Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hogwarts Legacy - Harry Potter open world action RPG prequel set in the late 1800s

Berengar

Learned
After all that hyping up... they basically made Bully. :roll:yawn, snooze, etc

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
So they aren't allowed to talk about this game over on Resetera, huh? No threads in sight with Hogwarts in the title.

Delterius

Arcane
from what i understand of the harry potter universe this game is actually about putting down a rebellion against an ethno-supremacist state. also the rebellion consists of an alliance between the (unintended?) jewish allegory and the very much intended nazi allegory.

such incredible world building.

ntonystinson

Scholar
The combat to be honest looks a lot different from how it works in the books/movies and that's a big disappointment. If you get hit without a shield charm in the canon world, that's the end for you not a reduction of your Hotpoint. Even just the disarming spell knocks you off your feet and unless you're Voldemort or Dumbledore himself you wouldn't want to duel more than one wizard at a time

Delterius

Arcane
The combat to be honest looks a lot different from how it works in the books/movies and that's a big disappointment. If you get hit without a shield charm in the canon world, that's the end for you not a reduction of your Hotpoint. Even just the disarming spell knocks you off your feet and unless you're Voldemort or Dumbledore himself you wouldn't want to duel more than one wizard at a time
frankly the big issue for me is that sometimes enemies looked like they were waiting for your animations to finish

Sykar

Arcane
Give me cute wifes!
w0hbktob6sn81.png

There you go, fitting to the game.

plem

Learned
from what i understand of the harry potter universe this game is actually about putting down a rebellion against an ethno-supremacist state. also the rebellion consists of an alliance between the (unintended?) jewish allegory and the very much intended nazi allegory.

such incredible world building.

don't forget they have slaves who totally like being slaves because their whole race is naturally submissive

deuxhero

Arcane

I feel like this would be one of the few times justifying HP as something other than physical health would work. Make the HP the strength of your protective spells, and if you get hit again after that's bypassed, you're fucked. It would also be able to explain why people don't just shoot the player character but guns are a threat in the original's era by simply stating it won't work on higher speed projectiles from smokeless powder (and could be demonstrated by having some later game enemies pack a Lebel or other early smokeless arm).

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
So this is the narrative director:

InCcXeR.png

This is an... interesting choice. Have a look at her resume:

5qyotin.png

3EmGcvo.png
One thing's for sure, she doesn't lack for life experience.

Also, she's a former actress? https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2498309/ Can't tell if that's her, but she looks like a younger version of her.

Sykar

Arcane
Erm Harry Potter was never very creative and has plenty of borderline to outright anti semitic and racist under tones. Like making an entire race of "bankers" tiny, hunchbacked hooknosed whiteys. Or calling the only asian character in the series Ching Chong errr Cho Chang. Of course my favorite is still the African wizard called.... Shacklebolt. Classy JK, real classy. Oh wait no, the most disgusting shit was the race that LOVES being slaves.
iu

Glad I never really got into this shit. The story is also overall pretty trite shite.

Drop Duck

Learned
Erm Harry Potter was never very creative and has plenty of borderline to outright anti semitic and racist under tones. Like making an entire race of "bankers" tiny, hunchbacked hooknosed whiteys.
Listen mate, if you see razor toothed greedy banker goblins and call them anti-Semitic then you're probably the anti-Semite. You must be one of them fellas that think orcs are obviously black people. Tolkien, who popularized them wouldn't agree. You could make the case that the wizards in Harry Potter are an allegory for Jewish people, but that wasn't intended either. Sometimes a wizard is just a wizard and a goblin is just a goblin.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Erm Harry Potter was never very creative and has plenty of borderline to outright anti semitic and racist under tones. Like making an entire race of "bankers" tiny, hunchbacked hooknosed whiteys.
Listen mate, if you see razor toothed greedy banker goblins and call them anti-Semitic then you're probably the anti-Semite. You must be one of them fellas that think orcs are obviously black people. Tolkien, who popularized them wouldn't agree.

That's how Tolkien actually has devised his races when he created Middleearth. Not that I think with malicious motives, but that's how simply most Europeans thought about races at that time.

All fantasy afterwards is derivative of it.

just

Liturgist
I still don't know if the game will let us fuck a time-traveling Hermione. Can someone clarify this issue for me? I just need a Hermione sex trailer to preorder this.
doubt theres going to be whores in the game

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This is probably the first Harry Potter product that I'm actually looking forward to.
I saw the movies, sure, and they were nice, but I am WAY more interested in the world and the setting than I am in the single characters.
And this game promises to deliver an opportunity to have a different look at the setting.

At the same time, what a monumental chance to disappoint and not deliver something interesting at all.
E.g. it would be such a shame if there was no real build variety and we'd end up with something like Witcher 3 where no matter how you build your character, it will play exactly the same each time anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom