Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hogwarts Legacy - Harry Potter open world action RPG prequel set in the late 1800s

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I remember reading the start (maybe the first few paragraphs), cringing, thinking "fuck it's nothing like HP", closing the tab and never looking back

Avarize

Magister
I'd say the decline was already in the fifth. Always preffered the first two because I preffer the fairy tale tone of them to the drama of the latter, but they were all quite solid. Then it all kind of falls apart and becomes an edgefest
The signs of decline were already there but it was still a solid book. Even the edgy tone would have been fine had she not dropped the ball with the later books. In retrospect it should have been obvious she would not be able to deliver. Rowling was only ever good at characters and quirky world building. Plot and consistency were never something she could do.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
What boggles my mind how the fuck this fanfiction become published?
It is not published? It's just printed in russian. Rowling doesn't let fanfiction get published.

It deserves being published though. Because it is great. I'd buy a printed copy, but single print batches are hella expensive.

Readher

Savant
aSPvKVH.png

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
With BALDUR'S GATE 3 implementing accurate sex scenes, if a Harry Potter game with this budget does not I'm going to be severely disappointed.
All I'm saying Hogwarts is a lonely place and these wizards and witches will be challenged and depraved in the Chamber of Secret Pleasures.

They should let us fuck Robert Pattinson too.

He's doing a pretty good job of that himself considering he's decided to be a Diva and purposefully get out of shape and not do what he's told on a Batman film just after the superhero craze is over with and the concept of a Film has been made irrelevant due to the plandemic.. This will all work out fine for him when that flops.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/hogwarts-legacy-harry-potter-game-release-date-delay/

Hogwarts Legacy Report Warns the Game Is in "Trouble"

A new report about Hogwarts Legacy -- the highly-anticipated Harry Potter game currently scheduled to release this year via the PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S, and Xbox Series X -- warns the game is "in some sort of trouble" and in danger of being delayed to 2023. This new report comes on the back of a smattering of rumors and reports that suggested the game was on schedule to release this year and could rear its head at a rumored PlayStation State of Play in February.

The report comes the way of PlayStation insider and Sacred Symbols host, Colin Moriarty, who notes that he has been "hearing behind the scenes that [the] game isn't coming out this year." Unfortunately, this is more or less the extent of the report. Moriarty reveals that he's looking forward to the game, but based on what he's hearing, it needs a bit more time in the oven.

If this is true, it seems unlikely WB Games would resurface the game at a February PlayStation State of Play. Meanwhile, if the game is going to be delayed to 2023 it wouldn't be a great sign. Due to the pandemic, many games have suffered and been delayed, but Hogwarts Legacy was originally slated for 2021. To slip two years wouldn't be the greatest look. That said, this speculation assumes the report is accurate. Moriarty is widely considered a reliable source, however, not only does that not negate the fact this is information of the unofficial variety and subject to change, but that it's at odds with previous and recent reports about the game that claimed it's going to release this year and get a second trailer soon.

At the moment of publishing, WB Games hasn't commented on the report and the speculation it has created. Typically, WB Games does not comment on rumors, reports, leaks or anything of the unofficial and speculative variety. However, if it bucks expectations and issues any type of response, we will be sure to update the story accordingly.

Hogwarts Legacy is in development for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S, and Xbox Series X. For more coverage on the upcoming Harry Potter game, click here.

Alex

Arcane
I'd say the decline was already in the fifth. Always preffered the first two because I preffer the fairy tale tone of them to the drama of the latter, but they were all quite solid. Then it all kind of falls apart and becomes an edgefest
The signs of decline were already there but it was still a solid book. Even the edgy tone would have been fine had she not dropped the ball with the later books. In retrospect it should have been obvious she would not be able to deliver. Rowling was only ever good at characters and quirky world building. Plot and consistency were never something she could do.

You know, this is something I've seen in many works over the years; frequently someone is really good at making interesting characters and worlds; and instead of playing at these strengths, they go for some kind of dumb epic storyline or other that ends up burning up people from their work. One particular game series I remember doing that was the one that started with that Five Days a Stranger point and click adventure; which was pretty fine for a simple, interesting horror adventure (yeah, too light on the puzzles, but we are not arguing about gameplay here) but spoiled things worse in sequels than several of the 70s/80s classics like Friday the 13th or Nightmare on Elm Street did... which, now that I think about it, maybe was even intentional but still was pretty annoying.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Denied: https://www.wizardingworld.com/features/highlights-from-the-wizarding-world-in-2022

The Hogwarts Legacy video game will be arriving this year

2022 is also the year when the highly anticipated console game from Warner Bros. Games’ Portkey Games label, Hogwarts Legacy, is set to be released. Developed by Avalanche Software, this action RPG allows players to be at the centre of their own adventure set during the late 1800s wizarding world. From learning powerful spells and brewing potions, to honing combat skills and taming magical beasts, this game will allow players to experience the magical world as a student at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry like never before as they determine the fate of the entire wizarding world. To watch the trailer and learn more about the game, click here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom