Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress How could Itz happen to me?

LundB

Mistakes were made.
This crap just ain't realistic on any level, teenage hormones should've kicked in long ago and Naoko should have spread her legs after the second or third date. I mean, what is she, really? A loser like you, sent back in time to redeem herself, only from the age of 70 or something? Would explain a lot, because her mentality is that of an elderly housewife, what with the "hello DEAR", "I like cooking!" and non-existent sex drive.

If you kleep in mind that the writers are weeaboos who apparently think it is super hard and could take a ton of tries to do something as simple as not being a loser during high school, the reasons for their unrealistic portrayal of the average high school girl, as well as all the other derpery present in the game, become quite clear.

I mean, these are people who thought a good response when Naoko said 'omg you gave me a compliment, I'm so embarrassed!' was to apologise in terror and change the subject.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Naoko: Do you really think I could make money with a crazy idea like making food and delivering it to people? Has such a thing ever been attempted before in the history of food service?

:hmmm:

If you kleep in mind that the writers are weeaboos who apparently think it is super hard and could take a ton of tries to do something as simple as not being a loser during high school, the reasons for their unrealistic portrayal of the average high school girl, as well as all the other derpery present in the game, become quite clear.

I mean, these are people who thought a good response when Naoko said 'omg you gave me a compliment, I'm so embarrassed!' was to apologise in terror and change the subject.
The changes in tone mid conversation are so abrupt and halting it feels like each character was written by a different person who only have a vague notion of what the other characters' final lines would be. I've lost count of the number of times one character would say something slightly sarcastic or joking and the next would respond with complete seriousness. At least the super awkward transitions in and out of scenes are somewhat understandable.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
a 2 star team of writers with 5 star drive is what i'd describe this project, maybe if they kickstart a sequel and offer a writing position for $250 i'd sign up right away.
i'll write an Ukrainian redhead into the story.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
And will Sky-chan's route culminate in her admission of having played the first 'Shira Oka' 7 times?

RK47

Patron
More like dating her ex 7 times before declaring it was terrible. We need to help her overcome that.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
More like dating her ex 7 times before declaring it was terrible. We need to help her overcome that.

Too bad we need to compete for her affections with a big, strong, and highly-decorated soldier, Arma-kun.

RK47

Patron
:lol: Oh yeah. That too. And the Hiroshi 2.0 that beats the protag up and shove a broken off bar stool into the player's rectum.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
:lol: Hivoshi.

Man, if I ever get surgery with a long boring recovery time again, my mind will probably break from sheer boredom and a Codex VN will get so very made.

Looking forward to the HHR-chan path, including the part where you have to pull her out of the tormented state of guilt resulting from the time when, in a lapse from her strong Christian principles, she allows you (or someone else) to deflower her before marriage.

RK47

Patron
It won't be complete without Jaesun's path. The path of the snake. Ssssssssssss.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
a 2 star team of writers with 5 star drive is what i'd describe this project, maybe if they kickstart a sequel and offer a writing position for $250 i'd sign up right away.
i'll write a tranny redhead into the story.

:obviously:

If you fail a critical check, a finnish neo nazi ubermench takes a dump on your manwomans chest and you'll have to clean it in the h-scene.

Anyway, what is it with these kinds of games and people only ever having 2 sets of clothes? How can the girls diss RK-chans fashion sense when they've been wearing the same dress for a year?

So we've been in this game for over a year...
Did anyone else notice the seasons didn't change at all?

Yui mentions that too, I think there is some kind of secret there. (And seems like all the routes have some absurd thing going on).

In before WINTER IS COMING!

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Anyway, once you fail and get sent back, you should go for another skirt. Naokos tits are 'k and going for her cockblocks Hiroshi (a noble goal to be sure). But she's so bland.

ranceawesome.jpg
Say, who was on the swimming team again? Do they wear skimpy bikini outfits?

Shadenuat

Arcane

Aya. The INT <5 girl who'll run into trouble with KGB and you'll need to persuade her that her best friend is an alien queen and make her a blaster from trashbins to fight her. As a final gift you get her picture in pijamas (no skin shown).

You still want?

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Contrary to what the genre might have one expect, Shira Oka isn't so much about picking the best or most appealing girl as it is a matter of vainly hoping to find the least repulsive one and then endure her awful dialogue and events until the arrival of the sweet release that is the end of the game. Then again, it would seem the atrocity actually loops, robbing the player of even that satisfaction. Words alone cannot describe this crime against humanity.

Really, I cannot imagine how RK manages to cope with it all. A lesser man would have quit the game or killed himself long ago.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Really, I cannot imagine how RK manages to cope with it all. A lesser man would have quit the game or killed himself long ago.

dakkon.jpg

Endure, and in enduring grow strong.
It is Zerthimon's will that you *know* this.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Yep. That's what happens if you don't grind shit up to 30 points minimum... and that's just to avoid F's - barely.

As I said... skillpoints grinding Purgatory. On the service of angel who forgot she promised to make your life better and just uses you to fix other people's lives.

...the most evil, psychologically horrifying game in existance. Groundhog Day gone Darkside. Quantium Leap with Chaotic-Evil helper. Back to The Future with Biff as the president. Cats and dogs living togeth--... okay I think you got the idea.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
In any normal dating sim the angel would at least offer a pity fuck after so many failures. But here of course she's the most retarted loli of them all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom