Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hogwarts Legacy - Harry Potter open world action RPG prequel set in the late 1800s

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Empress seems pretty bigoted for a troon. Speaking of, how's the transphobia in this game? I doubt it's worth playing if it isn't some kind of anti-trans manifesto.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
But is it on by default? WTF
current state of piracy is worth of a internet historian chapter or something

someone actually did a bit of that in late 2021..!

"[Digital Piracy] The rise of EMPRESS - How one woman turned the pirate underworld on its head, waged a solo war against the entire game industry (and won), went mad with power, started a messianic cult based on high school-level philosophy, and faked her own arrest to spite her rivals and haters"
https://www.reddit.com/r/HobbyDrama...urce=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

..this is an account of not only the Empress ermm.. 'phenomena', but also a recap of the warez scene, from early beginnings up to late 2021 (Skidrow stopping, Voksi doxxed, Empress vs. FitGirl, etc.)
a recommended read for getting updated on the scene since these last years.

;)

(apologies for linking to reddit, do use a VPN of your choice to access, or... -> YMMV)

damm this was a much better read than i expected

Let me guess, this Empress person is actually a tranny, right?
Tranny or severely mentally ill/low functioning autistic woman.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
I have a hard time believing a man can rant/lash out in a hysterical way like that.

Only women do that:

martdms

Novice
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
wow - that NFO was some quality shitposting for the morning coffee..!
:whatho:

also, the torrents are burning through bandwidth now - 3.6k seeds and 58k peers...!
people are complaining they get slow speeds! :lol:

will be interesting to see if performance/ stuttering is also better for this Denuvo-less version...
..I half expect so.

EDIT:
she they included some beautiful music with a message in her their torrent, for all to enjoy while installing..
- just look at those titles?!

empress-music-in-HL_23.feb2023.jpg

Last edited:

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I have a hard time believing a man can rant/lash out in a hysterical way like that.

Only women do that:

I agree. I change my mind. No biological man schreeches like that even troons. The inchorerent ramblings have all the marks of a woman rage.

Ryzer

Arcane
I would be highly cautious about downloading this, friends, god knows what he/she/it/xir/them have instilled into the software.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer

Only women do that:

I agree. I change my mind. No biological man schreeches like that even troons. The inchorerent ramblings have all the marks of a woman rage.

That is not a biker. I dunno wtf that is. I would have clocked the bitch and body slam her bike on too of her.

unseeingeye

Cleric/Mage
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
This is why having a dog the size of that woman is a beautiful thing, people cross the fucking street when you come through. A situation like that hasn't happened to me in years but would be a perfect opportunity to "accidentally" drop the leash.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I watched that vid on immersion mode. Do any of those NPCs that are background do much at all? How interactive are they beyond what any npc in most game are? I get the feeling they are no more interesting than a chair or wall or any background piece just to set thd stage of that particular area; similar to an mmo or any game for that matter.

You probably can't do shit to the environment.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
This is why having a dog the size of that woman is a beautiful thing, people cross the fucking street when you come through. A situation like that hasn't happened to me in years but would be a perfect opportunity to "accidentally" drop the leash.
That dog looks more chill than the owner though.

If it was mine he'd be barking and trying to jump on her like a rabid dog. Although I somehow doubt she'd pick a fight with me to begin with(I have a big ass Rottweiler).

lycanwarrior

Scholar

The Real-World Cost of Hogwarts Legacy Is Unforgivable:​

https://www.inverse.com/gaming/hogwarts-legacy-unforgivable

At every turn, Hogwarts Legacy tells you that you can do whatever you want. If it’s fun for you, why should you be judged? At this point, Hogwarts Legacy is not just a game. It encourages those who don’t want to engage with the guilt of ignoring pleas from the transgender community (maybe even their trans friends or family) that naysayers have no right to judge you.

This is Hogwarts Legacy’s most lasting and dangerous effect on the world. With real deaths in the transgender community being underplayed and ignored, all as a consequence of a continual normalization of trans hate stoked by people like Rowling, Hogwarts Legacy fits alongside a massive wave of anti-trans legislation and hate across the United States and United Kingdom.

Anyone who continues to buy and play HL is implicit, nay actively encouraging the genocide of tranny Americans!!!

:evilcodex::smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom