Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hogwarts Legacy - Harry Potter open world action RPG prequel set in the late 1800s

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
I wouldn't say the game is for everyone (whichever actually is? ), nor would I say it's some kind of adventurous heaven in its entirety, but a considerable amount of heartfelt designing passion sometimes went to exploration, questing, or riddle-solving. One example. Just a while ago, I stumbled upon a hidden crevice-aleway along a wall—which, obviously, I've overlooked many times by now—just outside one of the main buildings at Hogwarts, at the end of which was the highest-tier chest with an unidentified, legendary piece of gear. This happened while actually doing the "Search for the entrance to the hidden herbology corridor." quest, also being a neat little experience. Left only to my devices with no quest marks turned on, I was initially searching in all the wrong places. The entrance was hidden cleverly—and, dare I say, logically castle-wise, at that. Good sense of accomplishment upon entering the location as the quest unfolded again. Few games do this well enough.

Last edited:

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I wouldn't say the game is for everyone (whichever actually is? ), nor would I say it's some kind of adventurous heaven in its entirety, but a considerable amount of heartfelt designing passion sometimes went to exploration, questing, or riddle-solving. One example. Just a while ago, I stumbled upon a hidden crevice-aleway along a wall—which, obviously, I've overlooked many times by now—just outside one of the main buildings at Hogwarts, at the end of which was the highest-tier chest with an unidentified, legendary piece of gear. It happened while actually doing the "Search for the entrance to the hidden herbology corridor." quest. Left only to my devices with no quest marks turned on, I was initially searching in all the wrong places. The entrance was hidden cleverly—and, dare I say, logically castle-wise, at that. Good sense of accomplishment upon entering the location as the quest unfolded again. Few games do this well enough.

Yes. Exploration in this game is very well done and is its strongest aspect. You might want to return to previous locations you could not go into before once you learn appropriate spells. Exploration in this game reminds me when I played fable for the first time as a kid.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
I wouldn't say the game is for everyone (whichever actually is? ), nor would I say it's some kind of adventurous heaven in its entirety, but a considerable amount of heartfelt designing passion sometimes went to exploration, questing, or riddle-solving. One example. Just a while ago, I stumbled upon a hidden crevice-aleway along a wall—which, obviously, I've overlooked many times by now—just outside one of the main buildings at Hogwarts, at the end of which was the highest-tier chest with an unidentified, legendary piece of gear. It happened while actually doing the "Search for the entrance to the hidden herbology corridor." quest. Left only to my devices with no quest marks turned on, I was initially searching in all the wrong places. The entrance was hidden cleverly—and, dare I say, logically castle-wise, at that. Good sense of accomplishment upon entering the location as the quest unfolded again. Few games do this well enough.
You might want to return to previous locations you could not go into before once you learn appropriate spells.

Does that mean this game is a Metroidvania?

lycanwarrior

Scholar
LOL what the fuck is going on?
honkhonk.png
70b.jpg

Really, there's a better option than "LOL can't hurt non-hostiles with spells" to handling a playing going around attacking people. Just let the player do it, but disable saving after they do so and start spawning in waves of tough teachers/prefects, then play some kind of bad ending when the PC is eventually caught/defeated by them. Embed related (8:48) .
Better gameplay wise, but then "students being killed by the player onscreen" will now contribute to the game's rating.
It's already a T rated game. You can have the player kill endless numbers of people and keep a T rating as long as it's done without blood or part loss.

T rated game means tranny haha naw just kidding.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
That "Nerdrotic" youtuber guy has just posted his summary of woke going out of fashion in the areas he is more closely watching: https://youtu.be/9gV2G1KfTmI

Where, exactly, does he make the argument that it's going out of fashion in this video?
Too lazy to watch it, or too bad at listening comprehension to understand it?

... it still doesn't make what [Maher] says any less true
I firmly believe Billy boy doesn't go this far if he doesn't feel those winds of change ablowin', which they are.
Gina was in the right to tell them Disney to go f themselves, because they would have fired her anyway, and things have been downhill for Disney ever since.
Unfortunately, that miniscule amount of people have failed miserably. Hogwarts Legacy is a massive hit.
While it does feel like Woke Hollywood is putting the audience through a struggle session, I firmly believe we are in a period of acceleration, or Peak Woke Hollywood. That is a good thing, because it'll end it faster. Let's go over some examples just from the past three or four months...[Examples of flops follow]
Sure looks like a lot of you haven't forgotten that either. It appears that the US taxpayer movie theater bailout didn't work, and AMC is forced to go to a European tiered pricing system, probably because almost half of the ticket-buying audience has disappeared.
Netflix CEO has resigns, and we just got the news from Disney, that they lost 2.4 million subscribers, their first major loss, and they are firing seven thousand employees... [up to the end of the video]

Sunri

Liturgist
Right... much better to have paedophilic sex with them and really set them up for life??
My grandma got married at 15. She's done pretty well for herself. And it's not "paedophilic sex", as already said last page.
In the UK if a man has sex with a 15 year old girl he's going away for paedophilia. There's no argument here.
But uk is a land o cucks so w/e

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
That "Nerdrotic" youtuber guy has just posted his summary of woke going out of fashion in the areas he is more closely watching: https://youtu.be/9gV2G1KfTmI

Where, exactly, does he make the argument that it's going out of fashion in this video?
Too lazy to watch it, or too bad at listening comprehension to understand it?

The guy sounds like a moron and the bad Ian Curtis editing doesn't help to listen to his ranting and whining. It's the kind of guy I'd shot even if he was bringing me good news. Which he is, actually, woke is dead, hurrah. But then it means Nerdotic & consorts will loose their jobs, won't they ? What are they going to do when there's no wokeness left to rant about ? Write games & movies ?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The guy sounds like a moron and the bad Ian Curtis editing doesn't help to listen to his ranting and whining.
Well, duh! Haven't you watched pop culture commentators on youtube before? I sure seem to be meeting lots of special people today.

But then it means Nerdotic & consorts will loose their jobs, won't they ? What are they going to do when there's no wokeness left to rant about ? Write games & movies ?
You have a point, if hate-driven clickbait were to disappear from the internet, that would turn into its own creative bankruptcy for many "content creators". One can dream.

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
The guy sounds like a moron and the bad Ian Curtis editing doesn't help to listen to his ranting and whining.
Well, duh! Haven't you watched pop culture commentators on youtube before? I sure seem to be meeting lots of special people today.
frankly, it's p new to me, I discovered that mainly with the Rings of Power : after watching the first 3 ep, and when seeing the press reviews I was so shocked I started to search for yt reviews because I just couldn't believe that the world wouldn't see how shit it was. In the next weeks I did a tour and discovered all those guys : Disparu, Critical "don't know!" drinker, Nerdotick, etc...

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Didn't people hate the superman 64 ring flying thing? So why the fuck would they want to ride a broom through rings? Am i missing out on this ring thing?

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
In other news, GDQ have added Hogwarts legacy and a bunch of other games, including GoW 2005, to their list of banned games.
Is GDQ that speedrunning thing? Also what's wrong with GoW 2005?

What's the point of canceling a 20-year-old game that's not really being played anymore?

Elttharion

Learned

Mauman

Scholar
In other news, GDQ have added Hogwarts legacy and a bunch of other games, including GoW 2005, to their list of banned games.
They also banned Ion Fury, I guess the trannies are still seething about that bottle of shampoo :lol::lol:

From my latest post in the Screenshot thread:

ME15ZSBP_o.jpg

It's still in the game. I thought they removed it.
IIRC they kept the bottle but removed the other jokes
They did remove the bottle....then huge outcry had it put back. Sadly the damage was already done.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom