Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Improving Skyrim / Recommended Mods thread (Mostly about Requiem)

cort

Novice
Maybe it is the same error, just expressed in different ways? My vampire minion didn't become an ashpile though, he just disappears completely. (at the very least, I can't find his ashpile)

After he'd gone, I don't hear his footsteps or the vampire's voice track either (freaked me out the first time he spoke out loud to be honest as he was talks coherently unlike undead human minions which just moan periodically). The problem only seems to happen while inside dungeons though.

Heresiarch

Prophet
Turning off shadows doesn't do anything when using ENB. ENB has its own shadow setting. Without ENB I can run on Ultra and get smooth 60 FPS. I think playing on 2560*1440 doesn't help the FPS much either.

I've got RealVision ENB up and running again, and FRAPS told me that the FPS actually isn't that bad, mostly consistent 45 to 60 FPS. But 45 FPS sucks compared to 60, especially since it fluctuates a lot.

Shit do look awesome, but the colour is way too oversaturated for my tastes. Haven't use all the recommended eyecandy mods so it doesn't look as good as those trailer videos or sample screenshots. The nightsky looks absolutely ridiculous for the super duper bright and huge amount of stars (though I don't know if it's Climates of Tamriel to blame, ENB's colour do make colours pop out too much). Otherwise I don't think the lost FPS is worth for the extra eyecandy, beside the fact that most of the eyecandy (shadows on trees, lighting, etc.) can be attained with normal mods.

AAARGH SKYRIM NEXUS IS DOWN

oXzFJ3O.jpg

9XGZgZh.jpg

6W8vurW.jpg

Last edited:

DraQ

Arcane
Requiem is apparently the most hardcore one, but probably doesn't fit a sandbox game such as Skyrim the best.
I don't know, personally I like how it gives you stuff to run from.
I'm not worried about dragons not being touched though, there are Deadly Dragons and Dragon Combat Overhaul for that.
I recommend Mighty Dragons, as it diversifies them a lot.

I would probably go with a combination of Duel (or deadly combat?) + some magic mod + some balance mod + some perk mod.
One of the things about Requiem is that it has it all in a single package.

OMG WHICH LIGHTING EFFECT SHOULD I USE DECISIONS DECISIONS

http://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=3320
The main problem with Skyrim's lighting is that it needed to cut down on the amount of light sources as much as possible to run on x-pox, creating situations where completely unrealistic sourcing creates decent enough illumination of statics and decorative objects, but utterly wrong if moving new objects - like player and NPCs are introduced and move around the scene.

I am not aware of any mod modifying virtually every single location in game to fix that and any other lighting mods are pointless faggotry.

DraQ , I've been playing around with requiem with the apocalypse spell package mod installed. I'm not sure why it happens but my undead minions sometime disappear inside dungeons even though the spell used to raise them shouldn't have expired yet. The minion, a vampire in steel plate, isn't just stuck somewhere in the dungeon either (i don't want to lose him since I had a hard time killing him)

Loading to an earlier save brings them back but it's such a hassle (and I feel like a save scummer). Any idea why it happens?
I don't know why, but I don't think it's caused by any particular mods.

Heresiarch

Prophet
I've messed around with ENB and apparently, no matter what I do, if I switch its global effects on, then even if I switch off everything else that looks remotely demanding (including all the shadows effect, DOP, ambient occlusion, etc.), it WILL take at least 15 FPS hit in most outdoors/cities/crowded area. Sure with ENB on I get those super blue skies, super bright yellows/reds/oranges, but the 15 FPS hit just isn't worth it. But after seeing ENB and going back, the world looks so dull and washed out...though it fits the world of Skyrim, but eyecandy IS eyecandy.

I don't have anything against Requiem, it's just I probably want a little more freedom and better modular experience. You know, so I can install rape mods at any moment and have fun...

What's the difference between Deadly Dragons and Mighty Dragons? Dragon Combat Overhaul is pretty fun actually, the dragons can make shockwaves when they land or fly off. But the author puts in lots of things that sounds "too much" and I dislike the way he writes his mod description like a complete moron.

DraQ

Arcane
I've messed around with ENB and apparently, no matter what I do, if I switch its global effects on, then even if I switch off everything else that looks remotely demanding (including all the shadows effect, DOP, ambient occlusion, etc.), it WILL take at least 15 FPS hit in most outdoors/cities/crowded area.
Given that I usually don't bother with ENB or the like and that Skyrim is actually one of maybe two games I've seen that use DoF, but not in pants-on-head retarded manner (a refreshing change after Oblivion's shader retardation), it would be disrespectful to use it with Skyrim in particular.

What's the difference between Deadly Dragons and Mighty Dragons?
Mighty dragons goes much longer way to make each dragon battle unique and individual.

It adds shitton of named dragons, with distinct skins, combat style and abilities.

Which means different dragons will not only have different breath weapons (not just fire and ice, but lightning, poison, etc.) but also use different shouts, spells and base their combat tactics around different approach (for example some will use paralyzing spell or FusRoDah to disable you then go in for melee kill, while others will mostly circle around in the air wearing you down with summoned storms and summons. some may use cloak spells or invisibility and so on.

Gord

Arcane
From my -admittedly limited- experience with ENB, it can cause issues like what you describe, especially on newer cards.
Might be that an eventual update fixes it, might be that you are out of luck.
IMHO, the other lighting overhauls work well enough for not using it.
Otherwise, did you consider SweetFX to spice it up a bit?

DeepOcean

Arcane
Silence Heretic; Gods Sacrificed themselves to create the Mundus and protect the Humanity from Chaos and Sithis; What Demons have brought? Deceit, Murder, and Debauchery; Besides how Gods can be dead if they answer the prayers and their avatars walk on this plane? Remember Pelinal, Talos and Wulf! The Law is Sacred, The Empire is Law.
Sithis is the start of the house. Before him was nothing, but the foolish Altmer have names for and revere this nothing. That is because they are lazy slaves. Indeed, from the Sermons, 'stasis asks merely for itself, which is nothing.'

Sithis sundered the nothing and mutated the parts, fashioning from them a myriad of possibilities. These ideas ebbed and flowed and faded away and this is how it should have been.

One idea, however, became jealous and did not want to die; like the stasis, he wanted to last. This was the demon Anui-El, who made friends, and they called themselves the Aedra. They enslaved everything that Sithis had made and created realms of everlasting imperfection. Thus are the Aedra the false gods, that is, illusion.

So Sithis begat Lorkhan and sent him to destroy the universe. Lorkhan! Unstable mutant!

Lorkhan had found the Aedric weakness. While each rebel was, by their nature, immeasurable, they were, through jealously and vanity, also separate from each other. They were also unwilling to go back to the nothing of before. So while they ruled their false dominions, Lorkhan filled the void with a myriad of new ideas. These ideas were legion. Soon it seemed that Lorkhan had a dominion of his own, with slaves and everlasting imperfections, and he seemed, for all the world, like an Aedra. Thus did he present himself as such to the demon Anui-El and the Eight Givers: as a friend.

Go unto the Sharmat Dagoth Ur as a friend.

AE HERMA MORA ALTADOON PADHOME LKHAN AE AI.

Morrowind_by_JustMoolti.jpg
Cool, story bro. Todd Howard version: The gods are AWESOME, and fight really cool demonic AWESOME demons and the do stuff and fight and do stuff that is AWESOME. Nobody wants this complex faggotry, people want AWESOME dragons, doing AWESOME things and you are an AWESOME warrior dude to kill them.

Heresiarch

Prophet
Otherwise, did you consider SweetFX to spice it up a bit?

Just looked it up. Willl try and see how it goes. Skyrim's original bleaker world actually isn't that bad, with ENB and other colourful overhauls it feels like making the game into another Oblivion.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Once it's back up, I highly recommend Enhanced Lights and FX: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/27043/?

MUCH better than realistic lighting overhaul. All lights only come from in-game light sources and everything looks about 100x better indoors with very little if any performance impact.

set

Arcane
I recently reinstalled Skyrim again because I'm a masochist and my feeble brain continues to convince me I may find fun playing it again.

I do remember really liking Skyrim for the first two or so hours, you know, that naive period where you go and explore every nook and cranny thinking you will encounter some cool secret. And it's that memory I seem to keep chasing after.

After installing Requiem (it was recommended by tons of people to me) and several other mods... well, the combat now is at least a little more bearable, but screw Requiem's idea of balancing - I am reguarly dying to a single arrow while wearing leather armor at level 5. It's bloody stupid, I should be able to take at least three or four of those damn things. And if you're dumb enough to use heavy armor...? Well, you don't have the inventory space or the patience to stride around in it, since the mod has not revamped travel in any significant way other than ban fast travel. Also, recovery is absolutely fucked. How am I supposed to fight more two or three battles without some healing spells? Trying to play without magic is absolutely obnoxious, you simply can't keep your restoration supplies high enough for out of combat healing alone.

The companion AI is still dumb-as-bricks. The monster AI is so bad that utilizing things like lamp posts or slightly-elevated platforms as blockers can cause them to deaggro, stand there, or other more humorous things.

I am trying really hard to roleplay though. And I force myself to, I can sort of enjoy the sandbox, but uuurgh, I wish the editor weren't so fangled. I'd make my own mod that does the following:

*Fixes fucking horses (and yes, I've downloaded some horse mods from GEMS and they still suck more than Oblivion's horses somehow)
*Replaces perks with actuall skill trees (Requiem does a good enough job at fixing the perk trees, but you're still just polishing crap)
*Transplant F.E.A.R's AI algorithm into Skyrim
*More than 3 stats
*Actually make melee viable*

*At least in Requiem, spawn counts are so high that playing as any kind of melee character, let alone one that uses leather armor and/or daggers, is absolutely suicidal without cheesing the game with five companion meatshields.

I'd say so far the best mod Skyrim is 'Interesting NPCs'. It's 1.7gb in size, but I've so far been really impressed by some of the voice acting and characterization of some of these NPCs. It's a shame they seem to have easily exhaustible dialogue pools... but they also seem pretty numerous.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Game after being ported from Requiem to SkyRE works faster, crash less often and doesn't eat save games.
DnD style no casting in plate
You can cast in plate, just not right away and it needs perk investment.

Spell braker + fortify Health II medallion + Dawnbreaker is bane of undead; Nine divines bless PC. :smug:
But Spellbreaker and Dawnbreaker are Daedric. :troll:

BTW: if you have Morrowloot you can pick up Chrysamere in Potema quest.

Technically speaking speaking yes but Spellbraker quest is on big Purge of Nurgle Pyrite infested Plague Zombies nest And Meridia is Awesome in right way:

Michael Kirkbride's comment: (from the official forums)

"Meridia's holdings in Oblivion are collectively known as "The Colored Rooms". Another Prince whose origins may not entirely be outside of the aetherial, Meridia has at several times been linked to Magnus the Sun. The most famous account of this association is the Tract of Merid-nunda, which overtly casts Meridia in the role of a wayward solar daughter, cast from the heavens for consorting with illicit spectra."

old_meridia.jpg
6d849ed9be871678b741c10a10741450-d674wm2.jpg
800px-SR-place-Statue_to_Meridia.jpg

Also noticed that Dawnbraker is classic example of Spatha Sword; it is longer than gladius like Imperial swords but shorter than Nord longswords; Game still crashes when Potema dies but you can grab the Awesome 2 hander sword and her remains and run away from catacumb if you're quick enough; shame you have to cheat to open the locked doors first this quest would be much more Majestic with Stealth path.

Heresiarch

Prophet
Once it's back up, I highly recommend Enhanced Lights and FX: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/27043/?

MUCH better than realistic lighting overhaul. All lights only come from in-game light sources and everything looks about 100x better indoors with very little if any performance impact.

I've spent hours to compare RLO and ELFX (with Enhancer). Yeah, ELFX *seems* to be better on average. With RLO, some environments such as the Jarl's castle in Whiterun is darker than some necromancer's home.

I even played a bit around with RNRC and Climates of Tamriel. RNRC's massive bloom and making stuff go blurry killed the deal for me. I can't really say CoT improved anything at all over vanilla but at least it's serviceable.

SweetFX for some weird reason decreased the FPS for me in certain situations and the graphic improvement isn't that obvious. So no go for me.

Now I just need to wait for Nexus coming back up and I'll go play around with combat mods.

Commissar Draco

Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

Rogue with hides on his back and puny dagger being raped by in mano to mano combat by warriors armored in steel and ebony and armed with big swords and axes?
:incline:

Try using your sneaky rouge ways on them like sneaking and backstabbing and/or bows. OK here is Commissar Skyrim in all its Glory:

GameMode=Skyrim

Skyrim.esm=1
Update.esm=1
Dawnguard.esm=1
HearthFires.esm=1
Dragonborn.esm=1
ApachiiHairFemales.esm=1
RaceCompatibility.esm=1
actorEvents.esm=1
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm=1
SexLab.esm=1
SexLabAroused.esm=1
SPIKE.esm=1
ZaZAnimationPack.esm=1
Devious Devices - Assets.esm=1
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp=1
DBBookBounds.esp=1
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp=1
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp=1
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp=1
Chesko_Frostfall.esp=1
Cutting Room Floor.esp=1
Better Towns Textures.esp=1
Chesko_WearableLantern.esp=1
Hunterborn.esp=1
Hunterborn_Dawnguard-Patch.esp=1
Hunterborn_Frostfall-Patch.esp=1
Ish's Respec Mod.esp=1
JBS_banking_redux.esp=1
LoversComfort.esp=1
MF_RadiantProstitution.esp=1
MF_SpectatorCrowds.esp=1
SexLab Dangerously Nude.esp=1
SexLab TDF Aggressive Prostitution.esp=1
SexLabSquirt.esp=1
SexLab_DibellaCult.esp=1
SexLabNudeCreatures.esp=1
SexLab_Paycrime.esp=1
SexWithThieves.esp=1
Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp=1
Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp=1
Tamriel Compendium - Skill Books.esp=1
WetandCold.esp=1
WetandCold - Ashes.esp=1
Chesko_LoreBasedLoadingScreens.esp=1
DYNAVISION Dynamic Depth of Field.esp=1
RaceMenu.esp=1
RaceMenuPlugin.esp=1
towConversation.esp=1
SkyUI.esp=1
Baraban-Dawnguard-Plate.esp=1
Baraban-Steel-Helms.esp=1
Baraban-Steel-Plate.esp=1
Cloaks.esp=1
Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp=1
1nivWICCloaks.esp=1
1nivWICSkyCloaksPatch.esp=1
DawnguardPaladinArmorCP.esp=1
EdhildilsWitchDoctor.esp=1
hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp=1
Immersive Weapons.esp=1
imp_helm.esp=1
imperialshield.esp=1
impgen.esp=1
LeftHandRings.esp=1
LeftHandRings - Dawnguard.esp=1
Shields of Jorrvaskr by Hothtrooper44.esp=1
StormLord.esp=1
Twohanded Dawnbreaker.esp=1
Lock Overhaul.esp=1
SkyRe_Main.esp=1
SkyRe_Combat.esp=1
SkyRe_EncounterZones.esp=1
SkyRe_EnemyAI.esp=1
SkyRe_EnemyScaling.esp=1
SkyRe_StandingStones.esp=1
SkyRe_Survivalism.esp=1
Morrowloot.esp=1
Bards&Merchants.esp=1
Destroy the Thieves Guild.esp=1
FM - Lakeview Library.esp=1
Lakeview_Extended.esp=1
Lakeview_Extended_Basement.esp=1
Proudspire Manor Refurbished.esp=1
Run For Your Lives.esp=1
The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp=1
Advanced Shrines.esp=1
BetterQuestObjectives.esp=1
BetterQuestObjectives-Dawnguard.esp=1
BetterQuestObjectives-Hearthfire.esp=1
BetterQuestObjectives-PaarDilemmaPatch.esp=1
BetterQuestObjectives-SkyRePatch.esp=1
Book Covers Skyrim.esp=1
Book Covers Dawnguard.esp=1
Book Covers Hearthfire.esp=1
Book Covers Dragonborn.esp=1
Civil War Overhaul.esp=1
ESFCompanions.esp=1
FireAndIceOverhaul.esp=1
FrostHorseWhite.esp=1
Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp=1
NudeYngvildSpirits.esp=1
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp=1
SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp=1
SexLab Solutions.esp=1
SexLab Submit.esp=1
Convenient Horses.esp=1
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp=1
dD-DG-DB-Immersive Creatures EBT Patch.esp=1
TheChoiceIsYours.esp=1
TheChoiceIsYours_Dawnguard.esp=1
BetterQuestObjectives-TheChoiceIsYoursPatch.esp=1
Thieves Guild Requirements.esp=1
BetterQuestObjectives-ThievesGuildRequirementsPatch.esp=1
TimingIsEverything.esp=1
BetterQuestObjectives-TimingIsEverythingPatch.esp=1
xazPrisonOverhaul.esp=1
Drinking Fountains of Skyrim.esp=1
Helgen Reborn.esp=1
BFT Ships and Carriages - HF.esp=1
RealisticRoomRental.esp=1
BetterQuestObjectives-PersidRRentalPatch.esp=1
RRR_Hearthfire-Patch.esp=1
RRR_Dragonborn-Patch.esp=1
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp=1
ELFX - Exteriors.esp=1
ELFX - NoTaverns.esp=1
ELFXEnhancer.esp=1
PrivateNeeds.esp=1
DG-NoAttacks.esp=1
Sethai&Elthrai.esp=1
DragonCombatOverhaulDragonborn.esp=1
The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp=1
SexLab Cumshot.esp=1
CustomRaces.esp=1
TemptressVixen.esp=1
3DNPC.esp=1
RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp=1
RND_Dawnguard-Patch.esp=1
RND_HearthFires-Patch.esp=1
RND_Dragonborn-Patch.esp=1
RND_DrinkingFountains-Patch.esp=1
Hunterborn_RND-Patch.esp=1
RND_USKP-Patch.esp=1
UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp=1
UFO - Dawnguard AddOn.esp=1
UFO - Heartfire AddOn.esp=1
BetterQuestObjectives-UFOPatch.esp=1
Aeri.esp=1
CamillaValerius.esp=1
Jasmina.esp=1
Saadia.esp=1
Sylgja.esp=1
Uthgerd Kriegswolfe.esp=1
Ysolda.esp=1
NonEssentialChildren.esp=1
BetterQuestObjectives-NECPatch.esp=1
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp=1
BetterQuestObjectives-AlternateStartPatch.esp=1
SkyRe_Races.esp=1
ethereal_elven_overhaul.esp=1
FollowerCompatibility.esp=1
ReProccer.esp=1
BeeingFemale.esp=1
outhouse.esp=1
Sunburst Dawnbreaker.esp=1
traditionalmarriage.esp=1
Tribal Tattoo Overlays.esp=1

Commissar lacks only good mod implementing Gold and arrows with weight which is not Requiem.

set

Arcane
Thanks for your suggestions.

Maybe rogue-types should get slaughtered in combat but given enemy count you have to admit, at least with vanilla Requiem and a new character, backstabbing things seems impractical, especially since for some reason only the right hand weapon can backstab now (who is designing this mod and what is he or she smoking? How am I supposed to roleplay my left-handed rogue?). I was going to play a honorable type, but sneak attacks with bows has at least been working far better than the alternative.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
SexLab.esm=1
SexLabAroused.esm=1
LoversComfort.esp=1
SexLabSquirt.esp=1
SexLab_DibellaCult.esp=1
SexLab_Paycrime.esp=1
SexWithThieves.esp=1
NudeYngvildSpirits.esp=1
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp=1
SexLab Solutions.esp=1
SexLab Submit.esp=1
PrivateNeeds.esp=1
SexLab Cumshot.esp=1
TemptressVixen.esp=1
BeeingFemale.esp=1
outhouse.esp=1

:hmmm:

Lancehead

Liturgist
Thanks for your suggestions.

Maybe rogue-types should get slaughtered in combat but given enemy count you have to admit, at least with vanilla Requiem and a new character, backstabbing things seems impractical,
I play Requiem with pure stealth (plus the occasional Shout). It's a walk in the park when I can kill dragons and dwemer centurions without taking a single scratch. You just need some patience, be it in building your character or when engaging enemies.

especially since for some reason only the right hand weapon can backstab now (who is designing this mod and what is he or she smoking? How am I supposed to roleplay my left-handed rogue?). I was going to play a honorable type, but sneak attacks with bows has at least been working far better than the alternative.
Left hand is treated as off-hand and penalties are applied. You can sneak attack with your left hand but you'd need perks (right hand side perk branch in Sneak) to get damage mutipliers. You'd only get a fraction of main hand multiplier, though.

Commissar Draco

Patron
ITS a mod* which let you either have :obviously: Dragonborn primogeniture instead of some adopted brats or leave bitches you hate with bastards empowers them into being single mothers; your pick either way men/merfolk wins. :smug:

*Basically it simulates menstruation cycle and possible pregnancy for all named female NPCs in Skyrim and in this regard inclines Wymyn from wannabe fighters and rulers into something useful once again; Dragonborn returning Tamariel into Gloriousu Patriarchy pure :incline:.

As to Meridia she acts in totally illogical way as womyn tend do; same as Cats they're vicious and whimsical and still Commissar loves them. :love: :troll:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

You Body/sex/rape-mod guys creep me out a bit...
Me too. I always wonder to myself if they are making male characters and pretending to rape women or larping a female character that's getting repeatedly sexually brutalized.

Either way is somewhat...unsettling in a realistic looking 3d RPG. But whatever, take a look at my avatar. :shrug:

Commissar Draco

Patron
Its either Realistic Simulation or not; games like Skyrim with its accent on free play should aspire to being Simulators instead of being Awesome Majestic Ego Masturbators for :patriot:. Reality is never pleasant, simple nor tame and Commissar is for Total Realism, Freedom and Consequences; besides someone has rather Dirty thoughts here :thumbsup: .

32056-2-1361383408.jpg

In other words Everything is Shite. :troll:

Can you hide under the potty to bathe in your waifu's excrements? You can roleplay it's a ritual to summon Sanguine.

SexLab.esm=1
SexLabAroused.esm=1
LoversComfort.esp=1
SexLabSquirt.esp=1
SexLab_DibellaCult.esp=1
SexLab_Paycrime.esp=1
SexWithThieves.esp=1
NudeYngvildSpirits.esp=1
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp=1
SexLab Solutions.esp=1
SexLab Submit.esp=1
PrivateNeeds.esp=1
SexLab Cumshot.esp=1
TemptressVixen.esp=1
BeeingFemale.esp=1
outhouse.esp=1

:hmmm:

Truly, that bolded one is the most sickening of the lot.

Well, that or Dynamic Depth of Field.
vomit-into-the-toilet.gif

After installing Requiem (it was recommended by tons of people to me) and several other mods... well, the combat now is at least a little more bearable, but screw Requiem's idea of balancing - I am reguarly dying to a single arrow while wearing leather armor at level 5. It's bloody stupid, I should be able to take at least three or four of those damn things.

Or you could not get hit by them from a close distance, it's not that hard. Just don't rush archers hoping to tank arrows with your face. From a long distance, even my robed altmer with zero levelups in Health can survive one or two.

And if you're dumb enough to use heavy armor...? Well, you don't have the inventory space or the patience to stride around in it, since the mod has not revamped travel in any significant way other than ban fast travel.

Heavy armor is practically unusable without perks. Since you said you wear leather armor, I'm guessing you didn't invest into the heavy armor tree.

As for travel, there are transport NPC's in important cities. You could also buy a horse.

Also, recovery is absolutely fucked. How am I supposed to fight more two or three battles without some healing spells? Trying to play without magic is absolutely obnoxious, you simply can't keep your restoration supplies high enough for out of combat healing alone..

Huh? Buy a healing spell, or invest a perk into Restoration to get some for free. You won't be able to use spells in heavy armor without investing perks, by the way.

Last edited:

Commissar Draco

Patron
Perks Rules in Skyrim but even they won't save you from stupidity or lack of proper tactics; besides potion in Requiem won't help you a bit; they're delayed and nerfed compared to Vanilla; Aside from Mods Codex Being Codex bolded out there're good Horse and Fast Travel Mods in Commissar list; Total Overhaul mods won't fix Skyrim on their own.

Speaking of supplementary mods; any good Money and Arrow weight fixes mods except Requiem there Comrade DraQ?

Last edited:

set

Arcane
"I am not skilled enough to handle this mod, therefore the mod is inadequate."
I'm sorry that monsters my level are one-shotting me with ranged weapons. I guess I could sit around and grind for a while and level via speechcraft and stealth, but that sort of goes against the spirit of the mod, which is supposed to enhance 'roleplaying'. Secondly, perks that allow me to do things have no relevance to my earlier points when my skills and perk points are in such fewness I am not eligible or capable of having one or all of them. Doing the golden claw quest was possible, but only with many resets, because bandit or skeleton archers could consistently OHKO me in various no-cover corridor chokepoints -- and there were a lot of them. I'm talking at least five or six, with four melee skeletons to delay my advance. There really is no reason for melee enemies to deal less damage than ranged enemies, at the very least. The challenge of killing them was fun for a bit, but the fun starts to die away when you're forced to abuse the shoddy mechanics of Skyrim to win, like walking backwards with a long reaching melee weapon whlie my opponet feebly tries to hit me with his short one. So much for roleplaying, you know, the author's stated purpose of the mod? Or was I supposed to really grind until level 5 or 10 on menial postman tasks before doing the golden claw?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom