Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HUMANKIND - Amplitude's historical turn-based strategy

Vatnik Wumao
Persians as an Industrial culture is a bit odd too. And no Arabs anywhere?
You have the Achaemenids as a classical culture too. Same as with Japan and China which have both an early modern (Edo and Ming respectively) and a contemporary variant.

As for the Arabs, you have the medieval Umayyads and the contemporary Egyptians.

Hellraiser

Arcane
It feel weird to see they've put in ZULUs as an industrial era culture with its unique unit "village man with spear" along other cultures of the same era with gunpowder.

Should have just added Ethiopia if they needed more africans. I could kinda understand seeing Zulus in Civ II alongside all the lol north american injuns due to american-bias towards anglo-centric world history, but the french have no excuse for putting them into their game.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It feel weird to see they've put in ZULUs as an industrial era culture with its unique unit "village man with spear" along other cultures of the same era with gunpowder.

Wasn't better to put them in earlier eras?
They didn't exist in earlier eras so that wouldnt make sense.

At least this dangerhair infested game portrays the truth of "Village man with spear" in the Victorian era, rather than having them be some wakanda high tech superpower dasss ryte.

CaesarCzech

Scholar

Wasn't better to put them in earlier eras?
They didn't exist in earlier eras so that wouldnt make sense.

At least this dangerhair infested game portrays the truth of "Village man with spear" in the Victorian era, rather than having them be some wakanda high tech superpower dasss ryte.

Do they have higher morale and are they effective in ambush or forest and jungle ? lets be honest it does take guts to go against superior enemy with bunch of spears. I figure ambush unit that with very high morale that dies easier than most units would be interesting niche and would mean that you cant just rout them.

Also while i dont like devs willingness to use a fucking Denuvo in first place the fact that they took it out because it was interfering with performance and they wouldnt be able to fix it before release so they took it out is still positive imho.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
They were desperate for black representation beyond the stone age and the Zulus are the only ones who were mildly relevant. Thats as much thought as they put into it.

Luka-boy

Arcane
Do they have higher morale and are they effective in ambush or forest and jungle ? lets be honest it does take guts to go against superior enemy with bunch of spears. I figure ambush unit that with very high morale that dies easier than most units would be interesting niche and would mean that you cant just rout them.
They seem to be focused on human waves capable of lashing out quickly from their region with easier militia creation, faster regeneration and their unique unit also having a bit of a bonus against stronger units to not get butchered so easily.
https://humankind.fandom.com/wiki/Zulu

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
That nigger in a coat. Looks like he was added after the rest of the picture was made. Fucking woke shite everywhere.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
i'm a homo herectus, then i develop into egyptian and... drum roll... now i'm japanese!

this game is retarded.

Indeed its extremely retarded and makes absolutely no fucking sense. If they wanted to mix up traits, they should have just made each era transition make you choose a perk and not a culture. This looks like stupid politics making into game design.

i said nothing about it when i tried the first playable version because, with endless optimism, i hoped "these are just placeholders, they'll either branch the cultures or use them the standard way", but i knew it would have never happened. and in fact it didn't. we live in a society.

spectre

Arcane
So what's the KKK about this game? I saw little of it (what a shitty non-informative site) and what I saw did not impress me one bit.
Well, it's not out yet (nevermind the obvious consideration that what we're getting on the 17th probably will just be a glorified beta build).
It's not something I'd seriously consider pre-ordering or buying, but I do plan to give the demo an honest poke, but only because Old World proved to be a bit of a disappointment,
so it's either that or dusting off Civ4 mods again.

So what's the KKK about this game? I saw little of it (what a shitty non-informative site) and what I saw did not impress me one bit.
the game's not out yet. my impression from the very first playable build was "one of the worst disasters ever, way worse than civ6", and looks like it hasn't changed much.

Last edited:

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
the gamen's not out yet. my impression from the very first playable build was "one of the worst disasters ever, way worse than civ6", and looks like it hasn't changed much.

That bad huh?

From the videos it looks like Endless Legend reskinned to look like Civ, and greatly dumbed down. Plus lul you identify as a different culture every few turns because whatever the hell these days.

flyingjohn

Arcane

They actually made a proper mad system compared to generic first strike rules in other 4x games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom