Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Imprisoned Hyperion - first-person RPG inspired by Arx Fatalis

Hvor

Arcane
Developer
I played about 10 mins of the demo yesterday before I had to leave to run some errands. I will come back to it.

Aside from melee combat lacking any feeling of impact (as already mentioned itt) I would also point out that the weapon/torch models in the players hands seem both too close to the face and too far to the peripheries, if you know what I mean. It feels slightly claustrophobic.

When you hover over some equipment in the inventory, eg. the sword, it says "press R to equip". Pressing R does not equip the weapon however, I had to click and drag it. What pressing R does it ready the weapon once it's already equipped. I think your choice of words made this take longer than nessecary to figure out.

Aside from that, this seems like a good effort all in all. Keep it up and keep working and I think you'll have a decent game on your hands one day.

Quick edit: I also think the HUD in the screenshot in the first post of this thread looks better than the one currently in-game. Cheers.

Thank you for your time. I put it on the to-do list.

Hvor

Arcane
Developer
Is there an option for smaller UI or to hide UI?
There are no such options.
I can add an option to hide the interface.
Does it seem very large? If so, I could make an alternative ui option with 2 bars somewhere in the corner of the screen.

deama

Prophet
Is there an option for smaller UI or to hide UI?
There are no such options.
I can add an option to hide the interface.
Does it seem very large? If so, I could make an alternative ui option with 2 bars somewhere in the corner of the screen.
If you could add at least a toggle button to hide UI, then that'd be great. Like e.g. pressing x hides UI, pressing x again brings it back in. Making it bindable to other keys in the options menu too.

Hvor

Arcane
Developer
Added a function to hide the interface on f10. In the release build this feature will be.

Ivan

Arcane
In the release build this feature will be.
yoda-back.jpg

curds

Magister
Someone has to be playing this.
image.png

I played the demo a while back and it was interesting as a solo effort but janky as fuck. I didn't buy the game because I think the price is quite high for what it is. Normally I would prob spend $10 (AUD) or less on a game so obviously low budget, unless I had heard from many sources that it was great.

However since I am interested in the game, and no one else is playing it, I will bite the bullet and post impressions later.

Hvor I do think you should make the game cheaper, or no one will try it. It might well be very good but it clearly looks like a one-man, low-budget, first-time project and people wouldn't expect to pay $20 for that.

This game is 75% more expensive than it is worth. I understand it's a harsh thing to say to a solo developer who probably worked their ass off making it, but the customer makes this decision mostly based on polish and production values.

curds

Magister
Unfortunately some of the glaring issues pointed out during the demo phase are still in the game.

UI/equipped items (eg. torch) are too big and make the game feel boxed in.

No sounds or animations when you hit an enemy in combat, making it impossible to tell if you're actually hitting them or not.

The atmosphere and visuals are quite decent, level design seems ok. Unfortunately the combat thing is a deal breaker for me.

Hvor

Arcane
Developer
Unfortunately some of the glaring issues pointed out during the demo phase are still in the game.

No sounds or animations when you hit an enemy in combat, making it impossible to tell if you're actually hitting them or not.

The atmosphere and visuals are quite decent, level design seems ok. Unfortunately the combat thing is a deal breaker for me.
Continuing to improve the game thanks to your feedback.
I've already released two patches since release.
The game's interface and combat have been redesigned.

curds

Magister

Continuing to improve the game thanks to your feedback.
I've already released two patches since release.
The game's interface and combat have been redesigned.
What did you change?

LostHisMarbles

Learned
Random old fart reading, thinking, passing by, ignore by all means;
Over 4 fucking decades later and people still release RPGs (RPGs especially, talk about your closet autist audience) without interface scaling/resizing options...
For real?

Just because you the dev have an 'x' by 'y' monitor, so must everybody else, right? I mean obviously, right?
Each and every game coming out, same issues, same requests, same most reasonable whining.
And what do you do?
Release your game. Without UI scaling/resizing options. Because whatever.
You really can't learn even the obvious lessons, can you.
(in before i'm told you can hide the UI! Woohoo! who wants to hide their UI? Missing point by a mile)

All that aside, best of luck with your game and excuse my rant, but ffs, i mean at some point in time, amirite. Learning animals that we are? Supposedly.

Hvor

Arcane
Developer
Random old fart reading, thinking, passing by, ignore by all means;
Over 4 fucking decades later and people still release RPGs (RPGs especially, talk about your closet autist audience) without interface scaling/resizing options...
For real?

Just because you the dev have an 'x' by 'y' monitor, so must everybody else, right? I mean obviously, right?
Each and every game coming out, same issues, same requests, same most reasonable whining.
And what do you do?
Release your game. Without UI scaling/resizing options. Because whatever.
You really can't learn even the obvious lessons, can you.
(in before i'm told you can hide the UI! Woohoo! who wants to hide their UI? Missing point by a mile)

All that aside, best of luck with your game and excuse my rant, but ffs, i mean at some point in time, amirite. Learning animals that we are? Supposedly.
I'm sorry, I don't really get your meaning. Probably a language barrier.

I configured the interface so that it could adjust to different monitors, square rectangular, etc. Everything was fine with different resolutions. If there is something wrong with your version of ui, please tell me more about it.
Or do you mean the option to scale the HUD with the game settings?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom