Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How NMA ruined Fallout 3 for everyone

Ladonna

Arcane
Take a tissue then Mikhail.

Just get it all out and you will feel much better.

Amasius

Augur
Mikail said:
I think sneaking into the conference was lame. Also, I think some of the questions in the Q&A portion were loaded. I agree with your opinion of Fallout 3, but your behavior is childish.
Mikail, the Quarter to Three forum is affecting your mind adversely. Or is it the Codex? Or both? Eh...

Joe Krow

Erudite
Mikail said:
I think sneaking into the conference was lame. Also, I think some of the questions in the Q&A portion were loaded. I agree with your opinion of Fallout 3, but your behavior is childish.
I agree it is lame... that they had to sneak.

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Lumpy

Arcane
I still don't understand how the NMA'ers were deceitful. Were they supposed to scream out "I'm from NMA!", or what? How is attending a meeting for another company, which willingly offers you the place, in any way deceitful?

Micmu

Magister
They had to sneak right through the front door, with valid passes with their names on them.
It's the next-gen, dumbed down sneaking.

Bluebottle

Erudite
Patron
Dead State Wasteland 2
Mikail said:

Loaded questions?
At a PR junket?

How could you NMA? HOW COULD YOU???

sheek

Arbiter
I'm not sure who's worse, the NMA nerds for still caring so passionately about F3 or the PC World hack for bothering with such nobodies.

sheek

Arbiter
GeneralSamov said:
sheek said:
How many Slovenians does it take to make an internet forum suck?
One. You, with all your alts.

Briosafreak said:
sheek said:
I'm not sure who's worse, the NMA nerds for still caring so passionately about F3 or the PC World hack for bothering with such nobodies.
You.
You guys been taking "stupid comebacks" classes together?

Briosafreak

Augur
sheek said:
GeneralSamov said:
sheek said:
How many Slovenians does it take to make an internet forum suck?
One. You, with all your alts.

Briosafreak said:
sheek said:
You.
You guys been taking "stupid comebacks" classes together?

No, you have.

SuAside

Novice
MaxiMegalon Institute of Slowly and Painfully Work
Mikail said:
explain what was childish then?

oh, and i didnt actually sneak in, i was a legitimate member of the press afterall... god forbid a member of the press might also actually be a fan and even a member of NMA! oh noez!

Briosafreak said:
No, you have.
oh lulz...

so lame it is actually funny. *sigh*

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Mikail said:
Childish? Never heard of investigative journalism before? Google "journalist sneaked" and see what comes up.

In other words, don't be an idiot.

Deleted member 7219

Mikail said:

Someone dumbfuck this guy. He has to be a dumbfuck for totally ignoring the rest of this thread.

Severian Silk

Vault Dweller said:
Childish? Never heard of investigative journalism before? Google "journalist sneaked" and see what comes up.

I don't think going to a press conference counts as investigative journalism. :wink:

explain what was childish then?
The sneaking and the loaded questions. The preview itself was great!

Vault Dweller

Developer
Mikail said:
Vault Dweller said:

I don't think going to a press conference counts as investigative journalism. :wink:
Rephrasing what Dark Sign said, it does when:

a) access to information is restricted and available only to those willing to misinform or not to inform
b) every other way of getting the information failed
c) the outcome is the only detailed and unbiased information, allowing other people to form opinions instead of relying on someone else's ("the game is awesome; you gonna love it, trust me!")

sheek

Arbiter
Vault Dweller said:
Mikail said:
OK

google said:
Skull and Bones secret society!!!
An american journalist sneaked in to Bohemian Grove a few years ago and took some fascinating footage of what went on there.
Is that the kind of journalist NMA emulate?

Try again. You don't seem too smart yourself.

Vault Dweller

Developer
sheek said:
google, 1st result ...
Is that the kind of journalist NMA emulate?
Let's see what else is there.

"An American journalist who sneaked into Nagasaki soon after the Japanese city was leveled by a U.S. atomic bomb found a "wasteland of war" and victims moaning from the pain of radiation burns in downtown hospitals. ..."

"...a journalist sneaked in with a judge on an inspection, and exposed prison conditions."

"Now a journalist, Godwin sneaked into the area that had been cordoned off by the army and found signs of gruesome massacres."

"A British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) journalist who sneaked into the region was the first to report the severe and hidden drought to the World in the middle of 2000. Journalist permitted later on to report the famine to world, reported that the region was devastated and almost completely isolated from the World and even Ethiopia. What happened to the grain and medical supplies shipments during the famine crisis? "

"...dressed up as a peasant and sneaked into a prison to interview a group of farmers jailed by a corrupt official. "

" Prison guard or corrections officer? Is the latter a prettified term for an unattractive job? You might change your mind after reading the profoundly eye-opening Newjack: Guarding Sing Sing, by Ted Conover

Conover is a distinguished participatory journalist who in Coyotes sneaked across the Rio Grande with illegal aliens and in Rolling Nowhere rode the rails with hoboes. For Newjack he actually became his subject, having been denied permission to watch corrections officers on their rounds. Under his real name-prison brass never bothered to check out his history-Conover spent seven mind-numbing weeks at the training academy and walked the decaying 170-year-old galleries of New York's mythic Sing Sing Penitentiary for a full year as a bona fide "newjack," a rookie officer."

You're right. These are horrible people who are setting up bad examples for our youth. If one wants information, that's what official reports are for.

Try again. You don't seem too smart yourself.
Not everyone is as smart as you are.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
what's the harm that could come from this shit again?
i'm sure it could be fixed with a 90% review of the full game.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Gotta ask you NMA guys. With all that sneaking stuff you guys went through where the hell were your sneaking suits?!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom