Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Imprisoned Hyperion - first-person RPG inspired by Arx Fatalis

Hvor

Arcane
Developer
What did you change?
I'll copy the text of Monday's patch.

Added an additional impact from hitting the NPS, now the weapon briefly slows down after the damage is done.
Reworked controls, which fixed a few rare bugs.
Now for a hard hit it is necessary to press the left button of the mouse, and the pressed button produces a series of strikes.
Weakened projectiles of NPC mages, and all magical projectiles of the player strengthened.
Damage dealt by enemies decreased
Reduced chance for NPCs to block a hit
Fixed a bug where NPCs dealt damage without attacking with weapons.
Removed the mechanics when NPCs of the same faction began to fight with each other
Sounds of combat NPC now disappear at a distance
Recalibrated the animation of the attack from NPC and the player
Also fixed some incorrect NPC names

Also reduced HUD, removed the quick access panel.
Added a bar showing the health of the enemy and his name.

Hvor

Arcane
Developer
How is magic in this game?
You need to equip the book of magic as a weapon in the inventory slot.
There are 3 types of attack as weapons.
1 - shot
2 - hold (usually something like a flamethrower)
3 - buff (but not always) if you press the block button.

The game has 5 books of magic, each with its own 3 effects.

If you take the book of earth magic as an example, it has 3 spells
1 - shoots a stone which can be used as a step or to block the way of the enemy.
2 - Creates an area where enemies are slowed and can be set on fire
3 - Creates a cloud of poisonous gas

Fargus

Arcane
Unimpressed. I think even copying and pasting outdated and clunky Arx Fatalis' melee combat system over this will be an improvement. Just my opinion. But keep doing your thing, nigger. Even attempting to make an immersive sim these days takes balls.

Hvor

Arcane
Developer

Added a craft to the game. Also released patch 1.2.0 today.
I hope the game is better with it.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
There seems to be something wonky with the lighting. I mean, you are walking around with a lightsaber that burns my eyes, yet it only illuminates the PC? The same thing with the molten metal in the forge.

Hvor

Arcane
Developer
There seems to be something wonky with the lighting. I mean, you are walking around with a lightsaber that burns my eyes, yet it only illuminates the PC? The same thing with the molten metal in the forge.
This is "Emissive color" you think it's too high?

Hvor

Arcane
Developer
Hvor you should totally make this into an Avowed killer and watch Obsidian seethe.
Seriously, I've been waiting for this game since it was first announced two years ago. There aren't many games like this and I'm very interested in how obsidian will do. I hope it will be something really made with heart and not another plug for game pass

Hvor

Arcane
Developer
Updated the demo for the next part of the game.
It would be interesting to hear the opinions of players who played the demo of the first part. i think i've grown a lot this year.
Demo

Fink

Novice
Gotta respect this guy's determination
Still haven't played the first...
I played the first.

It was impressive that one dude made it, but at the same time it seemed like he just burned out on developing and released it as is - which was absolutely not even close to feeling like a finished product.

Instead of fixing the game he seems to have gone straight to a sequel which, judging from the trailer alone, is going to wind up the same as the first.

Hvor I admire what talent and determination you have to come this far - it's more than I can say I have - but at the same time it seems like you just give up at some point and release an unfinished game. Check out RatTower's game Monomyth. It's very similar to your game but he has spent like five+ (probably way more) years developing it. I feel like you need to be more patient or something, IDK. Like even the trailer is janky, bro.

Hvor

Arcane
Developer
This game seems very interesting. What spells are present in game?
There are books in the game that are used as weapons. When you pick up a book, you can shoot a fireball, for example. Mostly attack spells, but there is an interesting spell that greatly reduces gravity for the player (you can call it flight).

Hvor

Arcane
Developer
Gotta respect this guy's determination
Still haven't played the first...
I played the first.

It was impressive that one dude made it, but at the same time it seemed like he just burned out on developing and released it as is - which was absolutely not even close to feeling like a finished product.

Instead of fixing the game he seems to have gone straight to a sequel which, judging from the trailer alone, is going to wind up the same as the first.

Hvor I admire what talent and determination you have to come this far - it's more than I can say I have - but at the same time it seems like you just give up at some point and release an unfinished game. Check out RatTower's game Monomyth. It's very similar to your game but he has spent like five+ (probably way more) years developing it. I feel like you need to be more patient or something, IDK. Like even the trailer is janky, bro.
The second part in my opinion turned out much better than the first on release, I took into account many mistakes. All the testers who played the first part and the second part said that the second part is much better.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom