Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Improving Skyrim / Recommended Mods thread (Mostly about Requiem)

Gord

Arcane
Is there a way to turn off those goddamn finishing moves? My character is jack of all trades (which means he sucks at everything) who wears no armor other than fur shoes because I'm larper and I like how he looks in white shirt so every melee engagement is pretty big deal and there is nothing fucking more frustrating than enemy insta-killing you because some retarded finishng move kicked in and denied you control of your character. Those moves look extremely embarassing anyway, I mean, ninja spinning with a fucking mace? STABBING someone in a THROAT with an AXE? What the fuck man.

Finishers only kick in when you are dead anyway, so no point in retaining controll. The only point it would serve is to reduce the time it takes to reload and spare you the AWESOME! animations. I think there should be a mod for it, have you checked the Nexus?

DraQ

Arcane
Also, I know my one-handed skill is pretty low but I can't stagger anyone with my hits. Every unblocked shitty hit by lowly bandit is putting my useless faggot off balance but I can't do that for the life of me. Well, unless I "fus ro duh" somone, then he fucking flies through the time and space, but power strike with deadric mace? nope, not gonna stop chick in leather bikini.
You generally need perks to make any skill useful in Requiem.

Also I think I recall a toggle for finishers somewhere in the menus.

And Skyrim is full of monty python moments. My favorite is this cheesy (but catchy) "DOVAKHIIN DOVAKHIIN!" tune kicking in when you fucking FLEE from a dragon like a little bitch (leaving your housecarl behind). It's like game expect you to fuck this lizard up but it just didn't noticed you have Requiem installed and it simply ain't gonna happen.
:lol: :salute:

Dance of Death allows you to fiddle with the killmove chance settings. But refusing to wear armor and then complaining you get easily killed is pretty silly, check your bioware privilege

I'm not bitching about getting one shotted by fair hit because that's to be expected when you value fashion statment more than armor rating. It's just annoying when your characters stops running and dodging to recieve axe stab in a throat or something. It's one of those "I COULD TOTALLY DODGE THAT!" moment that makes you punch your monitor.

But if it only happens when you actually going to be hit anyway (Skyrim hit detection is kinda... dodgy) then I have to live with it I guess.

Garmik

Novice
Is there a way to turn off those goddamn finishing moves? My character is jack of all trades (which means he sucks at everything) who wears no armor other than fur shoes because I'm larper and I like how he looks in white shirt so every melee engagement is pretty big deal and there is nothing fucking more frustrating than enemy insta-killing you because some retarded finishng move kicked in and denied you control of your character. Those moves look extremely embarassing anyway, I mean, ninja spinning with a fucking mace? STABBING someone in a THROAT with an AXE? What the fuck man.

Finishers only kick in when you are dead anyway, so no point in retaining controll. The only point it would serve is to reduce the time it takes to reload and spare you the AWESOME! animations. I think there should be a mod for it, have you checked the Nexus?
Nope, I'm pretty sure that's not the case.
The finishing cinematic just starts INSTANTLY if your HP is low enough, when if that attack would hit it would kill you, but it starts even before an actual (normal) attack animation starts, like if the attack speed were SUPERHIGH or something, when you could have actually been able to dodge it, or even block it.
It's actually quite clear when you get instant killed by a cinematic attack coming from like a two-handed mace (which is super slow in Requiem), something that can be super easily dodged.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Dance of Death allows you to fiddle with the killmove chance settings. But refusing to wear armor and then complaining you get easily killed is pretty silly, check your bioware privilege

I'm not bitching about getting one shotted by fair hit because that's to be expected when you value fashion statment more than armor rating. It's just annoying when your characters stops running and dodging to recieve axe stab in a throat or something. It's one of those "I COULD TOTALLY DODGE THAT!" moment that makes you punch your monitor.

But if it only happens when you actually going to be hit anyway (Skyrim hit detection is kinda... dodgy) then I have to live with it I guess.

Wait untill a dragon eats you through cover, that'll make you happy.

Wait untill a dragon eats you through cover, that'll make you happy.

It happened few minutes ago. Game teleported me outside of cover for a dragon to perform AWSUM DEF ANIMATIUN on me, well fuck. I had to lure this bastard to a town and get some some help from guards ... Then Jarl charged me 500 septims for killing dragon near town gates, I never asked to be Dovakhin.

Borelli

Arcane

The finishing cinematic just starts INSTANTLY if your HP is low enough, when if that attack would hit it would kill you, but it starts even before an actual (normal) attack animation starts, like if the attack speed were SUPERHIGH or something, when you could have actually been able to dodge it, or even block it.
It's actually quite clear when you get instant killed by a cinematic attack coming from like a two-handed mace (which is super slow in Requiem), something that can be super easily dodged.
This. If you have X amount of health left and enemy starts his attack animation that does >X amount of damage the DM will say "let's speed this up, dragon hits you and you DIE here is your death cam" even if the attack is slow enough to avoid it. This is especially annoying with shields. I was fighting Alduin who 1-shots me if i'm not blocking and doesn't when i do. So every time i was attacking him (and thus not blocking) i was at a risk of getting deathcammed.

Oh gawds, thank you good sir.

35362-1-1367168530.jpg

Gord

Arcane
This. If you have X amount of health left and enemy starts his attack animation that does >X amount of damage the DM will say "let's speed this up, dragon hits you and you DIE here is your death cam" even if the attack is slow enough to avoid it. This is especially annoying with shields. I was fighting Alduin who 1-shots me if i'm not blocking and doesn't when i do. So every time i was attacking him (and thus not blocking) i was at a risk of getting deathcammed.

Ok, didn't know that. :salute:

DraQ

Arcane
I'd rather have a mod that allows cinefaggotry (and let's be frank, getting nommed by a dragon is much cooler and more fitting than just keeling over after a bite), but only playes the animation on it, not initiation of attack.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
But then you get two attacks. First you get hit and then it plays a completely superfluous animation. Best to just remove it since it's impossible to adjust the killcam check code.

Gord

Arcane
I do wonder a bit why I never really noticed it, though.
Probably because
a) I not really played sword'n'board
b) it's not so pronounced in overhauls when playing a more fragile character like a mage - you are either dead anyway or the hit doesn't do enough damage
c) it's no issue in vanilla most of the time

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
For Allah sake if you're going to larp Man bashing others with kinetic weapons buy yourself an armor... It is like complaining you died in battle cause you were some bare-ass peasant. Even Armor found in Helgen works... Most of the times but you're not supposed to take more than one opponent at once anyway. Shield and Heavy Armor in Requiem are your best and only friends when you fight Mano A Mano; Just cleared the First Barrow in River-wood and Died only Once at 8 level; taking those two perks in heavy armor helped a lot kiting the opponents choosing the strategic bottle necks to take them 1:1. Dumb Bare assed Snowbacks with Big Weapons you don't stand a chance against Legion style fighting. :dance:

For Allah sake if you're going to larp Man bashing others with kinetic weapons buy yourself an armor... It is like complaining you died in battle cause you were some bare-ass peasant. Even Armor found in Helgen works... Most of the times but you're not supposed to take more than one opponent at once anyway. Shield and Heavy Armor in Requiem are your best and only friends when you fight Mano A Mano; Just cleared the First Barrow in River-wood and Died only Once at 8 level; taking those two perks in heavy armor helped a lot kiting the opponents choosing the strategic bottle necks to take them 1:1. Dumb Bare assed Snowbacks with Big Weapons you don't stand a chance against Legion style fighting. :dance:

jeezus.jpg

Jesus Christ of Hamerfell refuses to wear anything other than his white shirt. It doesn't matter how many times they will kill him, he'll be back in 3 days.

Borelli

Arcane
So, first time against Alduin on requiem. And uuh, I thought my character was OP already (Paladin/Battlemage), and after clearing Labyrinthian I wasn't expecting much more challenges with this one, but damn, he's a though bitch, and when he summons 50~ undeads it gets interesting, and he does it fairly often too, I think it's time to get my destruction a bit higher, and maybe try to lower my shouts cooldown, since as long as you keep him dragonrended, should be easy.

edit: Bah, just with a small tweak of strategy I beat him, was coo' though.

Uh, look at this featured mod, looks p. good and should go with requiem/skyre feel

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/45894//?

I was looking for a good death-mod, this might be one interesting to try.
How do you deal with his drain vitality shout?

Garmik

Novice
So, first time against Alduin on requiem. And uuh, I thought my character was OP already (Paladin/Battlemage), and after clearing Labyrinthian I wasn't expecting much more challenges with this one, but damn, he's a though bitch, and when he summons 50~ undeads it gets interesting, and he does it fairly often too, I think it's time to get my destruction a bit higher, and maybe try to lower my shouts cooldown, since as long as you keep him dragonrended, should be easy.

edit: Bah, just with a small tweak of strategy I beat him, was coo' though.
How do you deal with his drain vitality shout?

Ward spell. Not to mention I have 87% magic resist, but even then the drain was huge, mostly for the mana drain, as long as I have mana I can just heal both HP and Stamina (restoration is awesome), but when he summons, while dangerous, also helpful, since I have spell-drain (thanks to that Alteration perk), and those wraiths that cast frost just give me all the mana I could want.
But luckily the best ward spell blocks the shout just fine.

I also ended up using pretty much all my daily powers (restoration one that heals me, HA one that gives me stamina, Dragon Aspect from Dragonborn --which is fucking crazy damage and resistance, used it to finish Alduin off quickly once he was low enough that he stops flying, together with the White Phial that improves damage--),

Last edited:

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Just Killed my First Dragon... I mean Brave Guards and Ash Jewess Chick did the killing blow with my Hero bravely manning the tower, popping an arrow or spell then being turned on fire and running like a girl inside; Had to deactivate Dragon Combat OV, with the Requiem the Dragons hit like Tank Division... Spend 3/4 of time in recovery state instead of fighing; Also had good Fire resist Potion in backpack and forgot to use it. :M

Is Shield Elemental Resistance perk help a lot? Also which character to pick for Magic Resistant Warrror? Nord or Breton? The Former fits the world better and is Frost resistant which helps a lot while exploring mountains and northern holds with Frostfall (My Imperial once frozen to death while camping on the island deep into Sea of Ghosts inside the fur tent with fireplace and furs on :lol:) and the latter can have 65% Magic resistance after doing surprisingly non combat quest... :hmmm:

Garmik

Novice
Is Shield Elemental Resistance perk help a lot? Also which character to pick for Magic Resistant Warrror? Nord or Breton? The Former fits the world better and is Frost resistant which helps a lot while exploring mountains and northern holds with Frostfall (My Imperial once frozen to death while camping on the island deep into Sea of Ghosts inside the fur tent with fireplace and furs on :lol:) and the latter can have 65% Magic resistance after doing surprisingly non combat quest... :hmmm:
Breton would probably be it. Also the Lord stone, lots of MR.
And yes to the perk, it's really good and will save you from shouts and other scary magical stuffsies, all that, together with the shield of Ysgramor, you'll have A LOT of MR.

Gord

Arcane
I'm not sure if Breton is a good choice for a warrior in Requiem, they are clearly leaning towards magic.
At least, early game might be pretty hard, since most fighter skills will be very low.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom