Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How Will WOTC New Approach to Races Effect the Future CRPG?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm expecting to everyone starts as a transparent blob. No race, no skin, no size, no gender, no sex. Nothing. Only a blob. That's the future.
The ultimate consumer has no identity. This lowers production costs, because you don't have to develop products for groups with different common traits.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The alignment system comes from Michael Moorcock's Elric more than anything. The entire Lawful/Neutral/Chaotic and Good/Neutral/Evil axis specifically. Elric was Chaotic Good at best and Chaotic Neutral at worst.

The term races is not just an American thing. Plenty of Europeans used the entire race thing as well to push for eugenics. It's only a problem now because the SJWs are extremely racist and want to hide that racism.

I mean eugenics beats malgenetics. Peeps gonna eugenics on the sly whatever you do, might as well get that shit above board.

No the alignment system comes from the whole of human history. Law and the Good predate Moorcock for fuck's sake.
Picking an intelligent and attractive mate of the opposite sex is already eugenics btw. Mindblowing for the purplehairs.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Why isn’t there an emerging based alternative for the declining TTRPG?

And there is. OSR games are becoming more and more popular. The decline in TT is so big that if D&D 4E was launched today, it would be a success. Look to Paizo, they got a massive success by cloning 3E while WoTC was going full balance cultism route and now are copying 4E and 5E with PF2E.

Here is a review of a OSR game. We need more games like this and Lamentations of the Flame princess. And less woke BS.

Supplement in 1992: 200 page book about a single class, tons of lore, introduces a dozen kits, equipment, etc.,

Supplement in 2022: here's some optional rules or something idk

Yep. I really miss TSR...

Picking an intelligent and attractive mate of the opposite sex is already eugenics btw. Mindblowing for the purplehairs.

The modern government exists to promote disgenics.

"cancel culture" exists specifically to prevent this.

Some people do triumph over cancel culture. Many members of the "comics gate" are getting a lot of money. Blade Devil from RAging Golden eagle got US$330k https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/blade-devil-ghosts-of-the-past-graphic-novel#/

But is a matter of time till crippling regulations come and the entertainment industry will be monopolized by few woke companies with strong association with activist investors(like FriendlyMerchant hu3hu3 jk). BTW, I've a opportunity to ask my boss in a informal conversation what he would do if the government imposes affirmative action programs in his company, he said that he would leave his country, most of our clients are from outside of our country.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
And there is. OSR games are becoming more and more popular. The decline in TT is so big that if D&D 4E was launched today, it would be a success. Look to Paizo, they got a massive success by cloning 3E while WoTC was going full balance cultism route and now are copying 4E and 5E with PF2E.

That's all geek to me.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

That's all geek to me.

But are quite interesting. I really loved the cryomancer in that book. "but is way worse than the vanilla magician", I know, but who cares? If something is suboptimal but fun, why not? Sure, losing a lot of spells and in a campaign where there are a lot of undeads, I can see it as the worst magic specialization but fun non the less. BTW, a mere zombie in this game is not like a weak 5E zombie.

If Woketards made a class like that, it would't have any drawback, would't lose spell options, have penalty to save vs fire and so on. And yes, a normal magician can chose between 33 tier 1 spells to learn, a cryomancer, only 18.

Last edited:

notpl

Arbiter
It won't. RPG makers already couldn't help themselves when it came to making noble "I'm not like the other girls" orcs/drow/whatever else in prior editions, and if somebody wants to write a simple plot where there's a big scary tribe of monster people that all attack you on sight in 5e, they're going to do it anyway. Hope this helps.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
s0kacaF.jpg
lgG366C.jpg
K8BIrVj.jpg

9Kz5xeU.jpg

P8KZBJc.jpg

xpV9nk4.jpg

F0kXs5Y.jpg
aXhOoHm.jpg

7ouMLTz.jpg

Hp1a8Rg.jpg

ur6jAaE.jpg

T6FK1mZ.jpg

DVVPkTA.jpg

2AhW5uw.jpg

6n1ZuCT.jpg

amBxA9V.jpg

dMVwfbM.jpg

aXLUBnX.jpg

LkNUMDR.jpg

RHD1ijN.jpg

Y4CZ51I.jpg
mDRSamC.jpg

vqjNoZE.jpg

ZaO0jAT.jpg

Q7YboEH.jpg

mzXA8ew.jpg

Nzbtq45.jpg

722bv7i.jpg

sKIkmqv.jpg

jtIQ1Wa.jpg

yBNGs6G.jpg

wWjkl61.jpg

VyBIlul.jpg

By3IcUf.jpg

YvXRfh0.jpg

yEqGVQf.jpg

0ixCgjd.jpg

OzhqOrB.jpg

qTkuIqR.jpg

ZAcemDs.jpg

Td7yQnx.jpg

SsKg85x.jpg

qgQYGdJ.jpg

6uaKSFp.jpg

mf5GcZF.jpg

1h4ixnw.jpg

woyKOxr.jpg

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I forget, that's objectifying and the bluehairs feel shamed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom