Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hogwarts Legacy - Harry Potter open world action RPG prequel set in the late 1800s

Dexter

Arcane
FpMSpxTXsAEZPfB
FpMSqDmWYAgJqqd

https://archive.is/7ctPV https://archive.is/TXEoP

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Too lazy to watch it

Mostly this. I admit I only skimmed through certain parts of the video, the ones that were dangerously close to making me cry out of boredom.

But I will say that your "observetations" and the conclusions you make based on them could not possibly be any more deluded and pants-on-head retarded.

Even going as back as 2015-2016, there were people swearing up-and-down that the whole woke "fad" was entering its death spiral and was this close to meeting its inevitable end because of how extreme and ridiculous it's gotten. Fast forward 7-8 years, and the fad is not only going stronger than ever (with zero signs of even slowing down, let alone stopping), but it also managed to penetrate and overtake many other aspects of society, beyond just entertainment.

Vlajdermen

Arcane
Even going as back as 2015-2016, there were people swearing up-and-down that the whole woke "fad" was entering its death spiral and was this close to meeting its inevitable end because of how extreme and ridiculous it's gotten.
:negative:
Remember thinking "SJW", "Anita Sarkeesian" and "safe space" were the be-all-end-all of left-wing retardation?

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Autogynephiles are often also extremely misogynistic. And I don't mean the "haha hos mad" type of misogyny we all engage in, I mean a very real mental issue regarding women like you see with other closeted homosexuals like Nick Fuentes.

Harthwain

Magister
Out of curiosity I checked the metacritic reviews, because I was interested in how big the divide between "critics" and users are and it looks way better than I expected: 83 vs 8.5 on PC and 84 vs 9.0 on PS5, so pretty even on both platforms and between both groups of reviewers per platform. I am guessing part of the reason is because some "critics" didn't submit their own reviews, trying to support the boycott and as a result the review score isn't artificially lower.

Silverfish

Arbiter
Autogynephiles are often also extremely misogynistic. And I don't mean the "haha hos mad" type of misogyny we all engage in, I mean a very real mental issue regarding women like you see with other closeted homosexuals like Nick Fuentes.

This can't be overstated. They use the cover of femininity to publicly and without pushback exhibit the ugliest aspects of masculinity.

Joyvankek

Learned
So is this even worth pirating it?
Info so far:
It has trans shit in it.
Hogwart looks like typical murican city when ethnic make up is concerned, in a game set somewhere around 1800-1900 year.
You can use black magic curses and nobody gives a shit.
You can't kill people in school.
House you pick is basically cosmetic only.

Dexter

Arcane
Btw. this is pretty hilarious from a Polygon review: https://archive.is/TXEoP
Disappearing into Hogwarts Castle doesn’t render this ongoing debate invisible. In fact, the world of Hogwarts Legacy — in particular, the game’s conspicuous attempts at diversity — illuminates Rowling’s hatefulness in stark relief. Somehow, Hogwarts as it existed in the 1890s, when the game takes place, is more diverse along every axis than it is in 1995, when the Harry Potter novels begin. When I read the books as a young girl, I longed for more Indian representation than just Parvati and Padma Patil. In Hogwarts Legacy, multiple professors are Indian, as are my classmates. There’s a potion vendor in one of the small hamlets that has the same name as my mother. Rather than providing comfort, it makes me skeptical. While Rowling’s racial representation has never been good, tossing a half-dozen Indians into the Scottish countryside willy-nilly isn’t exactly better. Where did they come from — India, which was still under British rule in the 1800s? And where did they all go by the time Harry got there?
Good questions though. When even Polygon writers that look like this have more self-awareness and self-respect than resident Wokefags. :lol:

Another (unintentionally) surprisingly perceptive excerpt:
For a very specific group of political bad actors that are determined to make their problems the problems of the entire world, the game itself is more than a game at this point. It is a signal of one’s politics. You’re either with Rowling, or against her.

Last edited:

Zlaja

Arcane
Info so far:
It has trans shit in it.
Hogwart looks like typical murican city when ethnic make up is concerned, in a game set somewhere around 1800-1900 year.

After watching a stream of it, it's definitely not worth 60 bucks. The game is pretty shallow and combat gets boring. Pirate it when the crack gets released or wait until it's heavily discounted. Or don't bother with it all, if you don't have a clue or interest in HP.

thesecret1

Arcane
Disappearing into Hogwarts Castle doesn’t render this ongoing debate invisible. In fact, the world of Hogwarts Legacy — in particular, the game’s conspicuous attempts at diversity — illuminates Rowling’s hatefulness in stark relief. Somehow, Hogwarts as it existed in the 1890s, when the game takes place, is more diverse along every axis than it is in 1995, when the Harry Potter novels begin. When I read the books as a young girl, I longed for more Indian representation than just Parvati and Padma Patil. In Hogwarts Legacy, multiple professors are Indian, as are my classmates. There’s a potion vendor in one of the small hamlets that has the same name as my mother. Rather than providing comfort, it makes me skeptical. While Rowling’s racial representation has never been good, tossing a half-dozen Indians into the Scottish countryside willy-nilly isn’t exactly better. Where did they come from — India, which was still under British rule in the 1800s? And where did they all go by the time Harry got there?

Good questions though. :lol:
Is Polygon actually complaining about too many non-whites in a game? Man... what a time to be alive.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Info so far:
It has trans shit in it.

Game is fun. I am having enjoyment from exploring and vista seeing. If you have a good rig, the game also looks nice.

Semiurge

Cipher
Info so far:
It has trans shit in it.

It's in a state too raw to pirate at this point, let alone buy. If you really want to enjoy it, it should be given a year of patches. Like any other AAA release.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Info so far:
It has trans shit in it.

Game is fun. I am having enjoyment from exploring and vista seeing. If you have a good rig, the game also looks nice.
I'd also say it is a fun game, but the 60€ asking price might be a bit steep given its overall shallowness.

I'm having fun just exploring, and I can at least theoretically imagine the combat being interesting if the harder modes actually end up being harder. There's definitely more to do than just shoot and dodge.

Right now, I'd say it's probably an 70-75% game that is kept lower than that score by really bad optimization and a lot of bugs (not as bad as CP2077, mind you, but still shouldn't have been released in this state).
You can easily add +10% if you are into the setting.

The high user ratings it gets on Steam, etc. are IMO mostly because people enjoy showing a big fat middle finger to the woke mob and general happiness about finally having a decent/good game in the setting that doesn't have you playing as Harry Potter.

That it's not the kind of game that is full of cRPG-style C&C allowing you to roleplay all the thinkable variants is just logical - this is a more casual game aimed at mainstream, after all. Not a hardcore gamercred experience.
Still I think the game should at least acknowledge your actions a bit more - stuff like you running around killing like a maniac and nobody bats an eye is just silly.

Darkwind

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Good questions though. When even Polygon writers that look like this have more self-awareness and self-respect than resident Wokefags. :lol:

Proof once again, that any concessions you make for these people will NEVER be enough. Even when you pepper street-shitters and pajeets all around your game world in a hilariously out of context place like 1800s Britain, it isn't enough. Met with skepticism and defensiveness. This is a good microcosm of what the entire Meta-context is for diversity, woke, whatever.

Anything you do will NEVER satisfy so the better approach to is to tell them to fuck off, directly, and forcefully. After that a punch in the face should get the message across nicely. It is disgusting that it has even gotten this far with the literally mentally ill now dictating "how things should be" for the 99% of normal people.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
They don't want concessions, they want a complete integration of their worldview into the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom