Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hogwarts Legacy - Harry Potter open world action RPG prequel set in the late 1800s

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Imagine being a random guy working on an innocent little Harry Potter game for kids and for no reason at all everyone is suddenly pissed because of your game.

Renevent

Cipher
What's a summary breakdown for the "crack drama" posted above...in the dark would like to know what the context is?

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Not the crack info but still something. The drama.

jXxYpD.jpg

LOL... a MEANGIRL war between two faggot russian MEN. If this is the kind of folks that dominate the crack scene nowdays you are all fucked. a decade ago there was SKIDROW and RELOADED who cracked games without this gay ass drama.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
a decade ago there was SKIDROW and RELOADED who cracked games without this gay ass drama.

Where are they now, have they switched sides? I don't mean in the sexual way.

Honestly for years before Denuvo, outside of very specific online only DRM (Rockstars, Ubi, MS Store exclusive) or some obscure indie dev making their own CD Key system they manually review to remove pirated copies (Illwinter), cracking has really stopped being lucrative. Most release is done minutes after official game because how algorithmic it becomes. Not to mention most people just use Steam base DRM that get cracked also literally in minutes.

Denuvo is basically those ex-crackers turning their skill to legitimate business. It is currently known that most 3rd party ex scene people will be sending their finding to Denuvo much like white hats reporting to Sony/Microsoft for fat bucks to prevent console exploits.

Used to be Chinese scenes (ALI?) also worked on Denuvo early but they stopped. Skidrow teams under different name also used to make Denuvo crack. There is an autist who doxxed himself and got FBI'ed. And there is Empress.

The thing with Denuvo so far is also seemingly a whack a mole nature of it. It is basically putting so much custom trigger based on machine to game exe so everything just become tedious whack a mole shit

Last edited:

Sarathiour

Cipher
What's a summary breakdown for the "crack drama" posted above...in the dark would like to know what the context is?
https://www.reddit.com/r/CrackWatch/comments/lqs91b/finally_caught_by_the_police_goodjob_everyone/

Dunno about the most recent drama referenced in the recent post, but this is the heart of the rage. Also the reason I think "Empress" is currently a team of 6 FBI guys, though it's funnier to think she really is just a living Undertale character.
That was 2 years ago, and this is about as real and straight as Sir Ona.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The guy sounds like a moron and the bad Ian Curtis editing doesn't help to listen to his ranting and whining.
Well, duh! Haven't you watched pop culture commentators on youtube before? I sure seem to be meeting lots of special people today.
frankly, it's p new to me, I discovered that mainly with the Rings of Power : after watching the first 3 ep, and when seeing the press reviews I was so shocked I started to search for yt reviews because I just couldn't believe that the world wouldn't see how shit it was. In the next weeks I did a tour and discovered all those guys : Disparu, Critical "don't know!" drinker, Nerdotick, etc...
Same with me, and they all go on about the same things week after week, but I find Nerdrotic's videos somewhat funny, so I watch him once a month when something pops up in my feed.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
Why does this person even need to involve his gender retardation in this? If you're going to crack the game, crack the fucking game and shut the fuck up about irrelevant subjects.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Why does this person even need to involve his gender retardation in this? If you're going to crack the game, crack the fucking game and shut the fuck up about irrelevant subjects.
Typical of their ilk.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Cracking denuvo is so insufferably tedious that it requires amphetamines to get through it, and with that comes amphetamine-posting.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
Cracking denuvo is so insufferably tedious that it requires amphetamines to get through it, and with that comes amphetamine-posting.
His ramblings bring to mind PKD's letters, but retarded

Child of Malkav

Erudite
The drama this created by virtue of its sheer existence is far more entertaining than the game itself could ever be.
Yeah I know, it's great. It's funny but also sad because this is what the scene has been reduced to now: a cat fight between a repacker and a probably, most likely, mentally ill tranny which demands 500$ to crack a game (and to not join the 52%). And the circus for the people are theses NFOs or random crap like this.

Oh and BTW, "she"'s been banned.

GnqQjF.jpg

hjeMxC.jpg

I guess Denuvo really pay reddit moderators to pull shit like this but then again it's not surprising, this being Denuvo.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom