Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime How is the spanish translation of Planescape: Torment?

damicore

Augur
I've been procrastinating this game for a really long time and now am about to start it but should I play it in decadent english or in a more refined language like spanish?
Spanish-speaking bros of the codex, should I even bother with this patch? Is it any good or should I instead play the english version :decline:?

#JRPG #BURRITOS

Gregz

Arcane
FanTASTICO!

fullsizephoto267407.jpg

Elthosian

Arcane
La traducción es fenomenal:

dLRnN75.png
*Captura sacada de los primeros cinco minutos, en spoiler por si acaso.

La única pega que le puedo poner es que algunas de las descripciones de las estadísticas y de los alineamientos salen cortadas como en la siguiente imagen:

jzprr8v.png

Pero lo mismo es cosa de la mini-resolución a la que me toca jugar, y de todas formas lo más probable es que como buen codexiano ya sepas de sobra lo que representa cada atributo y alineamiento monoculo.jpg

suejak

Arbiter
Patron
Village Idiot
I mean, the original is English. It's famous for its English writing. If you speak English, why the hell would you choose Spanish? lol

Visbhume

Prophet
The nuances of the 'chant' spoken by the NPCs in the slums are likely to be lost, unless they hired Arturo Pérez-Reverte to translate it as Spanish Golde Age germanía.

(Captain Alatriste RPG anyone?)

Last edited:

zwanzig_zwoelf

Never understood why people would ask for a translation rather than invest some time into learning. Spend some years with learning and practicising, then enjoy.
Or eat fanmade shit until you die.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Never understood why people would ask for a translation rather than invest some time into learning. Spend some years with learning and practicising, then enjoy.
I basically agree, but I could see someone being curious about a translation after having played the original already.

zwanzig_zwoelf

I basically agree, but I could see someone being curious about a translation after having played the original already.
Well, my statement is exluded when original language is from the different 'language family', and will take too long and too hard for the average human to learn and understand (e.g. original language is in Japanese/Chinese/Korean, while the player speaks English/German/French). Though playing games for the language practice is a good thing.

rrc2soft

Educated
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I've been procrastinating this game for a really long time and now am about to start it but should I play it in decadent english or in a more refined language like spanish?
Spanish-speaking bros of the codex, should I even bother with this patch? Is it any good or should I instead play the english version?

Damicore, I guess you know it, but a Spanish patch can be found here:
http://academia.clandlan.net/?page=academia/view&id=49&title=Traduccion_de_Planescape_Torment

dehimos

Augur

Because I want play the game now, because my english isn't perfect, etc. O porque el sistema educativo español ha sido siempre una puta mierda.

Clan Dlan is famous for its excellent translations.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Because I want play the game now, because my english isn't perfect, etc. O porque el sistema educativo español ha sido siempre una puta mierda.

Jeg taler ikke ditt lorte språg, du fedte kussa.

dehimos

Augur

The comment was for the spanish. It's easy to say "learn English" without understanding the cultural and educational conditions.

zwanzig_zwoelf

The comment was for the spanish. It's easy to say "learn English" without understanding the cultural and educational conditions.
English is a pretty easy language once you learn how the logic goes and automate it. Same shit goes for every other language - it's hard to get shit 'in the box' when you've just started.

dehimos

Augur
zwanzig_zwoelf, you don't understand this. In Spain (not speak for South America) translates everything. There are very few original content (or subtitled) and the education system has never helped.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
zwanzig_zwoelf, you don't understand this. In Spain (not speak for South America) translates everything. There are very few original content (or subtitled) and the education system has never helped.

It's true, I remember watching Batman Forever dubbed to Spanish in Madrid in the 90s. Lots of laughing ensued. :lol: In Brazil we are at least monocled enough to use subtitles in the movies. As for games, there is a new trend of dubbing those AAA games here, but I wouldn't know, since I haven't bought a physical game box in many years, much less this popamole shit. I only buy directly from the internet (Gog, Gamersgate, Steam, Kickstarter, etc).

zwanzig_zwoelf

Right now I live in such a place where only a couple of people actually speak English (though it is taught in almost every school, as far as I know), not to mention that I've met only one person who has some knowledge of Swedish, though by the time we've met I've already forgotten much of it. Also, the games are also translated, but I never bothered to actually learn their language - it's even worse than Spanish for me.
So I pretty much understand you, bro.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Just accept the fact that the US has culturally dominated your pathetic part of the world and play the game in the only language that matters - American.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
No seas boludo y jugalo en el idioma original. Por mas que la traduccion sea correcta siempre hay expresiones y significados que se pierden al traducirlos a otro idioma.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom