Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hogwarts Legacy - Harry Potter open world action RPG prequel set in the late 1800s

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Can I punch people in this game or not.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

thesecret1

Arcane

Poseidon00

Arcane
Most of the Harry Potter games have been open world action RPGs at this point. PS1 Sorcerer's Stone holds up ngl

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
You can, in a game called "Witch Trainer": https://akabur.itch.io/wt
Fuck you for getting me addicted to this entire new genre I had no idea existed... Trainer games. Disgusting whores these Hogwarts students.
It's a huge time waster, for the occasional hilarious situation. And as erotic imagery, it's nothing amazing imo.
There's a much better trainer, with a lot of content. Much more text oriented, can't remember how it's called right now.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Niggerinx don't tell me you mean Innocent Witches. A gorgeous game but there's so little content it's embarrassing. And the writing is on worst fanfic levels.
Uh, actually I mistook witch trainer for innocent witches. Innocent witches has good art but is absolutely garbage in every other aspect. Witch trainer is great!

Main gameplay is button mash combat... talent system... crafting stat sticks... *snore*. Not quite what I envisoned being a wizard in a the wizarding world would be like.

Would be cool if the potion alchemy gameplay was engaging like Kingdom Come Deliverance's, but I doubt it will be.

I'm not into the bland aesthetic look of the game, though.

This is looking like Dragon Age but with a thin veneer of Harry Potter over it.

Well, they really should have explored one of those other wizarding schools. Not Hogwarts, which has been overexposed for two decades. It's not exciting anymore. A brand new location could bring a sense of genuine discovery, of excitement. Something fresh.

5mB03bu.jpg

Duraframe300

Arcane
Most of the Harry Potter games have been open world action RPGs at this point. PS1 Sorcerer's Stone holds up ngl
The first few games and the Gameboy Games (Which included turn-based rpg's) hold up nowadays. Genuine passion in those games.

Codex Year of the Donut
basically every shot of the entire video
snapshot.jpg

I just can't take modern games seriously anymore, it's supposed to be in the fucking UK not africa
"b-b-but it's a wizarding school!"
there's fucking multiple schools all over the world, it's a major plot of like two of the books
hogwarts is literally a school for fucking british people, not even european people -- which has like three of their own or some shit

this is on the same tier as claiming hermione is black, fucking clownworldia

same exact shit ruined my vampyr experience, why even set it in "hogwarts" if you're going to do this

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
I just can't take modern games seriously anymore, it's supposed to be in the fucking UK not africa
there's fucking multiple schools all over the world, it's a major plot of like two of the books
hogwarts is literally a school for fucking british people, not even european people -- which has like three of their own or some shit

You wrong. A lot of talented students from Wakanda seek fortune and magic in Hogwarts.

vota DC

Augur
basically every shot of the entire video
snapshot.jpg

this is on the same tier as claiming hermione is black, fucking clownworldia

same exact shit ruined my vampyr experience, why even set it in "hogwarts" if you're going to do this
But Hogwarts Is a school of good magic and some curse are even forbidden while in Africa they have only black magic and they teach how to build voodoo zombie armies.

Parsifarka

Arcane
snapshot.jpg

Looks pretty accurate to me. Mods may fix Hogwarts, but Albion is lost. Cope.
TELEMMGLPICT000209060842_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqpVlberWd9EgFPZtcLiMQfy2dmClwgbjjulYfPTELibA.jpeg

Codex Year of the Donut
snapshot.jpg

Looks pretty accurate to me. Mods may fix Hogwarts, but Albion is lost. Cope.
TELEMMGLPICT000209060842_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqpVlberWd9EgFPZtcLiMQfy2dmClwgbjjulYfPTELibA.jpeg
you'd have a point if hogwarts was a school exclusively for london

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
Well this takes place in the 1800s so the modern immigrant heavy demographics of western countries aren't that relevant. Although personally idc how many black students there are, it's not like the rest of Harry Potter's worldbuilding is convincing or authentic.

Game looks pretty bad as expected, the combat looks especially terrible though

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Imagine working hard so you can afford to live in a neighbourhood with a good school, and then your kid trolls you by being magic and the only option is Nogwarts.

Codex Year of the Donut
magic wands, broomsticks and talking hats yet you get triggered by a black dude... he didn't even mug you bro
yeah nobody would ever get upset about something like that and it's definitely NOT a massive double standard
0ljy0yq49zzf.jpg

it's just stupid, I don't care if you want to place the game in india or something but they keep insist on doing this dumb shit. Why bother actually researching and representing a foreign culture when you can just take one you know and replace all the people with different ones?
if I'm playing a harry potter game, I want tea sucking bad teeth brits saying shit like "bloody 'ell"

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom