Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hogwarts Legacy - Harry Potter open world action RPG prequel set in the late 1800s

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Doesn't seem like the kind of game you'd want to speedrun anyways, its long, story driven and open world. This is just a virtue signal, the ban is not relevant.

Koolz

Learned
Possibly Retarded
Fucking hell "she" has an army.
Look at this shit.

ifPuxC.jpg
I could be wrong, but I heard that Russia had some official anti-trans laws (talking about homosexuality or gender identity publicly is illegal/banned, and I'd say posting on the internet or being on a webcam and similar would all fall under that), so I don't know about being "100% PROTECTED against any motherfuckers who are trying to censor me regard TRANS/GAYS".

I think this is some sort of games industry plot to make piracy REALLY not worth it.
Eh, people say the shitstorm around Hogwarts Legacy is part of marketing, but the timing is off. The shitstorm around Rowling was there for quite some time and Hogwarts Legacy being associated with Rowling is pretty much the only reason for the hate Hogwarts Legacy is getting, so trying to make it sound like it's some sort of "marketing ploy", in a world where PR departments are scared shitless of any controversy, is reaching.

And now some psycho is part of "games industry plot to reduce piracy"? Why do we need a whole plot when there are much simpler explanations laying around?

yea you are completely wrong. Look up who the Rowling's are. As for Russia yes Putin is smart and has outlawed Soros Open Society like China. In fact Soros said China is the biggest threat to our Open Society.

GrafvonMoltke

Shoutbox Purity League
Shitposter
Fucking hell "she" has an army.
Look at this shit.

ifPuxC.jpg
I could be wrong, but I heard that Russia had some official anti-trans laws (talking about homosexuality or gender identity publicly is illegal/banned, and I'd say posting on the internet or being on a webcam and similar would all fall under that), so I don't know about being "100% PROTECTED against any motherfuckers who are trying to censor me regard TRANS/GAYS".

I think this is some sort of games industry plot to make piracy REALLY not worth it.
Eh, people say the shitstorm around Hogwarts Legacy is part of marketing, but the timing is off. The shitstorm around Rowling was there for quite some time and Hogwarts Legacy being associated with Rowling is pretty much the only reason for the hate Hogwarts Legacy is getting, so trying to make it sound like it's some sort of "marketing ploy", in a world where PR departments are scared shitless of any controversy, is reaching.

And now some psycho is part of "games industry plot to reduce piracy"? Why do we need a whole plot when there are much simpler explanations laying around?

yea you are completely wrong. Look up who the Rowling's are. As for Russia yes Putin is smart and has outlawed Soros Open Society like China. In fact Soros said China is the biggest threat to our Open Society.
Show me on the doll where George Soros touched you

martdms

Novice
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
so much drama... :|
Empress' reddit forum shoutboxcorner was closed (probably for the better!)
they now have a Telegram account (?) with more than 191.000 followers...!
- 3 tiers/layers/circles with increasing madness...!
(they had to shut down the 3rd/top one, because of someone posting underage shit... (?) !)

invited followers are beta testing Empress' crack, and the latest info (surfaced to Reddit), is from about 6 hours ago;
apparently they are now testing out beta 5...:

latest-empress-HL-crck-info_22.feb2023.jpg

just, you know, for any wooden-legged parrot-carriers wondering how it's goning... :P

..sooo.. maybe a couple of days?
towards the weekend?
even amphetamine-driven crackwhores crackers need sleep, surely?!

B)

martdms

Novice
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
current state of piracy is worth of a internet historian chapter or something

someone actually did a bit of that in late 2021..!

"[Digital Piracy] The rise of EMPRESS - How one woman turned the pirate underworld on its head, waged a solo war against the entire game industry (and won), went mad with power, started a messianic cult based on high school-level philosophy, and faked her own arrest to spite her rivals and haters"
https://www.reddit.com/r/HobbyDrama...urce=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

..this is an account of not only the Empress ermm.. 'phenomena', but also a recap of the warez scene, from early beginnings up to late 2021 (Skidrow stopping, Voksi doxxed, Empress vs. FitGirl, etc.)
a recommended read for getting updated on the scene since these last years.

;)

(apologies for linking to reddit, do use a VPN of your choice to access, or... -> YMMV)

Darkwind

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.

"[Digital Piracy] The rise of EMPRESS - How one woman turned the pirate underworld on its head, waged a solo war against the entire game industry (and won), went mad with power, started a messianic cult based on high school-level philosophy, and faked her own arrest to spite her rivals and haters"
https://www.reddit.com/r/HobbyDrama...urce=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

..this is an account of not only the Empress ermm.. 'phenomena', but also a recap of the warez scene, from early beginnings up to late 2021 (Skidrow stopping, Voksi doxxed, Empress vs. FitGirl, etc.)

;)

(apologies for linking to reddit, do use a VPN of your choice to access, or... -> YMMV)

From this article--

"”to all the GENDER FREAKS out there who keep claiming out of their own ass that I am a male, I am so sorry to ruin your fantasy dreams of a trans cracker is false and yes I am actually a woman. Next time if you want to speak about your pathetic fetishes, you better look at yourself in the mirror.” She would later say, “i am 23 years old, and i am beautiful AS HELL. but i don't care 1 bit how i ‘look.’ i care of what i ‘Do.’”"

Only troons and trannies talk like this, women don't speak this way. "She".

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy

;)

From this article--

"”to all the GENDER FREAKS out there who keep claiming out of their own ass that I am a male, I am so sorry to ruin your fantasy dreams of a trans cracker is false and yes I am actually a woman. Next time if you want to speak about your pathetic fetishes, you better look at yourself in the mirror.” She would later say, “i am 23 years old, and i am beautiful AS HELL. but i don't care 1 bit how i ‘look.’ i care of what i ‘Do.’”"

Only troons and trannies talk like this, women don't speak this way. "She".

EMPRESS said she had been called to the purpose through dreams. A copy of Dark Souls 2 floated before her, wrapped up in chains made of numbers, and as she focused, she began to see what every number meant ‘universally’. Looking deeper still, she entered ‘The Zone’, which allowed her to ‘SEE MORE into everything’, and shatter the chains. When asked about her process, EMPRESS said, “By mixing philosophy with coding. It’s very complicated. I have a ‘Goal’ that no one else has. I have no need for Ego.” This is the kind of larger-than-life persona she adopted.
Perfectly normal and healthy. And totally a woman.

RegionalHobo

Scholar

;)

damm this was a much better read than i expected

Doesn't seem like the kind of game you'd want to speedrun anyways, its long, story driven and open world. This is just a virtue signal, the ban is not relevant.
Well it wasn't just HL they banned. It also hit the old psx/pc games that through the power of autism people actually still speedrun.

Technomancer

Liturgist
I could be wrong, but I heard that Russia had some official anti-trans laws (talking about homosexuality or gender identity publicly is illegal/banned, and I'd say posting on the internet or being on a webcam and similar would all fall under that)
Its not enforced with any diligence coz nobody gives a fuck to actually review all content. Why Owlcat can operate openly in the very heart of russia while stuffing their games full of LGBT. Unless someone makes a stink, it will never reach the law. That law is mostly for obvious stuff.

Just cynicism overload, there's nothing about the marketing that indicated WB was going for that and the game explicitly goes against what Rowling believes (chargen with "body 1/2", "voice 1/2" and a "are you a witch or a wizard?" gender option at the end that affects which dormitory you're assigned to). The tranny NPC is also normal enough (friendly innkeeper) that trannies are protesting she was included as a token effort and should have a bigger role.

However, it's 2023 and companies will tell you to go touch grass if they think it will give them clout, so the PR thing isn't an universal truth anymore.

Game is new, it's just a matter of finding ways to skip or accelerate things.

3h42m and speedrun events like AGDQ have much longer runs.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
But is it on by default? WTF

;)

damm this was a much better read than i expected

Let me guess, this Empress person is actually a tranny, right?

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

PrK

Savant
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Empress' crack is out, piratefriends.

Unhinged .nfo does not disappoint. I like this quote addressed to the troons pirating the game not to give money to Rowling:
You are all mostly "sissy men" who just couldn't accept being inferior to women, so you went into a trip to realize that **in the end** there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING you can do about it. And NOW you are neither a man nor a woman, you have completely lost your identity, and now you are just a "unidentifiable freak" that is fucking disgusting. Good job, FAGGOTS.

just

Liturgist
no woman talks like that
but also no man is using so many words

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom