt is FINAL.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Played a bit,the game looks pretty much sjw. You could be a tranny in the game for sure. Also the motion cap for the protag was done most likely by a woman. Even men do pretty women shit in the ingame cinematics lol. Laughed me arse off when the fag drank some potion at the start,it was the most fag shit i have seen lol. Also a lot of negros,even met a wakanda super mage that explained to me how wakanda magic school is the best in the world ahahahahahaha. Still it seems fine for now since there is plenty of exploration to waste time in.

thesecret1

Arcane
even met a wakanda super mage that explained to me how wakanda magic school is the best in the world
Ah yes, the one that immediately followed it by telling you the nanosecond her parents got an invitation to teach at Hogwarts instead, the whole family took the first ship outta there. I was puzzled by her saying they don't use wands in Uganda and that they're useless, since wands were central to the worldbuilding of the whole series, and the most common source of various ass pulls by Rowling, so how could they be worthless? So I looked it up.
The wand was originally a European invention
Ah, so that's why she shittalks them...

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Man, I really need to brush up on world history. I blame my school systems of the 80s - early 90s for skipping it in my area.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
And here you go.
Empress's origin story.
WTF...

btdUxY.jpg
How typically Russian.

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
Man, I really need to brush up on world history. I blame my school systems of the 80s - early 90s for skipping it in my area.
Same with Transgender genocide, I really didn't know about it, feels like we've all been kept in a state of ignorance while people were murdered:argh:

Last edited:
even met a wakanda super mage that explained to me how wakanda magic school is the best in the world
Ah yes, the one that immediately followed it by telling you the nanosecond her parents got an invitation to teach at Hogwarts instead, the whole family took the first ship outta there. I was puzzled by her saying they don't use wands in Uganda and that they're useless, since wands were central to the worldbuilding of the whole series, and the most common source of various ass pulls by Rowling, so how could they be worthless? So I looked it up.
UMM ACSHKUALLY, they left because her dad got killed because he got involved with shady people and her mum didn't want the daughter to roll in to the same crowds like her father.

Wandless magic in western magic circles means someone is super powerful because they've had to figure it out themselves naturally. Wakanda wizards get taught it, all wizards have it in them to go wandless but most need to have specific training for it, and with wand it's easier to get more potent magic. Neither is necessarily more powerful, but going wandless either means internal talent or specific training for it for significant time.

Source: I paid attention to the dialogue.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
And that is why i am mates with the superior white supremacis slidering rogue chap. :smug:

Sadly this week i have far too much work to do and get to play like 2-4 hours midnight lol. Not enough time to enjoy that glorious meme of a game. Also waiting for the communist mega chad simulator to get cracked.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

LoL just got in the three broom bar lol,the owner is some tranny i think.......and the VA is done by the most bored dude in some random submarine. I just laugh out loud buahahahahaha.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

LoL just got in the three broom bar lol,the owner is some tranny i think.......and the VA is done by the most bored dude in some random submarine. I just laugh out loud buahahahahaha.

Tranny quest is hilarious, it's so on the nose I can't take it seriously. Everyone has always respected Sirs pronouns and Mary Sue, was a super Chad in school and excelled in all classes. Super social and was best friends with the herbology chick lolol

Mauman

Scholar
UMM ACSHKUALLY, they left because her dad got killed because he got involved with shady people and her mum didn't want the daughter to roll in to the same crowds like her father.

Wandless magic in western magic circles means someone is super powerful because they've had to figure it out themselves naturally. Wakanda wizards get taught it, all wizards have it in them to go wandless but most need to have specific training for it, and with wand it's easier to get more potent magic. Neither is necessarily more powerful, but going wandless either means internal talent or specific training for it for significant time.

And then the gal switched to wands anyways.

This is like some guy from the jungle talking about how living in a hut without indoor plumbing is great while sitting on a shitter in a nice cozy heated home.

Peachcurl

Arcane

We had a selection of different VAs for various languages earlier in the thread. Pretty hilarious. Some male, some female. Which language are you playing with?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
and the VA is done by the most bored dude in some random submarine.
They used a trans va but used a terrible recording that makes the voice deeper than it should be.

^ how it should sound like

Edit: apparently it was a bug and it's already been fixed, but pirate-version users don't get the benefit of it. :lol:

vota DC

Augur

Seems racist: elves and goblins don't use wands, same for orcs. That means blacks are orcs!

Avarize

Magister
He means Uganda. You know, the country that didn't exist in the 1800s.
Uganda became a British protectorate in the 1890s so that part actually fits. Though I'm impressed the girl adopted the vernacular of her colonial masters so quickly and calls her country Uganda instead of Buganda.

soulburner

Cipher
So... I played the Empress edition for a few minutes and stopped because the ambient occlusion is so broken - the shadows disappear around characters and on the edges of the screen. So I found a supposed fix (use RT AO with an added line to engine.ini) but it doesn't work. Is this an Empress issue or is this how the game looks like right now on Steam?

edit - look at the shadow behind the dude's hair:

FYNe9ap.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom