Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hogwarts Legacy - Harry Potter open world action RPG prequel set in the late 1800s

Koolz

Learned
Possibly Retarded
I love the Marketing for this Harry Potter Media! With the Intelligence Organizations going right out and telling you to your face who created it.

Just keep it going. Also Warner Brothers has huge plans in the mix.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

I've not been following this game, but the controversy looks hilarious. Now the game is anti-semitic and racist, apprently.

3J9wmDb.png

XescYNd.png

peDN2eC.png

hQUBSyT.png

ovSAPs5.png

LOL what the fuck is going on?
honkhonk.png

If orcs make you think of black people and goblins make you think of Jews, then you're the good guy, apparently.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Man, what doesn't this game cover? Russians? Mexicans? Canadians? Sand niggers (non-jew)?

Fucking WWIII going to happen over magical wizard controversy. JK better hide in her hedgemaze.

Aarwolf

Learned
On the Codex you are called a cuck if you don't think a 15-year-old girl with a man in his 40s is totally cool.
The teacher asks the children what a delicacy is. Answers are given:
- Bananas...
- Oranges...
- A roll with butter and ham....
When it's Jasio's turn, he says:
- The butt of a sixteen-year-old girl.
The teacher gets upset:
- Tomorrow you will come with your father!
The next day Jasio came without his father and sat in the last bench.
- Why didn't your father come and why are you sitting in the last bench? - asks the teacher.
- Because dad said that if for you the ass of a sixteen-year-old girl is not a delicacy, then you are a faggot and I should stay away from you.

Good joke, but you know it's dated when bananas are considered a delicacy.

:necro:
Nah, it's not that far away in time anyway.

I remember when I was in my preschool (commie times in potatoland) and oranges was delicacies you saw once a year at christmas and so were bananas. I was 5 at the time iirc when I got my first one and it tasted bad, I hated it and all the adults was offended by that, b/c it was so hard to get and costed much.

honkhonk.png
70b.jpg

Really, there's a better option than "LOL can't hurt non-hostiles with spells" to handling a playing going around attacking people. Just let the player do it, but disable saving after they do so and start spawning in waves of tough teachers/prefects, then play some kind of bad ending when the PC is eventually caught/defeated by them. Embed related (8:48) .
Better gameplay wise, but then "students being killed by the player onscreen" will now contribute to the game's rating.

I've not been following this game, but the controversy looks hilarious. Now the game is anti-semitic and racist, apprently.

3J9wmDb.png

XescYNd.png

peDN2eC.png

hQUBSyT.png

ovSAPs5.png

honkhonk.png

If orcs make you think of black people and goblins make you think of Jews, then you're the good guy, apparently.

Never ever have I looked at media and looked at the villains and thought "wow this extremely ugly creature born from mud eating human flesh, raping and pillaging orc is exactly like a black person". Never have I ever looked at a black person and thought "wow that person is probably a raping cannibal crafted from soil! Just like Tolkien's orcs!".

Do these people try to project real Life into everything? Do they just look at media and decide that the short, tubby, extremely cloistered, banker oriented, prominent nose possessing jew must be a goblin from a children's book series? The goblins in HP have a ton of integrity, and don't use their banking to meddle with peoples lives. That is precisely the opposite of the Jewish caricature. Hmm.

thesecret1

Arcane
Never ever have I looked at media and looked at the villains and thought "wow this extremely ugly creature born from mud eating human flesh, raping and pillaging orc is exactly like a black person". Never have I ever looked at a black person and thought "wow that person is probably a raping cannibal crafted from soil! Just like Tolkien's orcs!".
I blame Warcraft for it. In Warcraft 3, the parallels between orcs and (idealized version of) niggers are pretty on the nose.

Harthwain

Magister
Not sure whether you're trying to say that Elden Ring is superior or sucks (come on, they're obviously a pair).

gurugeorge

I promised you something and I am a man of my word, so I am sharing the answers I got:

In one sentence the biggest reason for my father to like Harry Potter was "the atmosphere of Hogwarts". It's a college where you gather knowledge, form friedships with fellow students, grow up together, have plans and hopes for the future, it reminds of the time when at university, there is adventure.

So he had different reasons for liking it than I did.

Semiurge

Cipher
honkhonk.png

They're really trying to get Hogwarts canceled. This is sirius.

"Orcs are really just the spawn of corrupted elves, Tolkien's version of fallen angels and demons?

Noooo, they're niggers and don't try convince me otherwise."

Last edited:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
You guys remember that Will Smith movie Bright?

:popcorn:

Ay yo they made school shooting mods already.

Really, there's a better option than "LOL can't hurt non-hostiles with spells" to handling a playing going around attacking people. Just let the player do it, but disable saving after they do so and start spawning in waves of tough teachers/prefects, then play some kind of bad ending when the PC is eventually caught/defeated by them. Embed related (8:48) .

Agreed, but I'm assuming (and this is a pretty reasonable assumption) that Warner Bros really did not want videos on YouTube of someone doing a school shooting spelling in 2023.

I also think that Hogwarts Legacy would've been a better game if they really made the killing spells have weight. Like people called you out on it and you become a worse person in general. Maybe even consequences! (Oh god no, think of the children, they can't handle consequences!)

Having some 16-year-old going around the countryside literally enacting some kind of goblin genocide while still being touted as the savior of a stupid, old-ass boarding school... very, very ludo-narrative dissonance.

Sarathiour

Cipher
I'm all for forbidden curse having some real impact in a rpg, but it's not like Rowling handled it well herself. By the end of the saga, I'm pretty sure Hermione was spamming imperio around without people really taking an issue about it.

deuxhero

Arcane
honkhonk.png
70b.jpg

Better gameplay wise, but then "students being killed by the player onscreen" will now contribute to the game's rating.
It's already a T rated game. You can have the player kill endless numbers of people and keep a T rating as long as it's done without blood or part loss.

Hagashager

Educated
honkhonk.png
70b.jpg

It's already a T rated game. You can have the player kill endless numbers of people and keep a T rating as long as it's done without blood or part loss.
Anyone remember Jak II on PS2? That was a fun game. You could go on really cartoony rampages in that game but was still rated T. My favorite weapon was that blue mini-gun that shot bullets so fast and hard the Crimson Cops would be suspended in mid-air for the duration of your shooting.

But they're adults trying to harm the player, feels like it would be harder to get away with the player making students go a mimir. I was thinking about this bit from gta5's esrb rating in particular

Players use pistols, machine guns, sniper rifles, and explosives to kill various enemies (e.g., rival gang members); players also have the ability to shoot non-adversary civilians, though this may negatively affect players' progress as a penalty system triggers a broad police search.

I'm pretty sure Hermione was spamming imperio around without people really taking an issue about it.
realistic

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
when has that ever worked

the gaming community's greatest achievement is downvoting EA real hard on reddit

its harry potter. this game would sell even if it had lootboxes in it
Yes, the failure itself is not the seminal event. In my view the whole drama's significance is how it will help separate the woke crowd into "moderates" and "wokeness taliban" camps, highlighing the division. This is a common step in the cycle before a mass movement collapses. I've been half-jokingly chronicling wokeness' going out of fashion since 2020, so that makes the Hogwarts Legacy battle interesting for me.
Sorry for switching to the drama topic again, but there isnt a HP Legacy drama thread, and there isn't much more to this game than the drama, so I guess I just as well might go on about the drama.

As I mentioned I don't have my sources structured in an article, but I've been following the process since 2020. The elections which the more culture-warlike candidate lost, and then the january 6 (regretfully turned deadly) cosplay and its aftereffects.

That "Nerdrotic" youtuber guy has just posted his summary of woke going out of fashion in the areas he is more closely watching: https://youtu.be/9gV2G1KfTmI

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom