Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How many of you are former FromSoftware fans?

Ezekiel

Arcane
Sick of being hit as soon as I attack the enemy. They can hit so suddenly and swiftly, but my retarded character can't even hold his sword in a ready stance for a quicker hit (or parry).

6dbd2584e2bc20c34fe38ec007128dfe.jpg

Last edited:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
My favourite thing in all these games is how they feel the need to balance daggers by making their attacks only 15% faster than swinging a fucking 80lbs hammer by giving them retarded amounts of flourish. When combined with the reach and stagger factors, it makes carrying a giant unwieldy weapon the safe option.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Critique of long-running Japanese gamedevs: you guys keep putting out the same game, year after year.

Critique of long-running western gamedevs:

1719368991098.png

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Just circling around, rolling, rolling, rolling

Well, there's your problem.

This looks like pure pattern memorization.

Definitely a fair bit of that. He also had to use a spirit ash anyways, at that point just use the mimic tear and beat her down in 10 seconds. Lastly, I think that was on an earlier patch. Pretty sure you'd lose more stamina while blocking on current patch, which would make phase one impossible.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Sick of being hit as soon as I attack the enemy. They can hit so suddenly and swiftly, but my retarded character can't even hold his sword in a ready stance for a quicker hit (or parry).

6dbd2584e2bc20c34fe38ec007128dfe.jpg
After I said this, they asked me what weapon I'm using. Like that makes a difference. Recommended me the katana, so I said...

'Kay, let's look at your katana. I haven't found one in Elden Ring, but assume it's still mostly the same as fifteen years ago, since they only make one game.

WoSayp7.jpeg

Zc8xe8v.jpeg

xyGTuye.jpeg

Same as my example of the four European stances, Shit-for-Brains holds the sword neutrally down at her side, even when locked on, making the action less responsive as you have to watch her pull back before she can strike. FromSoftware keeps making enemy animations quicker, weirder and harder to read, while doing very little with your movesets.

I once forgave these things because their games gave me what I couldn't find anywhere else, but they've become so fucking boring.

I don't even move the lock-on from shit button R3 because there is no hold option. Prefer holding shoulder button or trigger because you actively feel when you are in Z-targeting mode and strafing is just built in even when there is no target. Can't do that with shit button R3 because it can't be held easily at an angle. Toggling is SHIT.

9tAH5WQ.jpeg

Not to mention the cam getting locked while targeting. Shit-for-Brains can't turn neck to see self back towards fall while fighting.

Last edited:

Ezekiel

Arcane
Regret not using that Gossip Stone when I talked about the benefit of targeting in my Batman critique video. Nobody watched the full thing anyway, but still.

jaekl

Learned
Patron
I will only buy the next dark souls game if they allow you to turn particle effects off in the options menu. I've had enough eye strain, people are gonna start thinking I'm Japanese with all the squinting I do playing these games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom