Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hogwarts Legacy - Harry Potter open world action RPG prequel set in the late 1800s

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
It applies on both sides you know? This is a gaming thread after all that got deviated once again by crap.

Anyways i got it for my gf she is a super Harry Potter fan. Tho i heard is more action focused than simulative my gf hoped there was sort of simulations whitin the game. We shall watch and see. The game was well reiceved tho and already sold a lot.
There's virtually no "school sim" games that are very good, and certainly none with fancy graphics. Even something like Academagia isn't *that* good a school sim.
I've heard that boarding school fiction is some sort of UK genre. What's the point? Like, what would a good school sim game even do? I don't get it. You can enroll in some courses at a Community College if you want to.

Mauman

Scholar
It applies on both sides you know? This is a gaming thread after all that got deviated once again by crap.

Anyways i got it for my gf she is a super Harry Potter fan. Tho i heard is more action focused than simulative my gf hoped there was sort of simulations whitin the game. We shall watch and see. The game was well reiceved tho and already sold a lot.
There's virtually no "school sim" games that are very good, and certainly none with fancy graphics. Even something like Academagia isn't *that* good a school sim.
That said, if you haven't tried it, there's Hero U: Rogue to redemption.
An excellent suggestion.

Maybe if enough people buy it we'll eventually get that mage sequel

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Is this even remotely interesting as a game, or is it just another reskin of the "Open-world-as-timefiller With Interactive Movie Segments" formula?

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Hogwarts is fucking massive. I'll never remember the layout of this place. It's sure fun to run around in and find shit though. I've been at it for hours.

Also dis game is body shaming.

20230209-012555.jpg

thesecret1

Arcane
About all the character creation shit: You indeed cannot really make a pale character. White, sure, but not pale. That said, you cannot make a truly BLACK nig either, brown is as far as it lets you go. Weird to restrict that slider like that. Also you cannot make a ginger in the game – you can have green hair, blue hair, pink hair, all sorts of shit, but you can't be a ginger. I suspect it's a cultural thing, where a game this British feels obligated to take a shit on the Irish.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
i dont know anything about this game but the fact that someone made a search engine for the sole reason of shaming streamers who play it is the most first world problem i can think of

why would you care if someone plays this

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
About all the character creation shit: You indeed cannot really make a pale character. White, sure, but not pale. That said, you cannot make a truly BLACK nig either, brown is as far as it lets you go. Weird to restrict that slider like that. Also you cannot make a ginger in the game – you can have green hair, blue hair, pink hair, all sorts of shit, but you can't be a ginger. I suspect it's a cultural thing, where a game this British feels obligated to take a shit on the Irish.

Wasn't Harry's gay friend a ginger in the movies?

thesecret1

Arcane
There are loads of ginge Brits. I'd say the Scots are more prone to ginger than the Paddies, having lived up there.
That's two for the price of one then. Those skirt-wearing pansies and potato-loving inbreds ought to pay for making fun of glorious english teeth

thesecret1

Arcane
Wasn't Harry's gay friend a ginger in the movies?
He was. Extremely ginger in fact. The game even features his ancestor. Her hair is... brown. Jokes aside, I have no idea wtf is up with that. You just aren't allowed to be a ginger in this game.

Mortmal

Arcane

Academagia was not good at all, it gets sympathy here cause its indie. it was really lacking of spices , bland and generic potter clone taking no risks at all.

Why is this thread nearly 70 pages long?

Its a fucking Harry Potter adaptation! Nobody over the age of 16 should give a shit!

Pray to god everybody's trolling in here and not genuinely invested in this shite.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
About 5 hours in and I finally ran into the tranny character. It has an adam's apple bigger than mine and doesn't even attempt to put on a feminine voice. It spends it's days serving alcohol to minors at a sketchy pub in Hogsmeade. It tried to get my 15 year old character drunk but one of the other villains entered the pub and unwittingly foiled the sicko's plot. Shortly after I began casting spells at the twisted sex pervert in hopes I could banish it back to the underworld. It didn't work..
:negative:

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
About 5 hours in and I finally ran into the tranny character. It has an adam's apple bigger than mine and doesn't even attempt to put on a feminine voice. It spends it's days serving alcohol to minors at a sketchy pub in Hogsmeade. It tried to get my 15 year old character drunk but one of the other villains entered the pub and unwittingly foiled the sicko's plot. Shortly after I began casting spells at the twisted sex pervert in hopes I could banish it back to the underworld. It didn't work..
:negative:
based chungus anti tranny game

Eat your goyslop faggot.

Reina

Arcane
Its a fucking Harry Potter adaptation! Nobody over the age of 16 should give a shit!

If anything, it's aimed precisely at folks who were teens when HP was THE cultural phenomenon.

Being smug and elitist about someone else's favourite piece of media is kind of stupid, you know. Every person and every generation has their own similar hit. To give an example, entire generation of Germans were bough up on Karl May's novels, which fundamentally were nothing but silly pieces of power fantasy in largely made-up western/arabic setting. Yet for many great Germans (and those not so great too :>) they became most beloved stories for the rest of their lives.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom