Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hogwarts Legacy - Harry Potter open world action RPG prequel set in the late 1800s

Delterius

Arcane
Right... much better to have paedophilic sex with them and really set them up for life??
My grandma got married at 15. She's done pretty well for herself. And it's not "paedophilic sex", as already said last page.
In the UK if a man has sex with a 15 year old girl he's going away for paedophilia. There's no argument here.
the woke state of the USSK

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
In celebration of empress, here is a link of all banned mods that remove the troon shit from hogwarts & other games. It also has the other body and cloth mods that were nuked by the nexus :

https://rentry.org/Non-NewtonianMods#hogwarts-legacy

Good stuff. My woman wants to buy this game for me as a Valentine's day gift, so I can own this game without paying for it myself. I want to convince her that the nude mods are part of the base game. :lol:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

their thread of Dunkey video is locked, bans distributed
theit tip toeing around the topic to avoid ban is amusing, reminds me old shit times under soviet garbage regime where people did simial crap

Funniest part is he spent more time playing Hogwarts Legacy, the game he's not supposed to like, than Forspoken, an SJW-approved game that oozes with cringe.

Mortmal

Arcane

their thread of Dunkey video is locked, bans distributed
theit tip toeing around the topic to avoid ban is amusing, reminds me old shit times under soviet garbage regime where people did simial crap

Funniest part is he spent more time playing Hogwarts Legacy, the game he's not supposed to like, than Forspoken, an SJW-approved game that oozes with cringe.

He just a business man making advertisement money from his forum of freaks, unstable and easy to manipulate folks .There was a niche for totalitarian woke forums he took it and is exploiting it.

well one picture can sum it all, thats what i seen when looking at resetera today, i swear i have not photoshopped anything :

7Z7oBzl.png

Harthwain

Magister
Yes, it's compensation, that's the point.
Then you're making a completely different point, again, because I don't think there is any compensation. I see a discovery more than anything else. Harry Potter has pretty much the same point of view as the readers, which are supposedly the children, considering the book is directed at them. But the way it works, and how almost every character suddenly becomes a guide to the wizarding world, is very natural way of introducing pretty much everyone into this world, aside from the target audience.

Right... much better to have paedophilic sex with them and really set them up for life??
My grandma got married at 15. She's done pretty well for herself. And it's not "paedophilic sex", as already said last page.
In the UK if a man has sex with a 15 year old girl he's going away for paedophilia. There's no argument here.
What do you mean? Just be the right shade of brown or pray towards Mecca enough times a day and you get away with it 9/10 times in the UK.

Nano, you need to take a break from this thread. Just give it a rest for a day. You're starting to slip into dementia.
Dementors are among the foulest creatures that walk this earth. They infest the darkest, filthiest places, they glory in decay and despair, they drain peace, hope, and happiness out of the air around them... Get too near a Dementor and every good feeling, every happy memory will be sucked out of you. If it can, the Dementor will feed on you long enough to reduce you to something like itself... soulless and evil. You will be left with nothing but the worst experiences of your life, and you will just be an empty shell that lost its soul.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Dark thread get darker:

Paler skin mods
For the Chads who don't want to make a Nexus account.
https://files.catbox.moe/smedc3.7z

Panty, thong, and bottomless mods from lovers lab
https://files.catbox.moe/t7lftf.7z
I scanned the files (again) and I find no trace of a virus. Probably discord troons being annoying again.

Bb Riding Attire
https://files.catbox.moe/3xyp5r.zip
Preview

"That unclothed mod from the nuked discord"
https://files.catbox.moe/9kxse3.7z

Unclothed mod, current version 0.2 with fixed seam, still need to wear fingerless gloves
https://files.catbox.moe/trger7.7z

Lotta nude panty mods eh?

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Yes, it's compensation, that's the point.
Then you're making a completely different point, again, because I don't think there is any compensation. I see a discovery more than anything else. Harry Potter has pretty much the same point of view as the readers, which are supposedly the children, considering the book is directed at them. But the way it works, and how almost every character suddenly becomes a guide to the wizarding world, is very natural way of introducing pretty much everyone into this world, aside from the target audience.

It's compensation when adults feel cozy with it, and the popularity-with-adults phenomenon is the thing we're interested in, no? It's no great shakes if some kid's book becomes popular with kids, it happens from time to time. But it's something of note when a kid's book becomes wildly popular with adults, that's much rarer.

The answer I'm giving is the correct one: for large numbers of middle-class English (and more broadly White) people, it was a retreat to a cozy power fantasy as compensation for alienation in a world in which the English (and more generally White people) were losing power as a nation/as nations, becoming demographically marginalized, personally powerless, hated by their governments, and irrelevant - it happened at a cusp moment, as one thing (English/UK/US, etc., power, traditions and sense of destiny) was finally fading out, and another (increasing neoliberalism/globalism, with the wearisome "anomalies" it brings) was on the rise.

Another way of putting it might be that it represented a cheerier sort of ersatz "home" (a place where they were special and belonged) as a psychologically satisficing substitute for the real home they were losing.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I think the simpler answer is that a lot of modern adults are stunted mental children due to an overly coddled upbringing.

People in Western countries have had overly coddled upbringings since the period of prosperity after the post-War recovery. I think this was something that happened at a particular time for more specific reasons.

Mauman

Scholar
In celebration of empress, here is a link of all banned mods that remove the troon shit from hogwarts & other games. It also has the other body and cloth mods that were nuked by the nexus :

https://rentry.org/Non-NewtonianMods#hogwarts-legacy
Wanted to say thank you for this link. I don't care for the nude mods, but it's nice to see where all of the anti-social justice mods go when they get banned.

edit - awww....I hurt Harthwain's feewings :P

Last edited:

Harthwain

Magister
The answer I'm giving is the correct one: for large numbers of middle-class English (and more broadly White) people, it was a retreat to a cozy power fantasy as compensation for alienation in a world in which the English (and more generally White people) were losing power as a nation/as nations, becoming demographically marginalized, personally powerless, hated by their governments, and irrelevant - it happened at a cusp moment, as one thing (English/UK/US, etc., power, traditions and sense of destiny) was finally fading out, and another (increasing neoliberalism/globalism, with the wearisome "anomalies" it brings) was on the rise.
A retreat to a cozy fantasy - I could buy that. But a retreat to a cozy POWER fantasy? I am not seeing it. To me it calls for Occam's razor.

In the first book Lee Jordan was black (or at least I assumed so, because he had dreads, which is typical hairstyle for black people). Angelina Johnson had hairstyle that looked like "worms coming out of her head" (meaning dreads, again). Cho Chang is an asian name, but she appears in the third book. So even then and there you had some (implied) racial diversity, even if not very obvious. I think your impression of "white power" comes mostly from the fact that some a lot of characters weren't really described in depth (or the other way around - were pretty much obvious and encouraged to think that other characters are also white, because otherwise they would've been described as different more clearly), but this should suffice to prove that Hogwarts wasn't really mono-ethnic school.

You also keep implying that the political correctness weighted heavily on the mind of the people back then (before year 2000), but to me it sounds more like an anachronistic superimposing the lens of the Current Year on the past works of Rowling, when they weren't at all political (or at least not as political as they became later on). Then again, I am not British so me seeing a school for wizard dominated by white people was pretty much normal sight and not a reason to get "Ah, home, sweet home...!" feeling. So you can see why I am doubtful about this being the reason for the books' popularity (including worldwide).

Hagashager

Educated
I think the simpler answer is that a lot of modern adults are stunted mental children due to an overly coddled upbringing.
I would argue it's been going since the 1950s.

The Cold War, as in the existential possibility of annihilation that was the Cold War, did a real number on society's long term thinking. Virtually no nation on earth ever attempted to conceive the world past 2000. That just didn't happen. The world was *going* to end. Might as well drive up costs in everything and make the last generation of modern people's lives as cushy as possible.

When the Cold War ended in 1991 there was such an economic boom the world powers figured the costs would sort themselves out.

It didn't, but multiple generations of post-Cold-War kids were raised to live like the world was ending.

Also, holy shit this thread. So now we're at the pedophilia phase?

Last edited:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
A retreat to a cozy fantasy - I could buy that. But a retreat to a cozy POWER fantasy? I am not seeing it. To me it calls for Occam's razor.

In the first book Lee Jordan was black (or at least I assumed so, because he had dreads, which is typical hairstyle for black people). Angelina Johnson had hairstyle that looked like "worms coming out of her head" (meaning dreads, again). Cho Chang is an asian name, but she appears in the third book. So even then and there you had some (implied) racial diversity, even if not very obvious. I think your impression of "white power" comes mostly from the fact that some a lot of characters weren't really described in depth (or the other way around - were pretty much obvious and encouraged to think that other characters are also white, because otherwise they would've been described as different more clearly), but this should suffice to prove that Hogwarts wasn't really mono-ethnic school.

You also keep implying that the political correctness weighted heavily on the mind of the people back then (before year 2000), but to me it sounds more like an anachronistic superimposing the lens of the Current Year on the past works of Rowling, when they weren't at all political (or at least not as political as they became later on). Then again, I am not British so me seeing a school for wizard dominated by white people was pretty much normal sight and not a reason to get "Ah, home, sweet home...!" feeling. So you can see why I am doubtful about this being the reason for the books' popularity (including worldwide).

You keep throwing out what look like irrelevant straw-things questioning points I haven't made, and I'm baffled as to why, but perhaps it's my fault for not making my point clearer. I've tried :)

Harthwain

Magister
You keep throwing out what look like irrelevant straw-things questioning points I haven't made
Really? I questioned the "power fantasy" angle, shortening it to just fantasy. There is no reason for looking for a deeper meaning when a simple one would suffice.

You're also talking about Harry Potter being a retreat for "White people", so I pointed out that Rowling from the very beginning had people of color in the books. Back when there were no social media and even the Google Search (the book released in 1997), so nobody was going to burn Rowling - a debuting author at the time - for not being politically correct (by not writing about them at all).

Hogwart's Legacy, by comparison, is Harry Potter amped up to eleven, because of the social media and the political correctness getting stronger by aforementioned social media amplifying the voices of the few and "video game journalism" feeding off of the "controversies" (so the waves are even larger). I agree it's stupidly ahistorical and unrealistic, given the timeline, even for the setting, but it is still in line with Rowling's Harry Potter not being an exclusive school for "White people". And as such I can't agree with this being the reason for the books popularity.

Hopefully that explains why I made the points that I made when responding to you.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom